Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:17 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:01 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
The journey from Iintombi Intlambo to Attala, Kuublus garrison town, the first stop on the road to the the palace of Kuublus father, is not a long one by most reckonings but it is still the journey of a few days.

The storms have cleared away, the sun is out, and the heat of late summer builds as the day goes on. By mid-afternoon you have reached the outlying fields of Attala, where the last stands of crops wait to be dry enough to be harvested, and piles of cut sorghum dot the stubbled ground.

Suddenly Malim, who has entered the bushes beside the road to answer a call of nature, gives a cry: “I am attacked!” You rush over to find him bent double, clutching his buttocks....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:32 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 978
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu, seeing no apparent enemy runs over to check on Malim, unarmed.

"Did you sit on something!?!?!"

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:13 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
Kuublu, seeing no apparent enemy runs over to check on Malim, unarmed.

"Did you sit on something!?!?!"


Malim points at his buttocks and Kuublu notes two sizeable puncture marks there.......

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:37 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 978
Profession: Barbarian
Holding Malim steady, Kuublu shouts to the others to look for snakes.


"Where is the nearest medicine man? What can we do?"

Kuublu looks to the others to see if they have any suggestions. Maybe we should head to Attala. Kuublu is not strong but he can try to carry or at least support Malim.

He shouts at Ak' to go to Attala and get help.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:33 am 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 159
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka has seen much worse in his travels than Malim's buttocks... He will do what he can with the healing materials he carries, plus anything he can gather from nearby, and with his limited healing magic if necessary. If that isn't sufficient, he will offer his feeble strength to Kuublu to assist with aiding/carrying Malim to the nearest town.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:21 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
Kharille wrote:
Holding Malim steady, Kuublu shouts to the others to look for snakes.


"Where is the nearest medicine man? What can we do?"

Kuublu looks to the others to see if they have any suggestions. Maybe we should head to Attala. Kuublu is not strong but he can try to carry or at least support Malim.

He shouts at Ak' to go to Attala and get help.
Ak'kulula quickly but calmly comes close and takes a close look at the injured man. Though he knows not the way of medicine, herbs and cures, the boy recognizes when the body and the spirit of a person are not in harmony. Something that poisons, injuries and sickness can sometimes cause...

OOC - In short, Ak'kulula takes a look 1st. To see if Malim is seriously injured/poisoned. How bad is the pain. Is his movement, coordination, mind, affected, and to what extent.

And if his injuries are truly serious, then...

"My Prince, Attala is yet several days' journey away. Do you know of any nearby villages? I'll go on ahead to get the medicine man to prepare to see him. While you Honored Sirs help him to the village..."


Last edited by howareyou on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:26 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 978
Profession: Barbarian
Damian May wrote:

The storms have cleared away, the sun is out, and the heat of late summer builds as the day goes on. By mid-afternoon you have reached the outlying fields of Attala, where the last stands of crops wait to be dry enough to be harvested, and piles of cut sorghum dot the stubbled ground.


OOC: I think I still have my Donkey. We'll put Malim on it and we'll start 'galloping' towards Attala.... There was one at the bottom of the cliff, and i think I left mine with Ngela...

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:31 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 978
Profession: Barbarian
OOC: Kuublu is a wealthy man. He has one Mule, and one Donkey...

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=257&start=70

Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:13 am
Online
9th Rank
9th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:17 pm
Posts: 656
Profession: Barbarian
Ok, assume we've all quickly pigged out. Kuublu readies himself, leaving behind the mule and carpet and whatever I updated on my sheet in the other thread, lets head out.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=257&start=80

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:46 am
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:21 am
Posts: 765
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
Kuublu realizes that he should've brought more food with him.

"Kgosi Olmar must be hungry, I should have brought some food with me!"

Kuublu thanks the old man for sharing that information with him and presses on.



The path continues to wind upward through the gloomy, dripping forest. The pouring rain makes it hard to see far. Eventually, the path leads to a clearing where a huge fig tree has fallen. On the far
side is a loose scree cliff face, ten metres high, running north and south. Near the bottom, tied to a tree root, is a rather bedraggled looking donkey.

Looks like we can both ride into Attala….


Ok, change of plan, Ak' heads into Attala with the Donkey whilst we make the best speeds with Malim on the mule.....

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:26 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
drb1004 wrote:
Chiemeka has seen much worse in his travels than Malim's buttocks... He will do what he can with the healing materials he carries, plus anything he can gather from nearby, and with his limited healing magic if necessary. If that isn't sufficient, he will offer his feeble strength to Kuublu to assist with aiding/carrying Malim to the nearest town.


Chiemeka notes that his healing is able to stop the bleeding but the location of the wound makes it almost impossible to apply a pressure bandage or the like.....then he notes Malims muscles start to lock and he realises they don't have much time before the muscles in his chest lock and then his heart.....they won't make it to the garrison.....but there was a small village they had seen from the top of the rise, a little way off the road but doable....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:27 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
OOC: Kuublu is a wealthy man. He has one Mule, and one Donkey...

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=257&start=70

Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:13 am
Online
9th Rank
9th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:17 pm
Posts: 656
Profession: Barbarian
Ok, assume we've all quickly pigged out. Kuublu readies himself, leaving behind the mule and carpet and whatever I updated on my sheet in the other thread, lets head out.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=257&start=80

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:46 am
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:21 am
Posts: 765
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
Kuublu realizes that he should've brought more food with him.

"Kgosi Olmar must be hungry, I should have brought some food with me!"

Kuublu thanks the old man for sharing that information with him and presses on.



The path continues to wind upward through the gloomy, dripping forest. The pouring rain makes it hard to see far. Eventually, the path leads to a clearing where a huge fig tree has fallen. On the far
side is a loose scree cliff face, ten metres high, running north and south. Near the bottom, tied to a tree root, is a rather bedraggled looking donkey.

Looks like we can both ride into Attala….


Ok, change of plan, Ak' heads into Attala with the Donkey whilst we make the best speeds with Malim on the mule.....



OOC: He has two donkeys.....not sure where the mule came from cos theres no horses around to make one. :D Also medical advice will advise that Malim will be dead long before a donkey gallops to the garrison...

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group