Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:37 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
Kharille wrote:
"AWAKEN! THE TIME FOR CELEBRATION HAS ONLY JUST STARTED! KGOSI OLMAR HAS RETURNED AND A GREAT EVIL HAS BEEN VANQUISHED!!!"

As the crowd draws near to the village moothall, the Prince, who had been marching right in front of everyone else, suddenly bursts out in a passionate and enthusiastic call to celebrate!

Ak'kulula is stunned by the sudden outburst! His young mind remembers vaguely that the Prince had earlier mentioned something about there being great joy at the return of Kgosi Olmar, though the lad had only managed to grasp fragments of it. This sudden call to spontaneously begin singing and celebrating has caught him totally unprepared and at a loss what to do! Eyes wide open and round as moons, the lad stares blankly at Kubluu, a grimace of utter confusion on his youthful face!

The call of the Prince is clarion though, and Ak'kulula, after his initial stunned confusion, begins collecting his wits about himself. The boy begins jumping up and down while clapping his hands together and wildly wagging his head, expressing excitement and joy in the typical fashion of his people. In short order, his lithe young body begins grooving to a very vague semblance of the rhythm and movements of his people's Victory Dance!

OOC - I vaguely remember something about dance being a sacred affair to African bush people. That they have a dance for every important event. And that the actual performance of it carries a strong element of worship to whatever powers or deities they believe in.

So...consider this sham celebration a sign of Ak'kulula's trust in Kubluu and his willingness to follow the Prince!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1206
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
"Ah, but we cannot punish people for intent, nor execute people for a crime they have not done yet. We need to be just and fair. Mercenary work is harsh, I hope that Malim will do good work maintaining discipline in the borders. We may even value his work in the times to come."

Kuublu heads over to the longhouse and announces the arrival of Kgosi Olmar. Standing some distance he speaks loudly, at least to awaken those slumbering upstairs.


howareyou wrote:
Ak'kulula follows behind the Prince. He hangs back, shunning the limelight, preferring to go amongst the villagers, blending in with the crowd. His senses however are in high alert, eyes darting here and there for signs of threats, while his ears are peeled for noises that may cue approaching dangers, and his mind reaches out to pickup any hint of hostility in the air.


Kharille wrote:
"AWAKEN! THE TIME FOR CELEBRATION HAS ONLY JUST STARTED! KGOSI OLMAR HAS RETURNED AND A GREAT EVIL HAS BEEN VANQUISHED!!!"


OOC:I think everyone should light up their torches. Can we get any music?



howareyou wrote:
Kharille wrote:
"AWAKEN! THE TIME FOR CELEBRATION HAS ONLY JUST STARTED! KGOSI OLMAR HAS RETURNED AND A GREAT EVIL HAS BEEN VANQUISHED!!!"

As the crowd draws near to the village moothall, the Prince, who had been marching right in front of everyone else, suddenly bursts out in a passionate and enthusiastic call to celebrate!

Ak'kulula is stunned by the sudden outburst! His young mind remembers vaguely that the Prince had earlier mentioned something about there being great joy at the return of Kgosi Olmar, though the lad had only managed to grasp fragments of it. This sudden call to spontaneously begin singing and celebrating has caught him totally unprepared and at a loss what to do! Eyes wide open and round as moons, the lad stares blankly at Kubluu, a grimace of utter confusion on his youthful face!

The call of the Prince is clarion though, and Ak'kulula, after his initial stunned confusion, begins collecting his wits about himself. The boy begins jumping up and down while clapping his hands together and wildly wagging his head, expressing excitement and joy in the typical fashion of his people. In short order, his lithe young body begins grooving to a very vague semblance of the rhythm and movements of his people's Victory Dance!

OOC - I vaguely remember something about dance being a sacred affair to African bush people. That they have a dance for every important event. And that the actual performance of it carries a strong element of worship to whatever powers or deities they believe in.

So...consider this sham celebration a sign of Ak'kulula's trust in Kubluu and his willingness to follow the Prince!


The two sentrys see the large group approaching with Kuublu in the lead and go tense but even they are not prepared for the great boom of Kuublus voice, which echoes throughout the town.

Those at the rear of the group raise torches suddenly casting light over the scene.

At Ak'kululas reaction to Kuublus call a number of those in the group follow suit, in a somewhat more percussive dance of heavy foot stomps and fluttering hand movements.

A crowd begins to gather inside the doors of the longhouse, mostly composed of townsfolk acting as servants at first and then they are pushed aside by stern warrior faces.

