Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: To the Seat of Oublu.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:25 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1371
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
The dusty trade road stretched on, to the south were distant mountains cloaked in deep green but the trees ended many miles to the south and they were surrounded by tall grasslands on all sides. Occasionally a group would pass them going the other way, mostly merchants but occasionally family groups or small troops of mercenaries guarding richer folks or expensive trade goods.

The trio considered recent events as they travelled, there was still over a week of travel before they reached the town and fort of Kiongozi, and from there another 4 days to Kuublus home of Igodomi.

The first few days passed without incident other than passing travellers; a fast moving fire raged across the grasslands to their north on the fourth day but it burned itself out before it approached the road, lions roared somewhere out in the grass and a herd of gemsbok moved across the trade road a few days later. Nights were spent camped on the roadside or sheltering at scattered villages and kraals.

On the sixth day they saw smoke again up ahead, but it was concentrated and the smoke was darker than that of the plains fire.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:00 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1325
Profession: Barbarian
"Is that a settlement?"

Kuublu looks to the others. He leads the way and doubles his pace.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:19 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1371
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
"Is that a settlement?"

Kuublu looks to the others. He leads the way and doubles his pace.


Looking ahead as the trio moved forward, it does appear to be a small wayside village that is almost entirely engulfed in flames. There are no people visible though the companions are still a few hundred metres away.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:47 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
"We must hurry - there may be people trapped." Chiemeka breaks into a run.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:24 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1325
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu proceeds to run....



OOC: can't have ze artillery in the front. Panzers advance!

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:43 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1371
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Running into the burning kraal they looked around for survivors but found the place eerily silent save the crackling of flames, Chiemeka eventually located a mans body bisected at the waist. Kuublu found another with his neck broken and some large chunks missing from his torso and thighs.

They were only at the buildings closest to the roadway so far....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1325
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu glares angrily.

"I know of no man that would inflict such wounds! Perhaps this is a large animal! Or even a pack of them!!!"


Kuublu raises his wooden shield and Assegai, advancing through the kraal.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka stays slightly behind and to the left of Kuublu in their usual advancing formation, staying alert for the presence of wild animals (or worse).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:20 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 203
Profession: Warlock
Uruka shudders at the sight of the dead men. He continues to advance with his weapon and shield ready.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:36 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1371
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
Kuublu glares angrily.

"I know of no man that would inflict such wounds! Perhaps this is a large animal! Or even a pack of them!!!"


Kuublu raises his wooden shield and Assegai, advancing through the kraal.


drb1004 wrote:
Chiemeka stays slightly behind and to the left of Kuublu in their usual advancing formation, staying alert for the presence of wild animals (or worse).


Firestar76 wrote:
Uruka shudders at the sight of the dead men. He continues to advance with his weapon and shield ready.


The trio moved through the burning village finding few bodies, Kuublu however noted a large number of tracks among the many human and goat prints on the dusty ground; tracks like those left by bustards but much larger...larger than both his feet together....and among them two sets of tracks even larger...similar to marabou stork prints....

Searching rear buildings a few other bodies were found, mostly adult males either cut in twain or ravaged by something hard and sharp......coming to the back of the village the entire kraal was pulled down and pieces of it were still attached to the thick liana ropes that had been used to do so.

Kuublu followed the tracks and found many human and goat prints heading out across the shattered acacia wall into the long grass towards the south.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group