Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:45 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Damian May wrote:
" You are most perceptive indeed.....my....friend...is sleeping...."

" The gold was given to the waters to ask for my favour.....I remember each prayer with fondness."

" You do not know me and that grieves my hearts furiously.....but I will tell you a tale and you tell me."

" In the ancient days of long before, there were two great lands. They drifted as lands do upon the fire seas and eventually one of these lands touched the other....the earth shook and mountains fell and rose......but few took great note as it was far away and took so very, very long. From the southern land came the Eagle proud and fierce and the Eagle saw the bounty of the other land and decided it should be his as well, the people who dwelled there were greatly feared and called upon the Rivers to aid them. The Rivers fought the Eagle and...................................................at great cost...........they were the victors and the Eagle went back to his lands for a thousand years or more. The people honoured the Rivers and blessed them and the gods allowed them worship and all was good."

His eyes wide with wonder, Ak'kulula listens to the tale recounted by the creature. "So...you Lord, were the One the people honored. The One they worshiped and gave thanks to. After you helped them defeat the Eagle and its people..."

He turns to look at the black obelisk again. "Her name is Mtho. Priestess of Nyami. And the wife of Queen Ndar. Whose final resting place is here in this tomb." He looks up at the creature again. "Are my guesses correct my Lord?"

"So what will happen to us now my Lord? Now that we have met you and heard the story of your deeds..."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:32 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
"The lives of men are but as blades of grass. Your wisdom will persist beyond many generations of men. Perhaps their descendants can be found, and the prayers restored? I would be happy to carry a message back to the lands of men."

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:59 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
howareyou wrote:
Damian May wrote:
" You are most perceptive indeed.....my....friend...is sleeping...."

" The gold was given to the waters to ask for my favour.....I remember each prayer with fondness."

" You do not know me and that grieves my hearts furiously.....but I will tell you a tale and you tell me."

" In the ancient days of long before, there were two great lands. They drifted as lands do upon the fire seas and eventually one of these lands touched the other....the earth shook and mountains fell and rose......but few took great note as it was far away and took so very, very long. From the southern land came the Eagle proud and fierce and the Eagle saw the bounty of the other land and decided it should be his as well, the people who dwelled there were greatly feared and called upon the Rivers to aid them. The Rivers fought the Eagle and...................................................at great cost...........they were the victors and the Eagle went back to his lands for a thousand years or more. The people honoured the Rivers and blessed them and the gods allowed them worship and all was good."

His eyes wide with wonder, Ak'kulula listens to the tale recounted by the creature. "So...you Lord, were the One the people honored. The One they worshiped and gave thanks to. After you helped them defeat the Eagle and its people..."

He turns to look at the black obelisk again. "Her name is Mtho. Priestess of Nyami. And the wife of Queen Ndar. Whose final resting place is here in this tomb." He looks up at the creature again. "Are my guesses correct my Lord?"

"So what will happen to us now my Lord? Now that we have met you and heard the story of your deeds..."

" Yes, she is Mtho. My priestess....she rests as do I. When I was Nyami-Nyami, before my wife was lost she attended us and sent the black calves beneath the waters for us."

" The place above is that of Queen Ndar, she rests as well and waits for the chosen time."

" If you will, when you are above again, send a black calf into the lake for me. And speak with my priests who do remain to tell them that I still hear their prayers."

" But I see your eyes upon the ancient offerings......I will offer gold for answers.....if you would like to riddle...."

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:35 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Damian May wrote:
howareyou wrote:
Damian May wrote:

" If you will, when you are above again, send a black calf into the lake for me. And speak with my priests who do remain to tell them that I still hear their prayers."

" But I see your eyes upon the ancient offerings......I will offer gold for answers.....if you would like to riddle...."

"This I can do. Please tell me what your name is so that I can seek out those priests."

"I would be happy to participate. Perhaps I have the advantage since I have not slumbered for many generations."

