Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:12 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
As everybody is filing out I say to the Market Overseer:

"Hello hello. I'm afraid I didn't catch your name. I'm Ammu. Tell me, how many of these mercenaries do you think there are?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:23 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Dreadnought wrote:
Pulgil is quite deliberately standing a little back at the moment and trying to take everything in. (Ie, the player is paying attention, I just have not felt any need to do anything yet except watch). If anybody looks at her, they will notice her intensity.

Those keeping watch on the longhouse and other places see no signs that they have been observed.

Kharille wrote:
"Then I will go and pay my respects. It is hard to 'negotiate' when you are carrying too much."

"Lets all head to the hut near the bridge."

The market overseer held up a hand, " Please wait, Great Prince. I will send my son to fetch the other townsfolk...they will want to speak with you."

WodenKrait wrote:
As everybody is filing out I say to the Market Overseer:

"Hello hello. I'm afraid I didn't catch your name. I'm Ammu. Tell me, how many of these mercenaries do you think there are?"

" I am Bamboula. The number I do not know but at least two dozen I fear..."

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:54 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Irritated at being detained, Kuublu will disregard all other considerations and find some form of seating whilst he waits....

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:29 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:
Irritated at being detained, Kuublu will disregard all other considerations and find some form of seating whilst he waits....

He looked slightly afraid as Kuublu's mood darkened, his eyes going again to the groups weapons, and yelled towards the interior door, " Sule! Come here, boy, now!"

A whip thin boy came out and googled at the newcomers before his father cuffed him on the shoulder.

“Sule, go and get Sekou . He’ll want to meet our visitors, I’m sure. And they’ll be interested to meet him, or I’m a fool.” The boy runs off into the rain. A short time later, he returns, accompanied by a gaggle of frightened looking townsmen. They eye you with suspicion.

“It’s all right, Sekou. They’re here for Kgosigadi Ngela. This great prince here is her cousin!” says Bamboula, cheerful.

The leader of the group, a small, care-worn man named Sekou, comes forward to peer at you. “If that’s true, you come in just the nick of time. I beg of you sires, bring back our dear Kgosi Olmar, and rid this town of that terrible she-devil, Mother of Moons.”

It is obvious from there dress and scars that these are elders and traders of high standing in the town, an old woman creeps forward, " Have you seen my brother? He was outside the gates...."

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:41 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

OOC: The moon is sacred to Ammu's people, and he is obsessed with signs and portents.

IC: With sudden gravity I accost Sekou.

"Who exactly is this Mother of Moons? What do you mean by She-Devil? I hope this is just an expression. Please, speak quickly. It is important!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:49 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

WodenKrait wrote:
OOC: The moon is sacred to Ammu's people, and he is obsessed with signs and portents.

IC: With sudden gravity I accost Sekou.

"Who exactly is this Mother of Moons? What do you mean by She-Devil? I hope this is just an expression. Please, speak quickly. It is important!"

The small man looked slightly worried as Ammu regarded him.

" Mother of Moons, some say her name in life was Morowa, a terrible ghost."

“No one alive here has seen her, but her house of white stone has appeared in the eastern hills overlooking the town on several occasions over the centuries, only when the moon is nearly full and a child is due to be born. Whenever it appears, there’s a terrible storm. At daybreak of the third day after its birth, the poor child falls sick and passes away. They say the Mother of Moons spirits their little souls away, but no one knows why.”

“Many brave folk have attempted to put an end to her evil, but none have returned from the white house. Once her evil work is done, the house disappears and the storm blows out.”

“There’s little hope of ever seeing Kgosi Olmar again. These are dark times indeed.”

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:10 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

"So, the white house has returned?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:16 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

" It has. It is why Kgosi Olmar left, to save his child...but his cousin has taken the opportunity to take over the town."

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:28 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

To Kuublu and Mthunzi, aside:

"This is grave news. I know a little of the ways of the spirit world, but should we come face-to-face with this Mother of Moons we will need a witch or wizard on our side. Or perhaps one of you has enchanted talismans or artefacts that may protect us? Without that kind of magic we are bound to fail."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:22 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Damian May wrote:
The leader of the group, a small, care-worn man named Sekou, comes forward to peer at you. “If that’s true, you come in just the nick of time. I beg of you sires, bring back our dear Kgosi Olmar, and rid this town of that terrible she-devil, Mother of Moons.”

It is obvious from there dress and scars that these are elders and traders of high standing in the town, an old woman creeps forward, " Have you seen my brother? He was outside the gates...."

Kuublu regains his composure when the people arrive. He nods as they enter and assumes his smiling friendly expression, as far as is appropriate considering the mood.

"I must see that my second cousin is in good health, and then do what I can to resolve these many... ...problems. I will help Kgosi Olmar but I need to ensure that order is restored here."

OOC: Well, lets check out my second cousin, and then hopefully those guys would've be anaesthetized by the time I come back. I think I only need to pay them mercenaries to work for us. Maybe my second cousin has some idea where the cash is kept.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next