Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:02 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
A gentle rustle sounds from the thick canopy of branches and leaves above, just as a coy breeze begins to blow from the East. As the Companions continue to debate what to do in low but heated voices, Mthunzi is the first to notice that the rustle is not from the breeze. Seconds later, the familiar form of Ak'kulula drops lightly to the leaf-covered ground before the Companions.

"Prince..." Ak'kulula gives a slight bow to Kubluu, then greets each of the Companions in turn. On Ammu, his gaze lingers and his eyes soften. "The Great Spirit guide you and grant you rest Honored Sir." He looks up at the other Companions. "The Great Spirit, He has sent me to aid you in your quest to restore the rightful Chieftain to the village. So that order and peace may return to the affairs of the people."

Cocking his head, the lad turns back to the Prince and gestures towards the village. "One sorely misguided man down there. And he leading to grief many other misguided men."

"What do you want to do Prince?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:08 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
"Ak'.... Your presence is as welcome as a breeze and light rain on a hot summer day! Although I am impatient to move it seems that time is on our side, especially now that we have overcome the Mother of Moons! I plan to give them a token suggesting that I fell and I think that Malim will celebrate further. Perhaps if Mthunzi could take my shield, bloodstained and ragged, they may celebrate further."

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:00 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

The lad blinks several times and nods slowly as he considers the intention of the Prince. He then presents his proposal. "A boy arrives at the village bearing bloodied tokens of both Kgosi and Kubluu. He is captured by the guards and under questioning blurts out the last message from the Prince before his death:

I am sorry Sister Kgosinela. Your husband and my cousin Chief Kgosi is dead. I have failed. And this failure has cost my life. And the lives of those who follow me. Do not come after us. The Mother of Moons is powerful beyond imagination.

Upon further questioning, the boy terrified out of his wits, adds that he was given this message by the Prince who spoke with his dying breath before expiring from his wounds. With instructions to bring this message to Kgosinela, together with the tokens of her husband and himself, so that they can be buried properly."

Ak'kulula looks up at Kubluu, then around at the other Companions. "I will be that boy. And seeing how harmless and terrified I am, they will not imprison nor be wary of me." He pauses for a moment before continuing. "If they will celebrate, it will be that same night. When they are at their most drunk, I will imitate the call of the Barking Owl. That be our signal to attack."

He turns back to look at Kubluu, waiting to hear what he thinks of the plan.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:27 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"A very good plan. I wonder whether they will reward you and let you go, or ask you to repeat it all night. Also there is the question of where to get the blood. I am reluctant to sacrifice the donkey."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:17 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Ak'kulula grimaces at the thought but goes on to make his proposal. "My blood will suffice my lord. I need to look the part of one who, out of grave dangers, just barely escaped with his life..."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:49 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu takes on a very concerned expression.

"Not something I could permit to happen, much less condone. Perhaps Mthunzi could obtain some blood with all the animals being slaughtered for the soldiers feasting".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:23 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Ak'kulula bows. "My lord. Warriors would know if the lifeblood is from man or beasts. Also, how could I have escaped grave dangers with scarcely a scratch on me? It must be so if I'm to be the bearer of Prince Kubluu's last message."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:27 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu, with much reluctance nods.

"At the same time we need to find a place to conceal ourselves. I do not expect Malim to be vigilante, but we must be on our guard."

OOC: Is Kgosi Olmar armed? I think I have a spear and two javelins.

Since I won't have a shield, maybe I can use my spear and give Malim a Javelin. I hope Malim is nothing but a useless fat merchant.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:42 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Ak'kulula quietly listens to the Companions recount what their scouting had revealed about the situation in the village. When they are finished, he looks up at the Chieftain Kgosi. "Revered Chief. Your people are a strong brave people. They are no strangers to conflicts and war. Will they fight if they know their rightful Chief is alive and back to restore peace to their homes?"

The lad searches the face of the Chieftain. Though emaciated and weakened by his enslavement to the Mother of Moons, Kgosi is every bit the Warrior Chieftain that he was. His eyes flash with pride and eagerness to fight and defeat his enemies and free his people from the tyrant.

"Who amongst your people can you trust and rely on to rally the village and rise up against Malim and his men when we launch our attack? We must make contact with this person."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:49 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Kgosi Olmar looks upon the lad with new respect, " It is a good plan, wily yet not without honour."

He took the offered javelin from Kuublu but patted the ebony knobkerrie at his side.

He smiled, " In your message....refer to us as Olmar and Ngela, Kgosi is my title and he would know I would not use it myself."

" Know that you will always be welcome here and have a seat at my table, Young One."

" As for my people......I know of some who will gather and endeavour to look threatening, but they are merchants and craftsmen now and there has not been a battle fought by my people since before their grandfathers grandfathers. They will be of little use in actual combat....and I would not want to risk them in such."

" The woman my wife is staying with, she can rile anyone up and the older men will listen to her."

The two older men that had been freed with Kgosi Olmar stepped forward, " We will fight with you, if I understand aright then it has been a generation or more since we were taken from our people...they would not know us or take us back fearing us to be ghosts. So we will fight for you."

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next