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:14 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Damian May wrote:
" Yes, she is Mtho. My priestess....she rests as do I. When I was Nyami-Nyami, before my wife was lost she attended us and sent the black calves beneath the waters for us."

" The place above is that of Queen Ndar, she rests as well and waits for the chosen time."

Ak'kulula nods, still totally awed at the what he is seeing and going through right now. He gives the massive creature a thoughtfully look before answering. "Lord. Gold I have no much use for. But if this is the final resting place for Queen Ndar, her consorts and priestesses, we seek knowledge about her and her illustrious deeds, so that we might honor the memory of her."

"There is a segment of the tomb - a long hallway, with a podium at the end. There is a carven relief on the podium of a woman seated on a buffalo holding a flywhisk. And there is a silver bowl between the horns of the buffalo. And finally there is a door beside the podium. Try as we might, we are unable to get past the hallway, for a strong wind would push us out when we enter the passage."

"Lord, would you know how we can get to the door?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:20 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka tries as best he can to follow what's going on from what sound here can hear from below. If he can't hear enough to make much sense, other than to be satisfied that Kuublu and Ak are not in danger, then he suggests that he, Etwa and Pulgil take turns at keeping watch over the entrance while the other two sit and rest.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:13 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Ak'kulula slaps his forehead. He turns to Kubluu with a sheepish look. "Highness...I think we forgot about Master Chiemeka and Mistress Pulgil. I will go get them to come down and join us."

Turning back to the cliff where he and the Prince had clambered down, he looks up and yells. "Master Chiemeka! Mistress Pulgil! His Highness is safe! He bids you come down and join us here!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:51 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

drb1004 wrote:
Chiemeka tries as best he can to follow what's going on from what sound here can hear from below. If he can't hear enough to make much sense, other than to be satisfied that Kuublu and Ak are not in danger, then he suggests that he, Etwa and Pulgil take turns at keeping watch over the entrance while the other two sit and rest.

howareyou wrote:
Ak'kulula slaps his forehead. He turns to Kubluu with a sheepish look. "Highness...I think we forgot about Master Chiemeka and Mistress Pulgil. I will go get them to come down and join us."

Turning back to the cliff where he and the Prince had clambered down, he looks up and yells. "Master Chiemeka! Mistress Pulgil! His Highness is safe! He bids you come down and join us here!"

Chiemeka can hear everything that Ak'kulula and Kuublu say, especially the yelling....

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:55 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

howareyou wrote:
Damian May wrote:

Ak'kulula nods, still totally awed at the what he is seeing and going through right now. He gives the massive creature a thoughtfully look before answering. "Lord. Gold I have no much use for. But if this is the final resting place for Queen Ndar, her consorts and priestesses, we seek knowledge about her and her illustrious deeds, so that we might honor the memory of her."

"There is a segment of the tomb - a long hallway, with a podium at the end. There is a carven relief on the podium of a woman seated on a buffalo holding a flywhisk. And there is a silver bowl between the horns of the buffalo. And finally there is a door beside the podium. Try as we might, we are unable to get past the hallway, for a strong wind would push us out when we enter the passage."

"Lord, would you know how we can get to the door?"

" You ask my name but I have told it already. In other places my wife was known as Ninki Nanka and Inkanyamba....and perhaps others of our kind are there under those titles...but I will always be Nyami."

" The tomb is a test, little one. A test to find warriors worthy of Ndar."

A rumble was felt through out the cavern causing the water to dance at the surface and Ak'kulula realised it was laughing, " But yes.....perhaps I will give you that. If you can answer."

" It is greater than the Gods and more evil than the demons. The poor have it, the rich need it and if you eat it you’ll die.What is it?"

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:40 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Ak'kulula looks down for a moment as he ponders the riddle of the beast. He mutters something under his breath, something unintelligible. Eyes flashing, he raises his head to look at the beast triumphantly.

"Nothing my Lord. The answer is nothing."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 54  Next