Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Getting started...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:20 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Had a glance. Skill system seems to be a lot to memorize. Although I could play a sorceror or mystic easily having to memorize these knave powers seems troublesome since I'd have to look out for opportunities to apply it. I'm thinking maybe I should play a hotblood or knight. Since the character is young, maybe a hotblood will do. Not sure about evolving into a knight though, maybe after 6 underwurlde adventures my character can evolve into a barbarian. Like some urban bully boy nasty kid. Can't recall but I think hotbloods only evolve into knights right? Maybe a barbarian would be more appropriate, for a medieval city punk.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
[quote="Kharille"]Had a glance. Skill system seems to be a lot to memorize. Although I could play a sorceror or mystic easily having to memorize these knave powers seems troublesome since I'd have to look out for opportunities to apply it. I'm thinking maybe I should play a hotblood or knight. Since the character is young, maybe a hotblood will do. Not sure about evolving into a knight though, maybe after 6 underwurlde adventures my character can evolve into a barbarian. Like some urban bully boy nasty kid. Can't recall but I think hotbloods only evolve into knights right? Maybe a barbarian would be more appropriate, for a medieval city punk.[/quote

Basically if you want to create a fighter type, use either the Knight or Barbarian - how you play it is up to you (the Knight does not need to be the chivalrous type in shining armour, for example). And yes, you could use the barbarian for a city tough who relies on his or her muscle.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:40 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Lets do a Barbarian. Want a high looks score so maybe if you're ok I'll swap out a high stat for high looks. Do you want to roll for me? Roll in sequence and we'll decide on swapping which stat, maybe the highest stat.

do the d6 health for me.

And the silver, I think its 6d6 right? He'll just be a thug who gets the occasional work, and probably big for his age at 15.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:32 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Quote:
If there are house rules you can draw my attention to, I'll have a look at them. I rarely use them, but wouldn't rule it out until I've had a look.

I think there's a forum thread on these somewhere, but CONSTITUTION is on 3d6 and is used for resisting poisons, holding one's breath, etc. and SIZE is on 2d6+1 for females and 2d6+2 for males (if there needs to be a distinction) and is more used for flavour.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:33 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Also, for character creation (and indeed combat) are we rolling or are you rolling for us?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:49 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Quote:
Any idea of the type of character you'd like to play? :)

I'd like to play a magic-user and I think Sorceror would be the best fit, but we already appear to have a Sorceror in the game. Does a Warlock or Elementalist fit with the campaign?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think I'd prefer to just go with the standard rules. I don't see much value in adding in additional characteristics.

In terms of rolling, I think 3d6 five times and arrange as you like to (hopefully) ensure you get a decent character of the profession you want - if you can't possibly get a profession you want, you can reroll.

Shaun Hately

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Acoma wrote:
Quote:
Any idea of the type of character you'd like to play? :)

I'd like to play a magic-user and I think Sorceror would be the best fit, but we already appear to have a Sorceror in the game. Does a Warlock or Elementalist fit with the campaign?

There's no real reason there can't be more than one sorcerer but if there was a second one, I'd want them to have been formally apprenticed to Mistress Marta as one of her students. I can provide details on that, but she's also in Friends or Foes.

An elementalist is entirely plausible (although a darkness one would probably be a bad idea). A warlock would almost certainly be a squire in the Knights Capellar - they have a Chapter House in the city - or a noble son or daughter who has magical talent but who has also been compelled by their parents to take martial training (they would actually quite likely have been given to the Capellars as well, but could just be a squire to a Warlock-Knight). And for the record, Mystics are also available - there are a few active in the city.

Shaun Hately

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:25 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

ok here goes....

So lets say...

Strength 12
Reflexes 9
Intelligence 9
Psychic Talent 6
Looks 15

health
3 + 9 12

15 florins

Barbarian, lets see, we'll fill out a sheet later.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:43 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Stats:

11 Stats: 3d6 11[/url]
16Stats: 3d6 16[/url]
9Stats: 3d6 9
13Stats: 3d6 13
9Stats: 3d6 9

HP: 6hp: 1d6 6

Money: 25florins: 3d10 25

Race: Human
Height: 1.2m Handedness: Right
Weight: 38kg Gender: Female
Profession: Assassin
Vision: Normal
Experience: 0

Strength: 9
Reflexes: 16
Intelligence: 13
Psychic Talent: 9
Looks: 11

Attack: 14
Defence: 7

Magical Defence: 3
Evasion: 7

Stealth: 19
Perception: 8

Movement: 10m (20m)

Health Points: 11

Professional Skills:
Stealth (p42)
Armour Piercing (p42)
Breakfall ( p46)

Notable Possessions:
- backpack
- daggers ( 2) ( 1d4+1, 3)
- padded armour AF: 1
-miscellaneous equipment (rope, climbing gear, hand
lantern, flint-and-tinder, etc), 3-30 florins.

Wealth: 25 florins

Languages: Elleslandic ( Fluent ). Illiterate.

Emily Smickett or Smicks lives in the roof space of a truly terrible tenement on Knuckle Lane in Byway.When she's not begging on the steps of the Sacred Mother of Peace she's lifting small items from folks on the surrounding streets. She has ferreted out a number of basements and located two tunnel entrances though she has not yet ventured down any and they may well prove to be nothing.

One Thumb Charlie has taken her under his wing to work as a second-storeyman and they work well together though the old bugger has noted she's started to mature and it may well be necessary soon to put a blade through his grabby hands. Her mother is dead and the man calling himself her father was last seen when she was three though she looks nothing like he did. She lives with her older sister who works as a spinster in the neighbouring ward.

Twelve years of age with jet black hair and flashing green eyes, she is quite short and her darker skin tone and features indicate that perhaps her father was from much further away than Crggen Varis like she was told.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next