Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: Re: OOC Thread.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:48 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
I'm for the direct approach. If we're onto Malim the shock might get to him. He thinks we're dead. If we provide more evidence, they might celebrate the death of Olmar and Kuublu and drink more. Maybe someone bring news of Kuublu's demise and we wait 24 hours before we fall on them.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:02 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
We could do both actually. 1st send the deception. Then wait for the debauchery to start. Then begin taking them out in small manageable groups.

I'm just here offering suggestions. Ak'kulula is not involved in this village powergrab yet. :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:58 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Now there's a thought, if they think all opposition is dead, they might even get rid of some of their mercenaries.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:00 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

What about Kgosi Olmar? Maybe he wants some time to regain his strength? And those redshirts we picked up, somehow I don't think they amount to anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:29 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

I may be wrong here, but I believe just as individuals have a nature, groups have that too - they follow that of their leader. So if Malim is such that his men are allowed to get drunk and lazy and careless once, they will do it again and again given time. In other words, I think we are not pressed for time that we must attack now. The situation right now isn't exactly very favorable to us - some conditions of the current situation favor us while others don't.

I suggest we should really rest up and heal up. While taking our time to find out Malim's routines and plans, for the purpose of finding his weaknesses. We can then make plans to target his weak points when we are strong and rested.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about weeks. Afterall Malim's force isn't that big. Just 3-4 days delay will most certainly drastically improve our chances of success.

Now Kgosi may not like this delay. And likely neither might Kubluu. But 1stly, I think Kubluu is in charge here. It was his Party that freed Kgosi. And we are the only force here to help Kgosi. And Kubluu is nominally our leader. So Kubluu should call the shots here.

The above are rather good strong reasons for the recommended course of action. If it is all repeated to Kubluu IC, then Kharille you shall determine how Kubluu will decide to act. As for the rest of us, Ak'kulula will follow Kubluu's lead, if it doesn't contravene his values and faith in the Great Spirit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:22 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
howareyou wrote:
I suggest we should really rest up and heal up. While taking our time to find out Malim's routines and plans, for the purpose of finding his weaknesses. We can then make plans to target his weak points when we are strong and rested.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about weeks. Afterall Malim's force isn't that big. Just 3-4 days delay will most certainly drastically improve our chances of success.

That certainly makes sense for Chiemeka - with 1MP and 3 HP, he's not going to be much use in combat!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:35 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Personally I would wait. But Kuublu might not wish to. Still, he knows the benefits of helping them celebrate. Maybe get the boy to bring Kuublu's blood stained... cod piece or something might make them celebrate or send out scouting parties to verify. Disinformation would be good.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:05 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Sigh...think I'm playing the boy too far out of character...as if he is a cunning old guy skilled in deception, subterfuge and battles.

Blame it on a new rp game I recently joined up with elsewhere. The setting is the 3 Kingdoms period of strife in China between 185 - 285AD.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:07 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
howareyou wrote:
Sigh...think I'm playing the boy too far out of character...as if he is a cunning old guy skilled in deception, subterfuge and battles.

Blame it on a new rp game I recently joined up with elsewhere. The setting is the 3 Kingdoms period of strife in China between 185 - 285AD.

Eh, he grew up with folks about 10x stronger than your average human, he had to learn politics and being shrewd very quickly as what was a light cuff for their kids could have snapped him in half.

So not too far.......an edge case though maybe.)

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:04 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

3 kingdoms? My favourite novel. So many computer games and all based on it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 105  Next