Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:37 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Posts: 165
Location: Albion
Profession: Sorcerer
Alistair moves towards the nun and smacks her in the face with the flat of his sword, hoping to disorient and possibly stun - if she's a faerie he's taking no chances...

Attacking the nun (Attack 13): 1d20 13

... and fails, presumably (up to GM what happens).

[OOC - Cobwebbed Dragon, I love the stuff you're doing with the blade Simon found :D )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1371
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Emily peered down at the Earl of Mancaster, then back at the balcony door...then back at the roof....then she swore....and called down.

" Your Lordship! Your Honour! Your...uh, Grace? OI, BIGJOB!!"

" Theres some MURDER going on in here if yer not too busy!!!"
, she finished and then went back to staring at the balcony door...then the roof...then the courtyard...door....

*her right leg was vibrating a thousand miles an hour*

OOC:

Convince.: 1d20 4

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 553
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
I am assuming from the descriptions that Eggdras has sprinted down the corridor ignoring the Monk in the corridor - he can safely do so as the Monk's attention is definitely engaged by Dynis and Osric is also arriving to further engage his attention - and has run up to the door and has kicked it open - once it was unbolted, this was not incredibly difficult.

So...

OUTSIDE THE ROOM

Lady Dynis swings so wildly she almost hits Osric as he comes up beside her. The Monk jabs back at her with a short sword, ineffectively. Lady Dynis' swing did capture all the Monks attention though, and Osric is able to deliver a mighty blow to the side of his head.

Attack on monk (no DEFENCE, so 15 to hit): 1d20 1

Critical hit. So... a Strength check for the Monk to remain conscious.

Strength check (7 or better): 1d20 4

He makes it, but I think a Morale check is appropriate, given Osric has offered him the chance of surrender.

Morale check (6 or better to pass): 1d20 8

He throws down his sword and drops to his knees.

(Note - I don't use Morale all that often - only in cases where I think there are specific reasons Morale might fail and I virtually never use it for PCs - I think it's up to a player to decide if their character's will fails them or not)

INSIDE THE ROOM

Berenice abandons her search for a weapon and instead flicks her right hand towards Honeysuckle, shrieking the words "CRY HAVOK AND RELEASE THE HAWK OF WAR!"

Honeysuckle is enveloped in a flash of bright light, there's a shadow of a hawk spreading its wings around her, and she slumps to the ground.

The Lady from the bed leaps at Stinkweed with her dagger, slashing it across his arm.

I am going to assume Alistair strikes at Stinkweed instead of Honeysuckle as Honeysuckle has gone down, missing.

Stinkweed drops to his knees crying 'Mercy!'

Simon - Stinkweed kneels before you - you could menace him with the sword, if you wish (ie, hold it over him to keep him under control).

ON THE BALCONY

One of the Guardsmen below throws the weighted end of a rope on to the balcony. The Earl Mancaster calls to Emily.

"If you could tie that off, I would appreciate it. And it's My Lord, although I quite like Bigjob."

Looking around, Emily can see that she could easily tie it to a ring that is set up to hold torches near the door - it looks solid enough to take a lot of weight.

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:15 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1371
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Emily set about lashing the rope to the ring, it wasn't pretty but it would hold.

" Done!", she called down.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:53 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1325
Profession: Barbarian
"Seems you guys have everything under control!"

Eggdras is not sure who's fighting whom but he will try to shield Simon with his oversized frying pan, whilst taking in the scene....

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:08 pm 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm
Posts: 37
Profession: Mystic
Osric raises his staff ready for another blow, but when the fallen monk doesn’t stir he looks round for other assailants, then pulls back his cowl to check whether he is still breathing or no.

“Ye swears ye has the King’s authority on this, m’lady? I b’ain’t be one for brawling”

The half-lie sticks in his throat a little. But kneeling face to face with the unconscious monk, he seems far more man than faerie, and Osric is acutely aware of having no friends to vouch for his part in all this. From outside the window, he heard the girl's cries of 'Murder' all too clearly.

If Dynis heads into the room, or anywhere else, he will stick closely to her.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:32 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 629
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
Dreadnought wrote:
Stinkweed drops to his knees crying 'Mercy!'

Simon - Stinkweed kneels before you - you could menace him with the sword, if you wish (ie, hold it over him to keep him under control).

Simon barely notices the menacing flash of magic from the other corner of the room, instead his eyes lock with those of the monk, who once looked so menacing but now looks pathetically into Simon's eyes as he pleads for mercy.

Simon holds the sword to the monk's neck, it's sharp tip scratching at his throat. Simon feels hunger gnaw in his gut - not the kind of hunger that can be slated by the Dandy Lion's stew or sweet treats, but the kind of hunger that echoes the thirst of his magical blade for the blood of the coward now prostrate before him. "It's the blade that wants this, not me," thinks Simon, but the hunger continues to grow and Simon can no longer feel where his hand ends and the sword begins. Or perhaps it is the blade that no longer distinguishes between Simon's will and its own. Simon listens to the rain thundering outside and the rush of blood pounding in his ears, drowning out all sounds except the sound of a heartbeat, which Simon intuitively realises is not his own but the monk's. The deafening roar of the rain, his own rushing blood, and the beat of the monk's heart could be silenced with a simple flick of the wrist. With a deep breath, Simon begins the mental process of ordering the sword into the monk, to take his life, and spill his blood across the varnished floor but a crash from the doorway snaps Simon from this spell before his wrist can respond to the murderous thought.

Simon turns to see Eggdras in the doorway. Relief quickly turns to horror as Simon realises what he was about to do, causing Simon to stagger back, away from the monk and away from the temptation to murder the helpless man. As Eggdras runs to shield Simon from the monk (or perhaps the monk from Simon?), Simon lets the tip of the blade dip towards the floor, it's tip gouging a deep scratch in the floorboards. In shame, Simon wants more than anything to drop the sword or hurl it through the open balcony window but the sword grips Simon's fingers tightly and won't be discarded so easily. Simon relents to the sword's will and he once again feels the gentle and comforting vibration through the hilt. But for the interruption, Simon would have killed for the sword and the sword knows it. And the sword is happy.

Acoma wrote:
[OOC - Cobwebbed Dragon, I love the stuff you're doing with the blade Simon found]

[OOC - Thank you. I'm not entirely sure this is what Dreadnought had in mind when I picked it up, but I'll keep going with it until he tells me to stop. This is certainly more fun to write than the D&D-esque "you get +2 to your attacks" type sword.]

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group