Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:44 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Thane
Knowing there is no point to stealth now he has been spotted, Mthunzi will try to distract the guards so that the others can come up behind them. Hoping the two guards will assume him to be one of their company, he will approach them with a broad smile on his face, saying "Have you heard the good news, Kgosi Olmar is dead and Malim plans to take Ngela as his bride! There will be many celebrations!"

If the guards question his identity, he will tell them his name and try to persuade them that he has newly joined Malim's group. Striking a conversation with the guards (asking their names, what they think of the village, how much loot they will get working for Malim etc) he wants to position himself beyond the pair so that their is attention is drawn to him (allowing the others to approach behind them).

When the rest of the group are gathered behind the guards he will drawn their attention to them as though still a guard himself, then when they turn to face his companions, Mthunzi will use the previous tactic and hold his blade to one of the guards throats.

Should this all plan fall apart and the guards not buy any of this Mthunzi will pull a face at the guards and then run off between huts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:14 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Hellbrandt wrote:
Knowing there is no point to stealth now he has been spotted, Mthunzi will try to distract the guards so that the others can come up behind them. Hoping the two guards will assume him to be one of their company, he will approach them with a broad smile on his face, saying "Have you heard the good news, Kgosi Olmar is dead and Malim plans to take Ngela as his bride! There will be many celebrations!"

If the guards question his identity, he will tell them his name and try to persuade them that he has newly joined Malim's group. Striking a conversation with the guards (asking their names, what they think of the village, how much loot they will get working for Malim etc) he wants to position himself beyond the pair so that their is attention is drawn to him (allowing the others to approach behind them).

When the rest of the group are gathered behind the guards he will drawn their attention to them as though still a guard himself, then when they turn to face his companions, Mthunzi will use the previous tactic and hold his blade to one of the guards throats.

Should this all plan fall apart and the guards not buy any of this Mthunzi will pull a face at the guards and then run off between huts.

The younger of the two turned to the older one, " Is Malim telling everyone?"

The older one frowned, " Shut up. Who are you?"

" I have not seen you before Mthunzi. When did you arrive? You were not in the longhouse earlier...", his knobkerrie lay easily in his hand and he had not relaxed at all.

" I am Mbaye and this idiot is Pape. The town is a town and Malim does not pay enough....but there is little other work for killers of men at this time."

The others had been circling around and creeping forward when Kuublus shoulder brushed the edge of a hut roof, a collection of copper bowls that had been drying on the sloping surface clattered to the ground.

Pape span around and threw his knobkerrie at Kuublu, the heavy wooden head struck Kuublu in the chest with a sharp cracking sound..

OOC: Extreme rolls here. Worst possible stealth check for Kuublu and Pape rolls a 1 on his ATT roll.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:49 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
*CRRRAAAASSSSHHHH!!!*

"HHHUUUNNNGGGHHH!!!!"

Winded, Kuublu tries to regain his breath. He really needs to be able to speak otherwise everything is going south...

Kuublu tries to regain his breath whilst he raises a hand in the air, the other leaning heavily on his spear.

"Hold! I am Prince Kuublu and I have vanquished the Mother of the Moons!!"

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:35 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:
*CRRRAAAASSSSHHHH!!!*

"HHHUUUNNNGGGHHH!!!!"

Winded, Kuublu tries to regain his breath. He really needs to be able to speak otherwise everything is going south...

Kuublu tries to regain his breath whilst he raises a hand in the air, the other leaning heavily on his spear.

"Hold! I am Prince Kuublu and I have vanquished the Mother of the Moons!!"

Pape looked confused....especially so as Kuublu spoke after being struck...., " But I thoug...."

Mbaye frowned then gave a grim smile, " Shut up, Pape."

He dropped his weapon to the ground, " The boy was one of yours.....nicely done."

He punched out to the side catching Pape in the temple and sending him tumbling to the ground unconcious.

" Another few moments the moron would have tried to yell for help.....that would have gone badly for all of us....mostly him....then me though.", he said looking around.

" I'll take another guess.....which one of you is Kghosi Olmar? Or was the boy telling the truth about that?"

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:06 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu, open eyed at the fortunate turn of events smiles and thanks Mbaye. I assume that we managed to get introductions over with. Kuublu, gives Mbaye a short overview of how he rescued Kgosi Olmar and asks Mbaye about the composition of the mercenary bodyguard of Malim and whether others would be sympathetic to restoring Kgosi.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:37 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:
Kuublu, open eyed at the fortunate turn of events smiles and thanks Mbaye. I assume that we managed to get introductions over with. Kuublu, gives Mbaye a short overview of how he rescued Kgosi Olmar and asks Mbaye about the composition of the mercenary bodyguard of Malim and whether others would be sympathetic to restoring Kgosi.

Mbaye chuckled at Kuublus sunny disposition, " Well, I can't say I'm pleased to meet you but you have my thanks for not killing me just yet."

He frowned slightly, " So Kgosi Olmar is not with you? Interesting. I'm not sure I believe your ghost story but who am I to judge a Princes honesty?"

" There are about twenty of us, some veterans like myself and some young idiots like my sleepy friend.....as to whether they will be amenable? Well, the degree will depend on whether you get the drop on them and how many of you there are."
, he finished with a grin.

" So it is bound and gagged or am I killed now?"

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:36 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"Surrender your weapon. I must say I am grateful, that your intelligent action means that there is less chance of bloodshed. All men, whether or not they acknowledge it are brothers and I hope to end the night without spilling blood."

If he surrenders his weapon Kuublu will arrange to have it removed, taken out, then he will respectfully ask Mbaye to follow another out.

OOC: So who's with me at this time?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:16 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Thane
While all this has been going on Mthunzi will scout on just a little ahead to make sure no patrols turn up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:31 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:
"Surrender your weapon. I must say I am grateful, that your intelligent action means that there is less chance of bloodshed. All men, whether or not they acknowledge it are brothers and I hope to end the night without spilling blood."

If he surrenders his weapon Kuublu will arrange to have it removed, taken out, then he will respectfully ask Mbaye to follow another out.

OOC: So who's with me at this time?

Mbaye looked surprised but handed over his weapons to kuublu then followed Ammu over to a storage hut where he was bound with rope and hobbled and gagged with a leather strip and placed inside.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:35 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Hellbrandt wrote:
While all this has been going on Mthunzi will scout on just a little ahead to make sure no patrols turn up.

Mthunzi slipped ahead of the others, flicking his eyes to the east he noted the fire was lit in the old cooks home and surmised that Chiemeka, Kgosi Olmar and the other two had made contact and would soon be gathering up the other townsfolk.

He hunkered down against the wall and looked across at the longhouse, two men just inside the entrance door....but it was open tonight, it had been closed when they had first arrived in town. Looking at the upper level of the longhouse he could see no light so it was likely everyone up there was asleep....he could see no sign of Akúlulu.

co-author Cold Fury

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next