Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 107  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:22 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Profession: Knave
Jaafan offered to take first watch, but suggested the group not make to big a fire if they could bear the weather, a large open flame could signal their presence for miles on such flat grassland.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:27 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka will take watch after midnight.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:55 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu will take last watch then...

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:22 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
The night passed quietly and in the morning they set off again north through the tall grasses. As the sun moved from overhead to towards the horizon once more they suddenly broke through the grass and found themselves on a wide dirt road heading west to east. From the many signs of foot traffic and the familiar surrounds to the north they were back on the great trade road the trio had been travelling on some days past...

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:11 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

"Well," Jaafan says, grinning from ear to ear, "pick a direction strange men. My home lays somewhere to the west, but I do not know how far, nor have an urgent need to return there at the moment. We are like to find humans in either direction, and that is what we need. Food, shelter, and information.

after a moment of optimistic relaxation Jaafan winced and grunted, reaching over his shoulder to his still open wound, "Also, I do not know what strange spirits you summoned to heal my wounds when we first met, but I would not resent its further use." OOC - at 7/18 HP

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:15 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu wonders whether it would be closer to get to the village they came from, or to head towards the capital. Once they get back to civilization messengers could be sent. Seems like the bird men are sending raiders to capture slaves. Would be more effective if they provide what intelligence they can. Not advisable to enter these forests with the weird giant everything they seem to run into all the time.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:00 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
The group started heading towards the capital and after a couple of hours came across the partially burned village, the majority of the people with them ran to their homes to see what remained. There was a small detachment of a secondary legion lounging near the wreckage.....The Iron Hoof...if Kuublus memory wasn't falling him.

Three of the former prisoners remained with the group, their homes apparently further west.

As they approached one of the soldiers looked up and got to her feet, she was a solidly built woman in her late 40s with a shaved head and her forearms covered in iron and brass rings, she carried a huge akrafena of iron and gold on her broad back.

She fell to one knee, " Prince Kuublu, we came as requested."

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:54 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Elementalist
Ultstadt wrote:
after a moment of optimistic relaxation Jaafan winced and grunted, reaching over his shoulder to his still open wound, "Also, I do not know what strange spirits you summoned to heal my wounds when we first met, but I would not resent its further use." OOC - at 7/18 HP

Chiemeka passes his hand over the wound and asks Aset to bless and heal Jaafan (Greater Healing: +7 HP)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:23 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Jaafan nodded his head to Chiemeka in thanks once more for the miraculous healing powers. He examined his wounds, and though he still had a few minor scrapes and bruises it was nothing a few days rest wouldn’t heal naturally.

He turned his attention to the soldiers gathered at the ruins. The woman was twice his age, but he grinned broadly at her regardless, she looked strong and proud, despite kneeling before the cowardly prince, and her weapons suggested some great position or glorious status. He would not be saddened were she to take a liking to him.

He thought to make some introduction until her words proved that she was in service to one of the strangers who had made the distraction that had aided his escape. This seemed to prove the man’s dubious claim to royalty, not that noble blood mattered much to Jaafan, but it also meant that the man had soldiers at his command.

”If you have warriors in your service, especially more as formidable as this fine woman,” he waggled his eye brows at her for a moment, ”Then we can lead them back in to the Forest of Storms and destroy that Volucreth post. If the bird-folk are raiding for slaves in human lands, especially if they are lands beneath your protection, then we must strike at their heart and rid ourselves of their presence!”

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:02 pm 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Kuublu gestures to the the woman to be at ease.

"Raiders, bird men, tall bearing bows that can fell huge beasts. These forests are full of all sorts of creatures I have rarely seen. One kill would feed a village for the whole year. We must secure other villages from further raids."

Kuublu nods at the newcomer.

"I need a full report on what troops we have. Has there been news from other villages?"

Kuublu will signal them all to follow. He needs to get a broader picture of what they do know. His main interest is to secure the villages from further raids and to interrupt any further raids.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 107  Next