Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 54  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:10 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
Damian May wrote:
Later...when he thought back on this moment he would conclude that saying Nyamis name was almost certainly a mistake...

The woman snarled at him as her flesh grew cold and dissolved into the mist and fog again.

She lashed out at him the vapours passing through his form and he felt his breath being pulled out of his lungs as he staggered back.

Ak'kulula staggers backward at the unexpected attack as the pain from the apparition's cold fury overtakes his being. His cry of pain freezes over into a mere croak as he feels his lungs shrivel at the icy touch. Bringing up his Staff once again, he points it at the ethereal being. His mind fixes upon pure molten lava that flows quickly like water, because everything within it had melted from the unbelievable heat...

OOC: Wand attack: 2d10 13


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:39 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1327
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Quote:
Ak'kulula staggers backward at the unexpected attack as the pain from the apparition's cold fury overtakes his being. His cry of pain freezes over into a mere croak as he feels his lungs shrivel at the icy touch. Bringing up his Staff once again, he points it at the ethereal being. His mind fixes upon pure molten lava that flows quickly like water, because everything within it had melted from the unbelievable heat...

OOC: Wand attack: 2d10 13


The mercurial mists hug the floor as the wave of superheated air washes over the corridor and it is largely unaffected....Ak'kulula feels the staff quiet in his palms...a subtle hum that was ever-present at the edge of his senses up til now....and it is gone...

Chiemeka runs forward and strikes at the rising mist with his weapon, looking back in concern at the other companions whose eyes were rolling wildly in their frozen bodies.

The mist began to coalesce again....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:27 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
As he strikes with his ebony staff, Chiemeka intones the words to Aset's Charm (Warding spell).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:14 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1327
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
The mist coalesced into a semi solid almost female form and then lashed out with both arms at the two men....her arms became mist again as they whipped out towards them....but mist with an edge to hit....

Chiemeka ducked to the side as the mist whipped towards his face he was almost struck but at the last moment the faint shimmer of his charm deflected the mist away from his skin.

Ak'kulula flipped back out of range of the strike avoiding it this time.

The woman became solid once more with a look of incandescent hate fixed on her features.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:04 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
The Mystic feels the vibration of the staff die down in his hands. As he watches in amazement, the red hot and burning end appears to fade to the same color as the middle section of the staff. So does the bluish cold and freezing end. Adjusting his grip and grasping the artifact now as a regular staff, Ak'kulula moves forward and hits out at the ghostly form with a quick short thrust to its forehead. He times his attack to coincide with Chiemeka's strike to achieve the greatest advantage over the being's defenses...

Staff attack on apparition: 1d20 7 1d6 1 vs Attack 12.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1327
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
howareyou wrote:
The Mystic feels the vibration of the staff die down in his hands. As he watches in amazement, the red hot and burning end appears to fade to the same color as the middle section of the staff. So does the bluish cold and freezing end. Adjusting his grip and grasping the artifact now as a regular staff, Ak'kulula moves forward and hits out at the ghostly form with a quick short thrust to its forehead. He times his attack to coincide with Chiemeka's strike to achieve the greatest advantage over the being's defenses...

Staff attack on apparition: 1d20 7 1d6 1 vs Attack 12.


Chiemeka strikes again with Ak'kulula and both hit with their staves, the womans flesh drifts away to mist where she is struck and she breaks back down into a cloud of mist retreating about 3m away from the two men.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:09 pm 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:05 am
Posts: 365
Profession: Sorcerer
Ak'kulula glances at Chiemeka at his side. "Let's drive her back some more. We need to look to our comrades quickly." Together with Chiemeka, Ak'kulula attempts 1 more round of attacks, trying to drive the apparition back further from their comrades. Taking a firm grip on the staff, he steps forward, twirls it in the air, bringing the weapon back, then swinging it in a brutal strike on the rapidly escaping mist.

Staff attack on apparition: 1d20 3 1d6 5 vs Attack 12


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Chimeka nods grimly at Ak and lunges forward with his staff.

Attack roll: 20

:roll:
Chiemeka nods grimly at the mist and then accidentally lunges at Ak with his staff


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:54 pm 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1274
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu looks in alarm and perspires heavily....

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:32 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1327
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
howareyou wrote:
Ak'kulula glances at Chiemeka at his side. "Let's drive her back some more. We need to look to our comrades quickly." Together with Chiemeka, Ak'kulula attempts 1 more round of attacks, trying to drive the apparition back further from their comrades. Taking a firm grip on the staff, he steps forward, twirls it in the air, bringing the weapon back, then swinging it in a brutal strike on the rapidly escaping mist.

Staff attack on apparition: 1d20 3 1d6 5 vs Attack 12


drb1004 wrote:
Chimeka nods grimly at Ak and lunges forward with his staff.

Attack roll: 20

:roll:
Chiemeka nods grimly at the mist and then accidentally lunges at Ak with his staff
howareyou wrote:
Ak'kulula glances at Chiemeka at his side. "Let's drive her back some more. We need to look to our comrades quickly." Together with Chiemeka, Ak'kulula attempts 1 more round of attacks, trying to drive the apparition back further from their comrades. Taking a firm grip on the staff, he steps forward, twirls it in the air, bringing the weapon back, then swinging it in a brutal strike on the rapidly escaping mist.

Staff attack on apparition: 1d20 3 1d6 5 vs Attack 12


drb1004 wrote:
Chimeka nods grimly at Ak and lunges forward with his staff.

Attack roll: 20

:roll:
Chiemeka nods grimly at the mist and then accidentally lunges at Ak with his staff



Kharille wrote:
Kuublu looks in alarm and perspires heavily....


Chiemeka lunges out with a cross strike towards the mist, but his fervour overbalances him and at the full extension of his strike it raps against the side of Ak'kululas head ( -1 hp).

As his head is ringing the mist rages forward, Ak'kulula suddenly lifts his staff and it drives through the mist, the whirling form stops in the air and begins to coalesce again into the form of the young woman...but this time she reforms around the staff.

The wooden shaft projects through her chest and she slowly slides down it onto her knees until she is kneeling before Ak'kulula. Her eyes are very human once more and light mist drifts away from the wound. She reaches her left hand up to cradle Ak'kululas cheek and brings her lips up to his. The young lad is paralyzed by a number of conflicting feelings and....sensations....

Her cool lips press against his and grow warm for the barest of moments, " Thankyou."....and her form drifts away to nothing and the staff clatters to the floor.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 54  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Firestar76 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group