Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:36 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
WodenKrait wrote:
While waiting for the old man to reply I mutter an aside to Kuublu, quietly enough that nobody else hears.

"King Oblo eh. Any relation, young prince?"

"I have... obligations to resolve this. I wonder whether I can handle this myself, or whether we should notify... ...my father."

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:07 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
WodenKrait wrote:
While waiting for the old man to reply I mutter an aside to Kuublu, quietly enough that nobody else hears.

"King Oblo eh. Any relation, young prince?"

At Ammus words the old man drops to his knees before Kuublu, " Masters, I did not know! Please forgive me...."

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:18 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"The most important thing you must do is notify those who can inform my father. Add that I am working to resolve this."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:49 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
"Silumko, is there a fit and fleet-footed young person in your village who we can trust to send word of these events to the King? I think your Prince, who stands before us, will be able to provide a token of some kind which will inform his majesty that the communication originates with him."

I cast an enquiring glance sideways to Kuublu to seek confirmation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:01 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu removes his ceremonial dagger with the various anatomical parts and hands it to the old man.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:31 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Thane
"You are a real prince then Kuublu? What strange times these are that bring the likes of myself together with such fine men as yourselves."

"I offer my services to you then Prince Kuublu. I can move like a panther in the night, no more than a shadow. Like a panther I can strike quickly when needed."

"If it is your will, I shall scout the village and the long house and report what I find"

If Kuublu approves, Mthunzi stealthily moves through the village towards the long house. He wants to avoid contact with any people at this stage. While sneaking along he whispers to himself "You are fortunate Mthunzi to make the acquaintance of a prince. Princes are wealthy, Kings even more so"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:01 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"I would be most grateful if you could. Perhaps I can wait nearby, you can be my eyes."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:22 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

WodenKrait wrote:
"Silumko, is there a fit and fleet-footed young person in your village who we can trust to send word of these events to the King? I think your Prince, who stands before us, will be able to provide a token of some kind which will inform his majesty that the communication originates with him."

I cast an enquiring glance sideways to Kuublu to seek confirmation.

Kharille wrote:
Kuublu removes his ceremonial dagger with the various anatomical parts and hands it to the old man.

" Below? No...no one who will want to leave their family alone with what's happening now."
, he took the ceremonial dagger. " But I will go, I am not as fast as I was...but I got up that tree and if I can do that I can run at least to where I can find someone faster...."

" What is the message? That aid is needed?"

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:37 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Hellbrandt wrote:
"You are a real prince then Kuublu? What strange times these are that bring the likes of myself together with such fine men as yourselves."

"I offer my services to you then Prince Kuublu. I can move like a panther in the night, no more than a shadow. Like a panther I can strike quickly when needed."

"If it is your will, I shall scout the village and the long house and report what I find"

If Kuublu approves, Mthunzi stealthily moves through the village towards the long house. He wants to avoid contact with any people at this stage. While sneaking along he whispers to himself "You are fortunate Mthunzi to make the acquaintance of a prince. Princes are wealthy, Kings even more so"

Kharille wrote:
"I would be most grateful if you could. Perhaps I can wait nearby, you can be my eyes."

Mthunzi disappeared into the shadows and moved away and down the slope.

Mthunzi made his way north down the hill and through the village gate. The gate stands open and the gatehouse is deserted. The street is empty and the huts have covered windows. Every door is firmly closed. Many are decorated with charms to ward off evil spirits: small leather bags, dried birds and carved wooden figures.

You reach the central clearing of the village, obviously used for the market by the hard-packed earth and pole marks, with the long house standing proudly on its north side. Opposite the longhouse is a small building, possibly a storehouse. There is a faint light from within and the door is ajar.

The road continues north-east, sloping down to a rope bridge over a stream. There it passes through a gate before turning east towards the black edges of the forest.

He moved carefully towards the longhouse, trying not to be seen, the longhouse casts a moon-shadow across the market clearing, black and foreboding.

A figure appears at an upper window, silhouetted in firelight, for a moment Mthunzi fears he has been seen but the figure simply moves a wooden shutter across and vanishes from sight.

Mthunzi can hear many rough voices singing in the lower portion of the longhouse, the rhythmic banging on tables, and breaking pottery.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:44 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Damian May wrote:
" What is the message? That aid is needed?"[/color]

"No aid is needed. I am working to resolve this and may have an update when I have a better grasp of the situation. You can inform them of the events that has happened. I hope that you will not need to use this dagger but do what you must to ensure your own safety above all else."

"If there is any need for help I may engage another messenger. But I hope that the second messenger will bring good news."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next