Kgosi Olmar steps forward and clasps Kuublus forearm, " It is true. I have returned."

Smiles appear on the worried 'servants' faces and the mercenaries frown deeply, one of the older ones cuffs a younger man about the head and sends him inside, torches are lit on the upper floor and a panel drawn aside.

Malim looks out at the assembled crowd his eyes alighting first on Kuublu and then on Kgosi Olmar.......and then, with a fierce glare, on Ak'kulula.

" Ah! I see reports of your death were somewhat embellished. Who is this beside you? The Kobblo I have heard about?"

Kgosi Olmar inclined his head slightly, indicating Kuublu should continue his address for now.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:07 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1175
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu has no arms ready, he would've sheathed them for talks.




"Ah, so this is the esteemed Malim! I have heard of you! Indeed I have already sent a messenger to notify my father... Fourth of his Name, Third King Djimon Oublu of your great initiative, in securing the village and the peoples as Kgosi Olmar went to vanquish the Mother of Moons!"

"I compliment you! There is much need of great noble men, those who exert their strength in securing the weak. I see that you have done an exceptional job. It is now time for you to relinquish your command to Kgosi Olmar!"

"I am sure that I can represent you, to find a station suitable for a man of your caliber. I still need to make a report on the conclusion of events that have taken place and I will certainly speak of your great consideration and selfless dedication to the people! In my initial report I said that all is well and that we are taking care of everything, you and I."

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:21 pm 
Offline
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:58 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Liverpool, UK
Profession: Thane
Mthunzi is caught up in the events, moving along with the crowd. However, on the approach to the long hall, he splits off and sneaks around the back to climb in behind Malim, keeping to the shadows along the walls, hoping that the distraction of the companions and villagers will keep Malim and the mercenaries eyes forward. At this point he has no weapons drawn so if he is spotted he will play innocent.

Concerned that Malim will respond with aggression to Kuublu's proposal, Mthunzi wants to be ready to strike from behind.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:38 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1206
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Hellbrandt wrote:
Mthunzi is caught up in the events, moving along with the crowd. However, on the approach to the long hall, he splits off and sneaks around the back to climb in behind Malim, keeping to the shadows along the walls, hoping that the distraction of the companions and villagers will keep Malim and the mercenaries eyes forward. At this point he has no weapons drawn so if he is spotted he will play innocent.

Concerned that Malim will respond with aggression to Kuublu's proposal, Mthunzi wants to be ready to strike from behind.


Whether through lack of proper rest or simple bad luck Mthunzi is spotted almost immediately as he rounds the corner at the rear of the longhall.

Ä man looks down on him from above, holding open one of the wooden window panels with his hand, " Hey! Who are you?"

OOC: A good idea but the dice disagreed.

07:34, Today: Damian May, for Mthunzi, rolled 15 using 2d10. Stealth check.
07:33, Today: Damian May, for Mthunzi, rolled 19 using 2d10. Stealth check.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:44 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1206
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
Kuublu has no arms ready, he would've sheathed them for talks.




"Ah, so this is the esteemed Malim! I have heard of you! Indeed I have already sent a messenger to notify my father... Fourth of his Name, Third King Djimon Oublu of your great initiative, in securing the village and the peoples as Kgosi Olmar went to vanquish the Mother of Moons!"

"I compliment you! There is much need of great noble men, those who exert their strength in securing the weak. I see that you have done an exceptional job. It is now time for you to relinquish your command to Kgosi Olmar!"

"I am sure that I can represent you, to find a station suitable for a man of your caliber. I still need to make a report on the conclusion of events that have taken place and I will certainly speak of your great consideration and selfless dedication to the people! In my initial report I said that all is well and that we are taking care of everything, you and I."


Malim seemed to be having a little trouble following all the information Kuublu was giving him but his lip curled as he continued talking.

He had a hurried discussion with two of the men with him and then replied, " I thank you for your consideration,.....Prince...Kuublu."

" But your father is many weeks travel from here, surely he cannot be bothered with the affairs of a simple trade town. Perhaps you should take Kgosi Olmar with you when you return home so he may receive accolades for his great victory."

" As a mere humble common man I can continue to look after the town for him while he is gone. As you say I have done a most excellent job."


At the last there were a number of boos and hisses from the townsfolk behind Kuublu....

