Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:59 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
howareyou wrote:
Ak'kulula looks down for a moment as he ponders the riddle of the beast. He mutters something under his breath, something unintelligible. Eyes flashing, he raises his head to look at the beast triumphantly.

"Nothing my Lord. The answer is nothing."

" Clever.....cleverest of the Forest People."

" The answer you already have in your possesion, you can catch Owa's breath...if you have the right bag."

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:44 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu is glad he has company. He didn't have a clue and would've came up with the wrong answer. He wonders whether he should create a riddle to challenge this ancient being.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:38 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
On hearing the being's words, Chiemeka checks his backpack for the two bags - he has one empty and one full of green gems. He remembers Ak saying the the empty bag was magical - could that be the one in which to catch Owa's breath?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:14 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Damian May wrote:
howareyou wrote:
Ak'kulula looks down for a moment as he ponders the riddle of the beast. He mutters something under his breath, something unintelligible. Eyes flashing, he raises his head to look at the beast triumphantly.

"Nothing my Lord. The answer is nothing."

" Clever.....cleverest of the Forest People."

" The answer you already have in your possesion, you can catch Owa's breath...if you have the right bag."

Ak'kulula's breath catches in his throat as his round eyes light up. "The one with the red-twine!" The lad looks up and bows to the great beast. "Thank you my Lord! You are most gracious!"

Turning around excitedly, he looks at the Prince. "Your Highness! That's how we can get past that corridor! The bag with the red-twine!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:58 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"Wonderful! We are being tested, and it is good to overcome these challenges. To what end? Perhaps later they will test the purity of our hearts and our worthiness."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:12 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Damian May wrote:
howareyou wrote:
Damian May wrote:

" It is greater than the Gods and more evil than the demons. The poor have it, the rich need it and if you eat it you’ll die.What is it?"

Kuublu decides it is time to make his own offer of a riddle. Not knowing about such things he decides that the prize will be an annual festival to go along with the calf which will be delivered on an annual basis. We can manage 1 but if you want an annual calf....

"Many people are needed to have it. Land is needed to feed the people to defend it. One gifted will rule over it. What ties men together as brothers and lead them to defend it?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:18 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

drb1004 wrote:
On hearing the being's words, Chiemeka checks his backpack for the two bags - he has one empty and one full of green gems. He remembers Ak saying the the empty bag was magical - could that be the one in which to catch Owa's breath?

Etwa comes forward, " What is it? What is happening?"

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:45 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Kharille wrote:

" It is greater than the Gods and more evil than the demons. The poor have it, the rich need it and if you eat it you’ll die.What is it?"
[/quote][/quote]

Kuublu decides it is time to make his own offer of a riddle. Not knowing about such things he decides that the prize will be an annual festival to go along with the calf which will be delivered on an annual basis. We can manage 1 but if you want an annual calf....

"Many people are needed to have it. Land is needed to feed the people to defend it. One gifted will rule over it. What ties men together as brothers and lead them to defend it?"[/quote]

The behemoth fixed Kuublu with a look of bemusement, then slowly declined its head.

" Hmmmmm, not faith.....kingdom.....community.....no...you have bested me, Prince Kuublu. Now I will have to eat you."

There was a space of a few tense moments...

" I jest, Your Highness. I sense above three others. One of them.......one of them is one of my priests! I am remembered! Why did you not tell me?"

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:04 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu again thinks about raising his Javelin. A bead of sweat flows down his forehead as he makes a hasty effort to grin.

"Ah, yes, I could not tell. Etwa! Please come and join us!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:43 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
Damian May wrote:
drb1004 wrote:

Etwa comes forward, " What is it? What is happening?"

Kharille wrote:
inks about raising his Javelin. A bead of sweat flows down his forehead as he makes a hasty effort to grin.

"Ah, yes, I could not tell. Etwa! Please come and join us!"

Chiemeka turns to the priest.

"Prince Kuublu and Ak are in conversation with a powerful creature. It has given us information on how to proceed through the tomb, and now it seems it wishes to speak to you. Can you manage the climb down, or perhaps Pulgil and I could lower you?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 54  Next