Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:25 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
"I am from the North, but I have travelled widely for many years. I help where I can and offer comfort where I cannot. My name is Chiemeka."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:02 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Dreadnought wrote:
Damian May wrote:
drb1004 wrote:
Chiemaka nods as the woman speaks. He has seen this sort of thing many times in his travels.

"Tribal feuds can be a terrible thing. Is there no way to settle your differences peacefully?"

The old woman shook her head, " It is not our neighbours way to think of peace."

" And you two? You are from far north I believe and you are...one of the water people?"

"My name is Pulgil. And yes, I come from the riverlands. I have always felt the need to travel and so I have. I have no particular goal but I trust that someday I will find something worth doing with my life."

drb1004 wrote:
"I am from the North, but I have travelled widely for many years. I help where I can and offer comfort where I cannot. My name is Chiemeka."

" Hmmmm, well....your both still quite young so you have some time to work things out. There are a lot of opportunities among my people where we are headed. Though trading season is winding down now...."

" I'm sure you'll find something."

They walked together for the next few hours until they came across a traumatic scene on the road, about four or five people sat on the road bleeding from large cuts and scrapes and a woman was screaming and pointing into the forest as others tried to console her.

A man lay on the ground disembowelled, his viscera spilled across the packed earth....

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:08 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Quote:
They walked together for the next few hours until they came across a traumatic scene on the road, about four or five people sat on the road bleeding from large cuts and scrapes and a woman was screaming and pointing into the forest as others tried to console her.

A man lay on the ground disembowelled, his viscera spilled across the packed earth....
Assuming that nothing can be done for the man whose intestines are spilling into the road, Chiemeka attends to the other wounded. He will help with basic first aid if possible, and if there are any more seriously injured he will call upon the Blessing of Aset (Lesser Healing).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:02 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

drb1004 wrote:
Quote:

Assuming that nothing can be done for the man whose intestines are spilling into the road, Chiemeka attends to the other wounded. He will help with basic first aid if possible, and if there are any more seriously injured he will call upon the Blessing of Aset (Lesser Healing).

Chiemeka bound wounds and tended to cuts, he noted the great gashes in the injured ones....his considered opinion was that the wounds had been caused by the teeth and claws of something like a lion or leopard.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:06 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Quote:
Chiemeka bound wounds and tended to cuts, he noted the great gashes in the injured ones....his considered opinion was that the wounds had been caused by the teeth and claws of something like a lion or leopard.

"Pulgil, my new friend, unless something can be done about this creature, the travellers here will remain in great danger. Are you able to track the beast? Perhaps together we can defeat it."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
drb1004 wrote:
"Pulgil, my new friend, unless something can be done about this creature, the travellers here will remain in great danger. Are you able to track the beast? Perhaps together we can defeat it."

"Yes, I have some ability in tracking. I shall do this. Once an animal turns to attacking people, it must be dealt with, in case it has come to see us as easy prey."

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:29 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Quote:
"Yes, I have some ability in tracking. I shall do this. Once an animal turns to attacking people, it must be dealt with, in case it has come to see us as easy prey."

Chiemeka finishes bandaging the last of the wounded.

"Then lead on. I do not wish to see more wounds such as these."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:07 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

drb1004 wrote:

drb1004 wrote:
Quote:

Chiemeka finishes bandaging the last of the wounded.

"Then lead on. I do not wish to see more wounds such as these."

Pulgil kneels at the edge of the road, there are large pawprints there...a cat of some kind for sure....but the tread is heavier going than coming.

She looks again at the speechless woman....there is an empty wrap about her torso...

With no time to lose she heads off followed by Chiemeka.

As they leave one of the older women says the word "Azimu".

They head into the forest, there are none of the usual sounds...a large predator has definetely passed this way recently.

As they come to a stand of massive paduak trees the trail is lost....

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:18 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Quote:
She looks again at the speechless woman....there is an empty wrap about her torso...
[...]
As they leave one of the older women says the word "Azimu".

Assuming that the woman has had a child taken by the predator, Chiemeka puts his hands up to his mouth and calls as loudly as he can, "Azimu!".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
Damian May wrote:
As they come to a stand of massive paduak trees the trail is lost....

Pulgil drops to her knees to examine the ground minutely for a minute. If no evidence can be found of the trail, she will stand and continue in whatever seems the most likely direction to her for a creature to travel. Randomly if necessary - better to be moving in some direction in case it is right than to stand still if there is no other evidence.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next