Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:34 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Prince Kuublu Oublu
Profession: Mungodan Cavalryman/Knight/Ritter

str 9
ref 9
int 13
psy 7
lks 13

Health Points (5): d6+7

Attack: 13 (14 with spear)
Defence: 7
Magical Defence: 3
Evasion: 4
Stealth: 13
Perception: 5

Equipment
Yak skin sack with straps
3 torches
Flint and tinder
rope 10m

Bronze dagger (d3,3)
Bronze tipped spear (2d3,4)
Bronze tipped javelin (d6,4)

Hide shield (breaks after one use from steel weapons)
Stripped down 'hard leather' armour/rhinoceros skin AF1

Horse
rope 10m

Horse
Waterskin
Waterskin
1 week rations

Cash
Silver 2
Copper 32

Languages
[Native tongue]: Fluent, no literacy

Skills
Track
Ride Warhorse
Weapon mastery: Spear

Background
Kuublu's family had a lot of contact over the centuries since back in the time of the Selentine. For generations they formed the Mungodan cavalry that fought in an earlier age. Since then the noble titles have been passed on to successive generations. Kuublu is 17th of 49 children, the 2nd son of the 4th wife and thus has a noble title which is not recognized 5 miles from his ancestral lands. Many of his brothers and cousins are dispersed and introductions and announcements can take 10 minutes as he recites his origins. Has a perfect recollection of oral ancestries and can discuss and relate to distant cousins 5 generations apart.

(Dragwars multiclassing! Wahay!)

Schizophrenia (10%) or when he goes near the sea/smells the sea/exposed to marine creatures/sees Cthulhu

'Bleu'
Profession: Knave

str 9
ref 9
int REROLL (must be 9+)
psy REROLL
lks 13

Health Points : SEE ABOVE

Attack: 11
Defence: 5
Evasion: 5
Stealth: 14
Perception: 8

Skills
Disguise
Pilfer
Intermediate Chaubretian
Natural Linguist
Infuriate/Pacify
Distract

Background
Having been captured by Chaubretian slave traders, imprisoned over 4 years, subjected to abuse, harsh conditions and extended periods in darkness 'Blue's personality developed, a survivor personality who knows all about how to deceive, lie, cheat, beg and appeal to people's generosity or sadistic nature. Since he was physically powerless to change his circumstances, 'Bleu' managed to charm his way through his captivity and even developed excellent negotiation skills, a broad charming smile and a desire to please. Also knows how to cook really nice chaubretian cuisine with available materials and sailing.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:35 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
drb1004 wrote:
Right then... I may have taken way too many liberties here, but see what you think (not sure if there's a standard template for character sheets, or a repository where documents can be stored). As you say, we can rewrite and rework as necessary to fit the campaign you have in mind - happy to start from scratch with the background if necessary :)

Chiemeka
Profession: Sorcerer

Strength: 7
Reflexes: 9
Intelligence: 12
Psychic Talent: 12
Looks: 9

Health Points (5): 5
Magic Points (4): 4

Attack: 10
Defence: 5
Magical Attack: 15
Magical Defence: 5
Evasion: 3

Equipment
Backpack
Lantern, flint-and-tinder
Dagger
Staff
Potion of Healing
Potion of Strength

Cash
20 F

Level 1 spells
Fire of Horirem (Dragonbreath)
Deception of Suty (Image)
Blessing of Aset (Lesser Healing)
Light of Hons (Moonglow)
Apitus’s Gateway (Portal)
Sebak’s Wasting (Weakness)

Languages
[Native tongue]: Fluent
Ancient Kaikahuran* (Qemor hieroglyphics; Intermediate) [I actually rolled Bachille, but Kaikahuran seemed more appropriate given the region and background]

Background
Chiemeka was born into the labouring people of his tribe, a class effectively owned by the Tribal Ruler (Background table: Serf). His parents covered up the inauspicious birthmark on his left shoulder as long as they could, but when he entered the workforce at the age of 9, it soon came to the attention of the Elders. When they discovered that the boy was also left-handed, he was decreed to be cursed by the gods, and banished from the village. The child would surely have died, had he not stumbled across a strange obelisk in the jungle. On touching the obelisk, Chiemeka heard ancient spirits speaking to him, telling them that he was Chosen One of the god Aset, an Ancient Kaikahuran deity of healing (I think it's canonical that the Ancient Kaikahuran empire extended into Mungoda). The spirits gave Chiemeka the ability to heal people, to find his way in the dark, and to protect himself against enemies by force and trickery. They also guided him to magical waters that could heal and increase strength. By studying the symbols on the obelisk, he was even able to make some headway in understanding the strange language of the ancients. Since then, Chiemeka has wandered the jungles and forests of Mungoda, protecting and healing where he can, in the name of the goddess who saved his life as a child.

Chiemeka works very well for the most part. Yes the Kaikahuran empire extended to the north east coastal regions....well...its mainly where they sent people to get rid of them but its much the same thing. :)

Feel free to alter the SFX for the spells as well.

He's a long way south from where he started out but considering he's a witch with strangely flavoured magic to most of the peoples and kingdoms he's travelled through keeping on the move has probably been a survival trait he's cultivated.

