Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 107  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:53 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
"I am Prince Kuublu, I was on my way to the capital to report on various incidents, and tangled up in a number of others. When we saw a devastated village we sent off a messenger requesting for more soldiers whilst we did an initial investigation."

Kuublu will give a vague explanation of their travels and some idea about the village they came from, and the landscape around that particular village.

"I wonder where you were being taken."

OOC: Kuublu offloads some hardware, need to check my sheet, I could probably spare a javelin...read the beginning of this thread for the information Kuublu gives.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:16 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka can spare a dagger if anyone needs to be armed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:41 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

OOC: Kuublu passes over his spear, which he never uses since he always uses his shield. Deleting from charactersheet...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:51 pm 
8th Rank
8th Rank

Profession: Warlock
Uruka welcomes the new man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:49 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Ultstadt wrote:
Jaafan accepts the help from the stranger with a kurt nod of thanks. When they reach the group of escapees he fills them in.

”I lead a pack of herbivorous creatures stampeding toward the volucreth. I doubt my luck too much to assume the beasts will defeat them, but the stampede should cover our tracks and buy us time. We must choose a destination, and quickly if we are to maintain a lead on any pursuit.” he turned to the strangers, ”have you a strong hold? Or perhaps a larger force behind you?” he asks before addressing the other escapees, ”Who here hails from the nearest tribe? Might we take refuge there until we the birdfolk give up their chase?”

OOC - how much damage did I take running through the gauntlet? I know I stay concious till -2 hp, but I’m still curious. :D

Also, how far away are we from my village? I know I’m from this general portion of the continent, but I’m not sure how large a space that actually means.

OOC: You took another 6 hp dam. You have no idea how far away you are, you've been captive for a week at least and from what little glimpses of the sun you caught through the trees you were heading SE for most of that....a fair distance and the closest human settlements to here would have to be a minimum of three days walk.....most of that still within the Forest of Storms.

Kharille wrote:
"I am Prince Kuublu, I was on my way to the capital to report on various incidents, and tangled up in a number of others. When we saw a devastated village we sent off a messenger requesting for more soldiers whilst we did an initial investigation."

Kuublu will give a vague explanation of their travels and some idea about the village they came from, and the landscape around that particular village.

"I wonder where you were being taken."

OOC: Kuublu offloads some hardware, need to check my sheet, I could probably spare a javelin...read the beginning of this thread for the information Kuublu gives.

Firestar76 wrote:
Uruka welcomes the new man

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:48 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"We are few in numbers, and we should consider saving what we have. I do not want to engage in battle with children to look after. Perhaps we should head back to the village."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:02 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Profession: Knave
Jaafan frowned at the logistics of their escape. Three days walk through this jungle would be trying, but better than enslaved and eaten by the Volucreth. Though at the moment the pain of his various wounds suggested otherwise.

”Indeed. It appears we must make for the nearest human village.” he says, turning to the other escapees, wincing at the sudden sharp sting of the deep cuts in his shoulder, back, and side, ”those of you willing to fight, take your choice of these offered weapons. Everyone else keep your eyes and ears open.”

He turns back to the strangers again, hefting his stolen blade, still getting accustomed to its weight and feel, ”Lead on then strangers. We did not see much during our travels, so it is likely you know the way better than any of us.”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:43 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

If no one objects, Kuublu will try to lead the team out into the open, in the vague direction of the village they came from.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:05 pm 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Profession: Knave
If none of the slaves choose to take the offered spear, Jaafan will take it. He is more skilled with a spear, but he will not give up his stolen Volucreth blade, as possession of such weapons are a sign of status among his people. OOC - GM, let me know if any of the slaves grabbed it or not.

Jaafan suggested the man leading them hold for a moment. He moved over to whatever nearby tree looked the most amenable to a climb and then, saying a small prayer to the spirit of the tree in apology for intruding upon it, began to climb so that he might ensure he had his directional bearings.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:49 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Ultstadt wrote:
If none of the slaves choose to take the offered spear, Jaafan will take it. He is more skilled with a spear, but he will not give up his stolen Volucreth blade, as possession of such weapons are a sign of status among his people. OOC - GM, let me know if any of the slaves grabbed it or not.

Jaafan suggested the man leading them hold for a moment. He moved over to whatever nearby tree looked the most amenable to a climb and then, saying a small prayer to the spirit of the tree in apology for intruding upon it, began to climb so that he might ensure he had his directional bearings.

Jaafan climbed carefully up the buttress roots to the trunk and managed to work his way some 20m up from there, it was somewhat difficult to make things out but he seemed to be above the bulk of the underbrush and was nowhere near the canopy so he had a fair view. It was going to be hard going through the scrub but at least he knew that eventually the trees would give way to grassland....eventually.

He took note of movement and the the like as he looked northward, there were several familt groups of some sort of four legged browsers a ways off and the ubiquitious groups of birds, bird-like things and monkey-lizards but nothing dangerous caught his eye.

OOC: You may have the spear, very few of those with you look in much condition to defend themselves.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 107  Next