Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
Pulgil, a warrior of the river land (Barbarian)

Stats: http://orokos.com/roll/429658

STR 12
REF 8
INT 14
PT 7
LKS 10

ATTACK 14
DEFENCE 5
MAGICAL DEFENCE 2
EVASION 4
STEALTH 13
PERCEPTION 5

Health points: 11 (http://orokos.com/roll/429662)

Spear (2d4, 4)
Bow
6 arrows (d6,4)
Crocodile hide armour (AF 2)

Tracking
Arrow Mind (in place of Berserk)
Swimming (in place of Ride Warhorse)

Languages: Native tongue, Some sort of wider trade language used across a wider area of Mungoda ( Wagandan)

Pulgil is the fourth daughter of the second wife of a mighty hunter of a tribe of the Cosh Goyope. She has been afflicted by wanderlust from an early age and her parents indulged her in this allowing her to range far afield from their home in her early adolescence to live and die by her own skills. She survived well. When it came time for her to face marriage, the man who wanted her was far too old for her liking but her father tried to insist on the match eventually telling Pulgil her choice was to marry as he wished or leave the lands forever. Pulgil likes to think her father knew exactly what he was doing - and took this course as the only way he could set her free to live as she wished within the strict mores of their tribe. She now wanders as she will.

Attachments:
Pulgil.PNG
Pulgil.PNG [ 262.95 KiB | Viewed 6592 times ]

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:36 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Here's my draft. As soon as I have the endorsement of the esteemed GM I shall post the final version to Character Sheets:

Ammu Kho, a pastoralist turned shaman from Mungoda's southern grasslands.
Profession: Mystic

[Inspiration: I'm thinking of the Khoikhoi and related tribes of South Africa for Ammu's heritage. Not sure what's in the apocrypha of DW for this kind of region of Mungoda however as I seldom look at non-canonical sources. Also, full disclosure, I rerolled a few times before I got a high enough Psy score to justify the Mystic I wanted to make. Let me know if this is a problem]

Str: 10
Ref: 5
Int: 10
Psy: 15
Lks:13

ATTACK: 11
DEFENCE:4
MAGICAL ATTACK: 15
MAGICAL DEFENCE: 5
EVASION: 1
STEALTH: 13
PERCEPTION: 6

Health points: 10

WEAPONS: Bow, quiver (6 arrows), dagger, knobkerrie (d4,3)
ARMOUR: Leather hide (AF 1)
EQUIPMENT: Lantern, flint & tinder, backpack, bow, quiver (6 arrows), 3 day's water and provisions, blanket, rope.
SKILLS: Premonition 37%, ESP 8%, outdoor survival
SPELLS:
Coti's Milk (Invigorate)
The Green Eyed Snake (Mirage)
Winter Moon (See Enchantment)
Gaunab's trick (Suspended Animation)

Languages: Native tongue, Wagandan (?)

Ammu lived with his wife and many children in peace for nearly two decades in the sweeping grasslands in the south of Mungoda. Although not rich, Ammu had a healthy herd and could feed his kin, and he was seen as a respectable member of society. He always had a sensitivity to the unseen, which in his culture is called "the Moon's gift", but it was not until a traumatic raid by a neighbouring warlike people devastated his community that he began to have strange, disturbing dreams in which the moon turned red and the grass was swallowed up by the clouds.

Ammu moved north with his family and what remained of his herd to escape the hostile tribes, but strayed too near the coast. For a second time he fell victim to an unprovoked attack, this time by a horde of Volucreth which killed or captured his entire family and slaughtered his cattle. Barely escaping with his life, Ammu was driven mad with grief and spent a year wandering the land like a wild man. Something was unlocked in him in that time, and his latent powers began to manifest. It was when he was trying to steal food from the larder of a hill temple that he was captured by the monks living there. In time the compassion of one of their number helped bring Ammu to his senses, and it was this monk (himself a Mystic) who recognised Ammu's powers and helped him to hone them.

Finally departing from the temple, Ammu had been transformed by his experiences. Once a stolid, conservative family man, he is now a visionary; sometimes excitable, effusive and magnetic (though retaining a little of his old acerbity), and other times withdrawn and uncommunicative. He has a passionate hatred of reavers and of the Volucreth, detests slavery, and yearns to discover the source of his recurring dreams of a "third devastation". Now in his fortieth year, Ammu is short a but handsome and sturdy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:48 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
That works. There are definetly southern grasslands butting up against the northwest edges of tg he Forest of Storms and canon has those folks pretty similar to what you described. :)

All good as far as I can see. Any preference as to where you start? I was thinking to have you meet our wayward princeling so you two can chat.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:21 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Wherever the prince happens to be is fine. Ammu is aimless at the moment and could have wandered anywhere.

Cheers,

-Kyle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:02 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

WodenKrait wrote:
Wherever the prince happens to be is fine. Ammu is aimless at the moment and could have wandered anywhere.

Cheers,

-Kyle

Ok. Ammu is currently camped within the kraal Kuublu has entered.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:59 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Damian May wrote:
WodenKrait wrote:

Cheers,

-Kyle

Ok. Ammu is currently camped within the kraal Kuublu has entered.

*polite cough*

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:30 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Give me an intro coach! I'm ready to go on the field!

Cheers,

-Kyle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:55 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Knave
Remind me to stat up a character!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:35 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Jiminy wrote:
Remind me to stat up a character!

Ok.

Stat up a character.

:P

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:07 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Thane
Hi Damian,

For some reason I couldn't reply to your message. I'm still working my way through the rules...

I'd like to play a scoundrel of some kind, the sort who never misses an opportunity, but has a good heart - essentially a rogue. I understand with DW that there is no thief/rogue class as such, but an Assassin can be played that way. Does this sound suitable?

I've yet to come up with a backstory, but I'm thinking of an older character who has had to live by his (or her) wits for many years, first as a street urchin, then as a burglar in a criminal gang, caught and spent many years in prison, released to become a guard in a brothel, then set of on a voyage of discovery funded as a con man... and so on. That's all I have for now, I'll need to give it a bit more thought.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next