Additional languages: -Wagadan ( Fluent: A large empire in the central west and a very common trade tongue in central Mungoda.)
- A number of forest people dialects and languages ( Basic: He picked up 'tourist' phrases on his way through)

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:55 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:
Prince Kuublu Oublu

str 9
ref 9
int 13
psy 7
lks 13

Health Points (12): d6+7

Attack: 13 (14 with spear)

Equipment
Yak skin sack with straps
3 torches
Flint and tinder
rope 10m

Bronze dagger (d3,3)
Bronze tipped spear (2d3,4)

Stripped down 'hard leather' armour/rhinoceros skin AF1

Horse
rope 10m

Horse
Waterskin
Waterskin
1 week rations

Cash
Silver 2
Copper 32

Languages
[Native tongue]: Fluent, no literacy

Skills
Track
Ride Warhorse

Background
Kuublu's family had a lot of contact over the centuries since back in the time of the Selentine. For generations they formed the Mungodan cavalry that fought in an earlier age. Since then the noble titles have been passed on to successive generations. Kuublu is 17th of 49 children, the 2nd son of the 4th wife and thus has a noble title which is not recognized 5 miles from his ancestral lands. Many of his brothers and cousins are dispersed and introductions and announcements can take 10 minutes as he recites his origins. Has a perfect recollection of oral ancestries and can discuss and relate to distant cousins 5 generations apart.

We'll nix Bleu cos...well Coradia essentially doesn't exist for the purposes of this campaign.

I like the royalty idea but we'll have to nix the horses as Wagadou and the other empires have only just started opening trade with the Ta'ashim through the Desert of Songs trade routes. There will be a lot of Mungodan cavalry but its about 100 years away before big groups are fielded. You can swap out ride warhorse for another skill if you wish.

Yak skin? Lets say buffalo...cos thats a whole seperate continent. :)

No need for bronze weapons, if this was actual Africa they would have been making some steel and definetely iron for about 1000 years at this point.

His armour would be AF2. Because he is foregoing 3 levels of Armour that his Profession usually enjoys he can take another three skills:

As a member of nobility I would suggest:

Noble Authority
Empowered by the authority of their patron—be it a noble, the king or the church—He holds a privileged place in feudal society. This authority will be conveyed by form of physical document or object that affirms the PCs status. Raises the PCs perceived status by 1.

Composure
The PC is able to maintain a composed and focused bearing under pressure, without displaying any outward signs of being flustered or disturbed. Furthermore, the PC is unaffected by Morale Checks and those of a lesser Rank accompanying the PC add +1 to their Rank when making Morale checks.

Navigator - Land
With access to an open sky the character may determine their course and approximate location to within 15 miles by rolling under their Intelligence score.

Hide shields over a wooden frame with iron fittings aren't actually all that much weaker than full wooden shields like everyone else is using. Like those it will definetely need upkeep after each battle though.

Languages: Wagandan. Normally he would be literate but I can see him as a noble son who paid more attention to physical pursuits and forgot all his lessons.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:56 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Um, Shaun? Where you be? ;)

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:21 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Buffalo, buffalo, maybe that was the term I was looking for. Ok, let me make some changes tonight. In the office and I can't be sure I'll have peace and quiet to open up books on my usb.

A small 'kingdom' 10 miles across....

Pity about the horses, wonder if I can get a camel or donkey. I'd say Kuublu is almost a barbarian.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:39 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:
Buffalo, buffalo, maybe that was the term I was looking for. Ok, let me make some changes tonight. In the office and I can't be sure I'll have peace and quiet to open up books on my usb.

A small 'kingdom' 10 miles across....

Pity about the horses, wonder if I can get a camel or donkey. I'd say Kuublu is almost a barbarian.

You can definetely have a donkey. Camels are v. rarely seen as beasts of burden on trade routes down the west side of the mountains no one local rides them yet. Of course you have a share of the family cattle herd.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:11 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Prince Kuublu Oublu

str 9
ref 9
int 13
psy 7
lks 13

Health Points ( 12): d6+7

Attack: 13 (14 with spear or javelin)

Equipment
Buffalo skin sack with straps
3 torches
Flint and tinder
rope 10m

Ancestral Dagger (d4,3) (decorated with colourful tropical bird feathers, leopard teeth, lion skin and two leather orbs hanging off it, a symbol of extreme masculinity and refinement that impresses those who recognize it)
Dagger (d4,3)
Spear (2d4,4)

Stripped down 'hard leather' armour/rhinoceros skin AF2

Donkey
rope 10m
Hide shield
Javelin (d8,4)
Javelin (d8,4)
Waterskin
Waterskin
1 week rations

Cash
Silver 2
Copper 32

Languages
Wagandan: Fluent, no literacy

Skills
Track
Weapon mastery: Javelin

Noble Authority
Empowered by the authority of their patron—be it a noble, the king or the church—He holds a privileged place in feudal society. This authority will be conveyed by form of physical document or object that affirms the PCs status. Raises the PCs perceived status by 1. - See ANCESTRAL DAGGER above

Composure
The PC is able to maintain a composed and focused bearing under pressure, without displaying any outward signs of being flustered or disturbed. Furthermore, the PC is unaffected by Morale Checks and those of a lesser Rank accompanying the PC add +1 to their Rank when making Morale checks.

Navigator - Land
With access to an open sky the character may determine their course and approximate location to within 15 miles by rolling under their Intelligence score.

Background

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:10 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Cool. Both PCs approved.

I'll get some background stuff up while we wait for Shaun. :)

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:05 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

You'll have to roll d6 for me for health points...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:35 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Done.

co-author Cold Fury

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next