Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:33 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu has a long way to go. He compliments the merchants on their kindness and sleeps early too.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:05 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
Kuublu has a long way to go. He compliments the merchants on their kindness and sleeps early too.

Ammu sat with his back against the goat confine and watched the newcomer get settled in, he had been at the kraal for two days and had still not decided where he was headed next.

Outside the thorny wall the hyena yipped disapprovingly when one of the guards stones got to close and the animal decided to move on...

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:31 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
I rise from my sleep very early, before the sun has come up, and eat a simple meal of dried beef and nuts. Once I have finished and performed my ablutions I wander over to the sleeping travellers and study them with interest. I finally reach the bold, finely attired soldier I saw enter the kraal the previous day. I am now squatting directly in front of the quietly snoring Prince, with my face inches from his own, staring intently at a tiny spiderweb that has settled on his face during the night sway back and forth in rhythm with his exhalations.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:53 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu wakes with a start. His arm instinctively reaches out for something but he thinks better of it. He sits up with a smile. Brushing his hand across his face and whatever might be attached.

"I am glad that everyone found accommodation. Blessed are we that we can all find shelter in need."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:42 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

I put my hand on Kuublu's shoulder in greeting.

"You seem an important sir to be travelling without retainers. You have dust on your clothes but nobody to brush them."

I smile broadly.

"I am Ammu. We are going to be friends!" I say.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:27 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"This is a fine day indeed! Joyful are the times when one meets new friends on the road! I go to Iintombi Intlambo to celebrate the birth of a new member of my family. Join me!"

Not sure if there is much food to go around with all the celebration but Kuublu will buy more food if available. He will share what he has with his new found friend before they set off.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:14 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

"You are thinner than a devil-horse bird, son!" I say, rummaging in my pack before holding out my hand. I offer the prince some mongongo nuts and a couple of strips of dried beef. They've been in the pack for a while and probably don't look very appetising.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:26 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

OOC: Kuublu is all about etiquette, and bearing in mind his 13 looks score he will never come across as unpleasant, unless he's engaging an enemy in a fight. And even then he'll probably introduce himself. Warrior code and all.

He compliments Ammu on the bountiful food he has and exchanges his own stuff readily.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:09 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

OOC: As we eat Ammu talks animatedly and listens attentively, and he seems genuinely interested in everything Kuublu has to say. Ammu's makes no attempt to avoid eye contact or modify his behaviour in any other way in the presence of a social superior, and although his accent and vocabulary are provincial he is quite articulate and has no problem expressing himself.

"Who is the new child? Have you a new son or daughter? To become a father is one of the greatest gifts the gods can bestow". There is a tiny note of sadness under Ammu's bright tone.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:39 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"A nephew or niece!"

Kuublu beams with pride.

"Unfortunately I have yet to settle down to raise a family. But I have enjoyed the benefits of youth and the company of unwed ladies. I must say the world has been abundant, a joy to all!"

Kuublu does not seem to notice or respond to any sadness or negativity. Which we will test in the adventures to come.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next