Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:24 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka addresses Kuublu: "Your Highness, I am no fighter, but I have some skills that may be of use, and I cannot stand by while children are in danger. I will do everything I can to assist you."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:24 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu raises his hand in a regal manner acknowledging Chiemeka's declaration.

"You have noble values. It is by such virtue that the house of Oublu has managed to rule for generations. We sacrifice our finest, shed blood and elevate the virtuous to protect the people. I am but a lion cub but I will readily sacrifice my life to protect the people. Perhaps a hasty confrontation with hyenas and vultures will not serve our purpose. Also the matter of the Mother of Moons is more pressing. Malim is no more than a nuisance, even if I cannot pacify him my father has the means. I must pay my respects to my second cousin and then we must aid Kgosi Olmar."

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:01 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Thane
Having spent most of his life on the streets of Koumbi, Mthunzi finds the superstitions of these country folk unhelpful, if not slightly amusing.

"Prince Kuublu, fellow travellers, surely you cannot believe these ghost stories? These are country folk who see spirits where only nature exists and there is always a rational explanation. Mother of Moons is most likely a deranged widower who brews potions and howls in the dark hours to scare the local folk. I say we deal with the problems that we can see and bring our skill and force of arms to bear if necessary. We should first see to the safety of Kgosigadi Ngela, then deal with the usurper Malim Oche. Finally we can track down Kgosi Olmar."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:06 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"Men are motivated by greed, but like beasts I see no malicious nature in men, only greed. I would prefer not to spill blood to resolve this. I must see to the security of my second cousin. But if this 'threat' warrants the personal attention of Kgosi Olmar then truly it would be the greater threat. Let us visit my second cousin. I think we should prepare for a long journey."

Last edited by Kharille on Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:18 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
I squint disbelievingly at Kuublu when he says he sees no malicious nature in men, trying to work out if he's being facetious.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:57 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

WodenKrait wrote:
I squint disbelievingly at Kuublu when he says he sees no malicious nature in men, trying to work out if he's being facetious.

OOC: I think I meant 'these' men. But truth is, compared to demons, undead, hellions and other awful stuff you can buy most men off with shiny stuff. Kuublu can use mercenaries in meat grinder missions, his job is to unify all men and tame wild hearts... y'know, kingly stuff....

Oh and the lands have been at peace, very few atrocities committed as far as he's concerned....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:26 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Thane
OOC: 'Kingly stuff..'? Methinks the Prince has his eyes on the throne... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:49 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Kharille wrote:
OOC: I think I meant 'these' men. But truth is, compared to demons, undead, hellions and other awful stuff you can buy most men off with shiny stuff. Kuublu can use mercenaries in meat grinder missions, his job is to unify all men and tame wild hearts... y'know, kingly stuff....

Oh and the lands have been at peace, very few atrocities committed as far as he's concerned....

OOC: If ever they talk on this subject, Ammu will be very happy to explain to the naive young prince exactly how full of malice mere men can be.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:28 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

OCC: We should roleplay this out, Kuublu might have nightmares about kingdoms at war and don't play by rules...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:52 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

OOC: Ammu will keep his opinions to himself for now. He knows better than to start an argument with a nobleman he hardly knows.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next