Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:54 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 54  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:42 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
The Ak'kulula looks at Kubluu. His young face is doubtful, and his eyes reflect the uncertainty he feels concerning the Prince's pronouncement. He glances at Chiemeka and the Chieftain's Daughter, then at the Priest of Nyami. He licks his lips nervously before replying.

"Your Highness..." He bows slightly in deference, then lifts up his machete and hefts it. "...perhaps I could make a noise. Draw the being to investigate. And we could stand in the corridor and watch...see if it is dangerous." He gestures towards the double doors currently closed. "If it is, we can make preparations to fight, or we could get back in here and bar these doors..."

He looks at the Prince and cocks his head slightly, waiting expectantly for an answer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:45 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1274
Profession: Barbarian
"If you must. But please, if you are seen to try to use all form of etiquette and courtesy...."

Kuublu pauses. It is unlikely that Ak' would have had any training, hard enough to find even in the towns and villages.

"I fear that we may have a difficult situation if we do not behave ourselves, but you can try."

Kuublu will definitely try to conceal himself in case a social situation arises, he wants to be at his best when he is visible.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:40 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
Kharille wrote:
"If you must. But please, if you are seen to try to use all form of etiquette and courtesy...."

Kuublu pauses. It is unlikely that Ak' would have had any training, hard enough to find even in the towns and villages.

"I fear that we may have a difficult situation if we do not behave ourselves, but you can try."

Kuublu will definitely try to conceal himself in case a social situation arises, he wants to be at his best when he is visible.

Etiquette...as practiced among human societies in civilization, is a very strange concept for Ak'kulula. For the human boy who was raised among his Great Apes kin in the jungles, a Mystic who came into his power through the discovery and engaging of his true inner self, Ak'kulula understood only honor, like that when one sentient being acknowledges and honors another. The learning and practice of complex traditions and practices designed to codify and demonstrate shared values, is an almost alien concept to Ak'kulula.

Nonetheless, the lad sees into the heart of the Prince and understands his intentions - peace and harmony, and the avoidance of unnecessary agitation leading to conflict. Ak'kulula nods at Kubluu.

"Your Highness, please stand with me in the corridor, right outside the double doors which will remain open. I will try to draw the being's attention and attract it to come round the corner to investigate." The lad turns to the rest of the companions. "Honored Sirs, Chieftain's Daughter, please conceal yourselves behind these doors. If the being is hostile, we will run back through the doors and take our stand with you. We will meet the being here at the doors, where we may all engage it."

Ak'kulula bows. "Is this suggestion acceptable?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:42 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1274
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu is ready.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 pm 
Online
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1327
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
howareyou wrote:
Kharille wrote:
"If you must. But please, if you are seen to try to use all form of etiquette and courtesy...."

Kuublu pauses. It is unlikely that Ak' would have had any training, hard enough to find even in the towns and villages.

"I fear that we may have a difficult situation if we do not behave ourselves, but you can try."

Kuublu will definitely try to conceal himself in case a social situation arises, he wants to be at his best when he is visible.

Etiquette...as practiced among human societies in civilization, is a very strange concept for Ak'kulula. For the human boy who was raised among his Great Apes kin in the jungles, a Mystic who came into his power through the discovery and engaging of his true inner self, Ak'kulula understood only honor, like that when one sentient being acknowledges and honors another. The learning and practice of complex traditions and practices designed to codify and demonstrate shared values, is an almost alien concept to Ak'kulula.

Nonetheless, the lad sees into the heart of the Prince and understands his intentions - peace and harmony, and the avoidance of unnecessary agitation leading to conflict. Ak'kulula nods at Kubluu.

"Your Highness, please stand with me in the corridor, right outside the double doors which will remain open. I will try to draw the being's attention and attract it to come round the corner to investigate." The lad turns to the rest of the companions. "Honored Sirs, Chieftain's Daughter, please conceal yourselves behind these doors. If the being is hostile, we will run back through the doors and take our stand with you. We will meet the being here at the doors, where we may all engage it."

Ak'kulula bows. "Is this suggestion acceptable?"


Ak'kulula and Kuublu stood in the corridor outside the doors, while the others concealed themselves inside the sacred chamber.....

There was no sign the figure had heard them and its shadow remained motionless....utterly motionless....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:13 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1274
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu wants to try his option, to go talk with the creature, or alternatively, throw a knife and see whether it picks it up or leaves it alone. At most, if its hostile it'll only have a knife.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:31 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
Damian May wrote:
Ak'kulula and Kuublu stood in the corridor outside the doors, while the others concealed themselves inside the sacred chamber.....

There was no sign the figure had heard them and its shadow remained motionless....utterly motionless....

Ak'kulula knocks his machete against the stone wall, producing a series of loud jarring clanging noises that are irritating to the ears. He then drags its point against the ancient stone, creating a noise that sets the teeth on edge.

Throughout this whole time, with his keen eyes he watches the shadow on the floor for the faintest hint of movement. His Mystic senses are stretched out and at full alert. His mental fingers are held up and forward, lightly caressing the threads of consciousness in the air, testing the psychic ether for any inflection, any vibration, that might indicate detection or awareness of the party's presence.
________________________________________________________________
OOC - Ok that last paragraph is just some flowery description of Ak'kulula being alert, and with his ESP. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:38 pm 
Online
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1327
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
howareyou wrote:
Damian May wrote:
Ak'kulula and Kuublu stood in the corridor outside the doors, while the others concealed themselves inside the sacred chamber.....

There was no sign the figure had heard them and its shadow remained motionless....utterly motionless....

Ak'kulula knocks his machete against the stone wall, producing a series of loud jarring clanging noises that are irritating to the ears. He then drags its point against the ancient stone, creating a noise that sets the teeth on edge.

Throughout this whole time, with his keen eyes he watches the shadow on the floor for the faintest hint of movement. His Mystic senses are stretched out and at full alert. His mental fingers are held up and forward, lightly caressing the threads of consciousness in the air, testing the psychic ether for any inflection, any vibration, that might indicate detection or awareness of the party's presence.
________________________________________________________________
OOC - Ok that last paragraph is just some flowery description of Ak'kulula being alert, and with his ESP. :D


Kuublu waits to see if the lads loud activities have any effect, but readies the knife...

There is not the slightest movement from the figure in response to his noisy actions, his mind reaches out to find others...and does..but it is as if the mind is asleep...or at least...dormant...the brush against it leaves the taste of dust and old blood in his mouth....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:57 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
The wait for the figure to respond continues from seconds into a minute. But it does nothing, does not show any acknowledgment of the company's presence. Ak'kulula looks up at Kubluu...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:22 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1274
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu throws his knife on the ground where she might fetch it. He gestures Ak' to observe whilst he works on his appearance, rubbing his teeth, grooming, grinning as if he had a mirror. He prepares a few choice lines, compliments to her height, and comments on her appearance regardless of what her actual looks score turns out to be.

If she heads for the knife Kuublu will address her in the formal fashion, and he readies his 3 minute introductory speech...

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 54  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Damian May and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group