Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:24 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:23 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1114
Profession: Barbarian
Damian May wrote:

The group continued on through the town Kgosi Olmar, Chiemeka and the two elderly warriors split off to meet with Ngela and the old cook.




OOC: I think in order to make this work I need Kgosi Olmar to stand there with me. I'm about to announce my arrival, and that of Kgosi Olmar. I don't have my badge of office with me so it'll be hard to convince people without my symbol of overriding masculine authority on me. Can I wait for Kgosi Olmar to join me? I thought I briefed everyone on the plan? Or maybe I should just walk outside and announce my arrival?

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:31 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1130
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Suddenly from behind the group a young boy appeared and indicated that they should follow him, after signalling Mthunzi quietly the group headed off to the east and soon met up with Chiemeka, Olmar, Ngela and about 20 townsfolk huddled in the lee of one of the larger homes.

With them they had another two mercenaries, one was wounded but both were bound and gagged, the two older warriors stood guard over them, Chiemeka was bleeding from a rather nasty looking head wound but looked hale.

Kgosi Olmar looked towards the longhouse, " What is your opinion, Esteemed Cousin of My Wife. We have not had warfare here for many years and I am not sure of the best way to go from here."

.............

From his position high in the tree Aku could see the two groups come together.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:27 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
OOC - Thanks GM! For the effort! Smoothly bringing the Party together!

Perched high up in the tree, Ak'kulula wags his head and beams, quietly expressing joy and excitement in the typical fashion of his people. The Prince and the Company of heroes have arrived! And they have met up with the gathered villagers!

With amazing agility, he swings down the branches to land quietly on the ground, then sneaks stealthily between the huts to join up with the gathered group, making straight for Kubluu. Catching the Prince's eyes in his own intense gaze, the boy gives his report.

"Upstairs Bandit Chief and eight Bandits sleeping. Him and half of them drunk but not overly." Here, the lad imitates a half-drunk man clutching a wine pitcher staggering about for awhile until he lays down on the dirt ground and falls asleep snoring softly.

Springing up immediately, he continues. "Downstairs two Bandits sleeping. Normal. Also twelve villagers sleeping here."
"Entrance two young Bandits. Guards. Nervous and distracted."

Ak'kulula cocks his head and looks around at his other Companions. "Draw guards out, Ak'kulula can. Defeat them, Brave Warriors and Wisemen can. Quietly."

"You want?"


OOC - Roll check against Stealth 14
Sneak down tree; make way to Kubluu: 2d10 11


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:33 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1114
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu tells Kgosi Olmar firmly

"I do not want bloodshed, and I do not think Malim wants that either. I am strongly inclined to announce your return and after introductions, I introduce myself and congratulate Malim for his initiative in securing the village. It is a time for celebration and we are all thankful for Malim. We need the villagers to celebrate with us and then I will offer to escort Malim to the Great Chieftain and report his fine work, and suggest that we give him a bordering guard role, I mean, a rich fief."



"Good work Ak'. I think it is time that we announced our arrival!"



OOC: If everyone is ok with the plan, Kuublu gives the villagers a briefing on what has been accomplished, Kgosi Olmar's return, the defeat of the mother of moons, lifting of the curse and how the Great Chieftain was notified. (I need to read those earlier posts, whasisname?)

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 199
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka nods approvingly.

"Let us hope that this can be achieved peacefully, and without the shedding of blood."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:45 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
Ak'kulula bobs his head at Kubluu's praise. He retrieves his weapons and possessions from Chiemeka, thanking the Wiseman for keeping them safe.

Slinging his pack over his neck, and his machete at his side, he nods at the Prince, signalling he is ready.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:03 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1130
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Kgosi Olmar nodded along with Kuublus words but his face was grim, " That is wise I think....though after what Ngela has told me Malim had planned for her I am less forgiving than I was. But we must not think of our own wounded pride but of the people....though a few of them want to bloody his nose a little as well."

" We advance as one.", he said indicating the gathered townsfolk. " You lead the way, Dear Prince."

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:37 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1114
Profession: Barbarian
"Ah, but we cannot punish people for intent, nor execute people for a crime they have not done yet. We need to be just and fair. Mercenary work is harsh, I hope that Malim will do good work maintaining discipline in the borders. We may even value his work in the times to come."

Kuublu heads over to the longhouse and announces the arrival of Kgosi Olmar. Standing some distance he speaks loudly, at least to awaken those slumbering upstairs.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:36 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
Ak'kulula follows behind the Prince. He hangs back, shunning the limelight, preferring to go amongst the villagers, blending in with the crowd. His senses however are in high alert, eyes darting here and there for signs of threats, while his ears are peeled for noises that may cue approaching dangers, and his mind reaches out to pickup any hint of hostility in the air.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:51 pm 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1114
Profession: Barbarian
"AWAKEN! THE TIME FOR CELEBRATION HAS ONLY JUST STARTED! KGOSI OLMAR HAS RETURNED AND A GREAT EVIL HAS BEEN VANQUISHED!!!"



OOC:I think everyone should light up their torches. Can we get any music?

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group