OOC: Pulgil and Aku note that a number of men have moved away from the window now and they can no longer see them.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:58 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
Many words are exchanged between the Prince and the Usurper, and much of the meaning and import fly plain over Ak'kulula's youthful head. Diplomacy, negotiations, politics, stuff...are concepts he is not able to understand nor have any use for. The thoughts and motives of men and beasts however, as expressed in their faces, behavior, and mannerism, is something the lad has a natural intuitive grasp of.

Seeing Malim's disdain and apparent rebuff of the Prince's offer, Ak'kulula prepares for the fight that seems almost inevitable.

Discreetly nudging the Wiseman Ammu and the Chieftain's Daughter Pulgil, the lad gestures towards the longhouse entrance with a slight nod. If the Companions move quickly to block it, the relatively narrow entrance may be used as a choke point, forcing Malim's men to come out at the Party only singly or in twos.

And if any mercenary were to get creative, as expected from the many veterans amongst them, some might try to exit from the few windows located around the longhouse. A couple may even attempt to jump down from the 2nd floor windows. But such an effort might easily be discouraged by disgruntled angry villagers surrounding the building, armed with various household and farming implements, and eager to take a good crack at any miscreant trying to crawl through a window or trying to get to his feet after jumping down...

Ak'kulula tenses in anticipation for quick decisive action. He looks to his Companions, waiting for a cue of some kind...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:54 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1175
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu maintains a smiling face and briefly glances at Kgosi Olmar.

"Ah, but you don't know, King Oublu follows his subjects closely. Only a few days ago I ment Seneschal Mandewe who tasked me with seeing the birth of the new born child of Kgosigadi Ngela. My garrison is only a few days from Iintombi Intlambo. The Mother of Moons required divine blessings from our beloved ancestors to vanquish, but amongst men we are all very secure."

Kuublu steps forward.

"Let us resolve this, your skills are more suited to the command of warriors. There is little need in a trading village. Surely you have greater ambitions, your capability and potential can be better realized with a larger garrison and greater responsibilities? I believe one day we can both celebrate together as you attain your hearts desires."

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:24 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1206
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
Kuublu maintains a smiling face and briefly glances at Kgosi Olmar.

"Ah, but you don't know, King Oublu follows his subjects closely. Only a few days ago I ment Seneschal Mandewe who tasked me with seeing the birth of the new born child of Kgosigadi Ngela. My garrison is only a few days from Iintombi Intlambo. The Mother of Moons required divine blessings from our beloved ancestors to vanquish, but amongst men we are all very secure."

Kuublu steps forward.

"Let us resolve this, your skills are more suited to the command of warriors. There is little need in a trading village. Surely you have greater ambitions, your capability and potential can be better realized with a larger garrison and greater responsibilities? I believe one day we can both celebrate together as you attain your hearts desires."



Malim nodded thoughtfully and one of the older mercenaries spoke with him at length, his hand passing over the crowd of townsfolk , and then holding up six fingers and covering them with his other hand.

Malim looked crestfallen for a moment but nodded then turned back to Kuublu.

" Prince Kuublu. Kgosi Olmar. I am struck by the wisdom of your statement and honoured by your faith in me. In truth, I have little skill for handling the affairs of common folk as you say and it has been the deft hand of Kgosigadi Ngela which has kept the town running smoothly."

" I fear in my eagerness to do well I have brought too martial a tone to such a peaceful place and it is better suited in the more forgiving hands of Kgosigadi Ngela and Kgosi Olmar."

" Please! All of you! Come in and join us, we have wine...though not as much as we did...and food aplenty. I would hear the tale of how Mother of Moons was defeated."


The guards at the entry to the longhouse lowered their weapons and went inside with a shrug......

OOC:

And Kuublu knocks it out of the park, just squeaks the Looks check to get Malim to listen then utterly convinces him on the rightness of his argument. Very Nice....and not how i was expecting it to go given the odds and personality of Malim but the Dice have decided.

09:09, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Kuublu, rolled 14 using 1d100-10. Legal Argument.
09:01, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Kuublu, rolled 12 using 1d20. Looks check. 13 + 1 from Renown raised by Noble Authority, ( townsfolk, Ngela and Olmar standing in for badge of authority).

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:16 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1175
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu raises his hands to the villagers.


OOC: Time to turn up the music and for everyone to get sloshed. Lets untie those we tied up and all have a party. Kuublu will hang out with Malim and share his stories. Later in the night he will embrace Kgosi Olmar and after a few drinks, Malim too.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Firestar76 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group