Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:22 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
"As you wish."

Kuublu stands guard. If there is any shiny stuff nearby he is inclined to pick it up.

Kuublu sees a golden pectoral on the sand near his feet and stoops to pick it up, at which point the part of the island closest to the shore lifts langurously up out of the water, as the lake water pours off of its flat wide head the immense form grins down at Kuublu.

It is wide and flat like a cat-fishes head, but now that it is in the light a little you see it is covered in hard black scales like a snakes, a number of barbels hang down either side of a mouth full of rows upon rows of serrated teeth.

And then a quiet voice like an old mans finds itself into Kuublu and Ak'kululas head in their mother tongues, " Please put that down....it has sentimental value."

" It has been a while since I have been visited by my worshippers........may I know your names?"

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:51 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Damian May wrote:
Kuublu sees a golden pectoral on the sand near his feet and stoops to pick it up, at which point the part of the island closest to the shore lifts langurously up out of the water, as the lake water pours off of its flat wide head the immense form grins down at Kuublu.

It is wide and flat like a cat-fishes head, but now that it is in the light a little you see it is covered in hard black scales like a snakes, a number of barbels hang down either side of a mouth full of rows upon rows of serrated teeth.

And then a quiet voice like an old mans finds itself into Kuublu and Ak'kululas head in their mother tongues, " Please put that down....it has sentimental value."

" It has been a while since I have been visited by my worshippers........may I know your names?"

Halfway through studying the "island", Ak'kulula is startled but only slightly as it suddenly shifts and comes alive. As its voice echoes in his mind, he notes the ancient, primordial aura surrounding the massive creature. He recalls to mind the few ancient beings in the Great Forests that Aunt Nansi had spoken about. But there is no memory of one that dwells among such waters. He replies boldly to the creature's question, also utilizing the same manner of communication - mentally.

"Ak'kulula is my name, lord. It appears we have stumbled by accident into your home."

The lad squints his eyes looking at the massive head, trying to determine what creature this is.

"May...may I know lord...what manner of creature are you?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:51 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
When addressed Kuublu places the object down. He thinks against raising a weapon, not going to do much to help and he doesn't want to provoke this thing.

When he gets around to it, Kuublu gives a formal introduction which includes specifying his ancestry, key figures who have made significant contributions to the kingdom which should take maybe 3 minutes to put through briefly.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:51 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

howareyou wrote:
Damian May wrote:

Halfway through studying the "island", Ak'kulula is startled but only slightly as it suddenly shifts and comes alive. As its voice echoes in his mind, he notes the ancient, primordial aura surrounding the massive creature. He recalls to mind the few ancient beings in the Great Forests that Aunt Nansi had spoken about. But there is no memory of one that dwells among such waters. He replies boldly to the creature's question, also utilizing the same manner of communication - mentally.

"Ak'kulula is my name, lord. It appears we have stumbled by accident into your home."

The lad squints his eyes looking at the massive head, trying to determine what creature this is.

"May...may I know lord...what manner of creature are you?"

The behemoth seemed to conjure on its 'face' a rather hurt look, " Am I so easily forgotten?"

It seemed to give the obelisk a bemused expression, " I was told I would be worshipped for all the days of the sun for the service I gave. I was told my priests would tell tales of me for all the years of the moon."

" What manner of creature are you? Smell like a forest-man, look like a plains-man.....most peculiar."

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:53 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:
When addressed Kuublu places the object down. He thinks against raising a weapon, not going to do much to help and he doesn't want to provoke this thing.

When he gets around to it, Kuublu gives a formal introduction which includes specifying his ancestry, key figures who have made significant contributions to the kingdom which should take maybe 3 minutes to put through briefly.

The massive creature waited patiently, " Most comprehensive. I do not know your kingdom or people but I should like to I think."

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

drb1004 wrote:
Having heard nothing since Kuublu and Ak started their climb, Chiemeka calls down to them:

"Are you all right, your Highness?"

Chiemeka receives no direct answer, but leaning over he does hear the sound of moving water and the two men appear to be conversing....he recognises Kuublus introduction speech and concurs that they are speaking with someone other than themselves....but he can only hear their words.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:13 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Damian May wrote:
The behemoth seemed to conjure on its 'face' a rather hurt look, " Am I so easily forgotten?"

It seemed to give the obelisk a bemused expression, " I was told I would be worshipped for all the days of the sun for the service I gave. I was told my priests would tell tales of me for all the years of the moon."

" What manner of creature are you? Smell like a forest-man, look like a plains-man.....most peculiar."

Ak'kulula cocks his head. "My home is indeed in the jungle, lord." He turns his gaze onto the obelisk curiously. "Is that a friend you are addressing? I seem to spy a woman holding onto a staff..."

He looks up at the massive head again, and waits until after the Prince had completed his rundown of his family tree. "Forgive my ignorance, lord. But what manner of a creature are you? Would you condescend to enlighten us? And all this gold...are they yours?" His brown eyes widen in awe at what seems a vast amount of golden items.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:14 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

howareyou wrote:
Damian May wrote:

Ak'kulula cocks his head. "My home is indeed in the jungle, lord." He turns his gaze onto the obelisk curiously. "Is that a friend you are addressing? I seem to spy a woman holding onto a staff..."

He looks up at the massive head again, and waits until after the Prince had completed his rundown of his family tree. "Forgive my ignorance, lord. But what manner of a creature are you? Would you condescend to enlighten us? And all this gold...are they yours?" His brown eyes widen in awe at what seems a vast amount of golden items.

" You are most perceptive indeed.....my....friend...is sleeping...."

" The gold was given to the waters to ask for my favour.....I remember each prayer with fondness."

" You do not know me and that grieves my hearts furiously.....but I will tell you a tale and you tell me."

" In the ancient days of long before, there were two great lands. They drifted as lands do upon the fire seas and eventually one of these lands touched the other....the earth shook and mountains fell and rose......but few took great note as it was far away and took so very, very long. From the southern land came the Eagle proud and fierce and the Eagle saw the bounty of the other land and decided it should be his as well, the people who dwelled there were greatly feared and called upon the Rivers to aid them. The Rivers fought the Eagle and...................................................at great cost...........they were the victors and the Eagle went back to his lands for a thousand years or more. The people honoured the Rivers and blessed them and the gods allowed them worship and all was good."

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:33 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
"Seas of fire? These lands you speak off... Must be so very far away..."

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:48 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:
"Seas of fire? These lands you speak off... Must be so very far away..."

There is a soft chuckle from the behemoth, " Not so far as you may think."

co-author Cold Fury

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 54  Next