Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:48 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Alistair attempts to remove the sword from her hand (his knife is still in her back).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
DOWNSTAIRS

Osric has delivered a ringing blow to the head of the Monk he is facing.

Eggdrass strikes at the other monk:

Attack roll on monk: 1d20 7

Armour Bypass Roll: 1d8 8

the sword finding a gap easily, the monk having neglected his defence against a second attacker.

NEW ROUND

The Lady Knight responds, striking at the Monk, but her blow seems to be turned aside by whatever armour he is wearing under his robes.

The Monk she is facing responds, missing widely. The other Monk strikes at Osric, also missing.

Osric strikes back.

Attack on right stair Monk: 1d20 12

missing as the monk does focus all of his defence towards him.

Eggdrass strikes at the Monk facing the Lady.

Attack on left stair monk (splitting DEFENCE, so 9 to hit): 1d20 13

And misses.

NEW ROUND

The Lady Knight again acts. She strikes and hits, but once again his armour saves him.

He strikes back, overbalancing and falling flat on his face.

Attack on Lady Knight (hits only on a 1): 1d20 20

Reflexes check to keep sword: 1d20 20

(I generally won't post rolls for NPCs unless something unusual happens like this - two 20s in a row).

The other monk realising his companion has fallen, turns his attention to the Lady Knight.

This is unfortunate for her, as she was not defending against him, but it probably wouldn't have mattered - the stroke is masterful and cuts into the side of her head. She is likely gravely wounded.

Osric strikes at him.

Attack on left stair monk (splitting DEFENCE, so 9 to hit): 1d20 17

Missing.

Eggdras - I need you to tell me what you are doing - you have a virtually defenceless monk at your feet, and I don't want to just assume you would stab him. However, you are definitely aware that Lady Knight is very badly wounded. She's still on her feet, but for how long...

An extremely chivalrous knight might not strike a fallen opponent, although most would do so in pitched battle - staying on your feet is part of the job, after all. And you are not any sort of knight. So there's no huge reason not to stab him. But I want it to be your call, not my assumption.

UPSTAIRS

The Nun does not resist as Alistairs takes hold of the sword and removes it from her hand, although she does say, "Be careful of that."

She puts out a hand making a token gesture at blocking Emily's path, easily evaded. "Please, Child... I wish you no harm. Stay and talk."

Emily can certainly continue past her to the balcony if she chooses.

The woman on the bed says. "I'd prefer you stay as well, girl, although a sensible girl would certainly stand in that open doorway so she can make a quick escape if needed. A golden crown if you stay." She pauses. "That goes for you two boys as well."

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think it is going to be faster if I roll for players in combat, but only if you want me to do that - and I will do my best to stop rolling and pause if a significant event occurs (as I have here) including if you suffer a wound.

Shaun Hately

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:14 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Dreadnought wrote:
DOWNSTAIRS

Eggdras - I need you to tell me what you are doing - you have a virtually defenceless monk at your feet, and I don't want to just assume you would stab him. However, you are definitely aware that Lady Knight is very badly wounded. She's still on her feet, but for how long...

An extremely chivalrous knight might not strike a fallen opponent, although most would do so in pitched battle - staying on your feet is part of the job, after all. And you are not any sort of knight. So there's no huge reason not to stab him. But I want it to be your call, not my assumption.

Eggdras is not a ritter and not above stabbing someone in the ground, but they haven't really pissed him off. Bearing in mind the condition of the lady and the need to finish this quickly he will threaten the other to drop his sword.

"Stop! Yield and I will let you live!!!"

If the guy doesn't even outnumbered 3 to 1 Eggdras will stab the prone monk if the standing monk takes hostile action, so maybe standing monk reflexes minus 1, this round.

Is that clear?

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

Last edited by Kharille on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:16 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Dreadnought wrote:
I think it is going to be faster if I roll for players in combat, but only if you want me to do that - and I will do my best to stop rolling and pause if a significant event occurs (as I have here) including if you suffer a wound.

No objection from me - I'm more interested in the narrative, anyway.

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:54 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Alistair sheaths his dagger and points the sword at the ground. "Why? What's special about it?" (referring to the sword)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:55 am 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Profession: Mystic
Cobwebbed Dragon wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:

No objection from me - I'm more interested in the narrative, anyway.

+1 to the above. If Osric receives a wound or if he delivers several hits that fail to bypass armour, he may change strategy, but otherwise he'll keep swinging his staff wildly with a Hawk Guard. But first...

[Assuming that Eddric's pause means a new round starts]

As the monk turns his attention to the Lady Knight, Osric decides to seize his chance. Clutching his staff with both hands level in front of him, he dives forward with all his weight straight into the monk hoping to knock him back onto the stairs and land on top of him. He flattened Jenk like this once, right into the stables' dunghill, after all. Although Jenk hadn't been holding sharpened steel...

Dirty Fighting skill to knock the remaining monk prone. If possible, will treat as Wolf Guard for such an all-in sweeping attack, but it's clearly not a conventional fighting guard...

Attack: 14, +2 if Wolf Guard allowed
Knocking monk back onto stairs: 1d20 18

Ouch.

His leap is mistimed, blocked, and pushed back, not even unbalancing the monk. He stumbles onto one knee heavily right at the monk's feet...

Attempts to keep footing: 1d20 3

... but quickly scrambles away and back up before any harm can come of it.

'Idiot' he mutters to himself, and spits.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:28 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

In a moment, the tension seems to have drained from the room - the tinderbox that could so easily have ignited now suddenly seems far from flame and Simon's thoughts flow more clearly - perhaps there's money to be made? And Simon's curiosity is piqued by this whole strange situation.

Simon allows the tip of the shortsword to dip towards the floor, although his grip on its hilt remains firm and his arm tense, ready to bring it up to his defence should this lull be some kind of ruse. Simon idly wonders whether the lady feigning death on the floor has heard what's going on or sensed the change in mood and his eyes flick briefly in her direction to see whether she rouses herself but mostly Simon focuses on the monk, still too close for Simon's comfort.

To the woman on the bed: "I'll stay. For a crown." And, slightly more angrily, gesturing to the monk with a slight upward flick of the tip of his blade, "But you keep back. A crown doesn't buy my trust and I saw what you were doing to that lady."

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:40 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Emily froze in midstep when the gold was mentioned but she forced herself to get to the balcony doorway before she turned.

"Speak."

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

DOWNSTAIRS

The Lady Knight strikes at the monk who is still standing. Perhaps the wound has affected her because she misses by a large margin and barely holds onto her weapon.

The Monk returns her blow, rejecting any call to surrender. But he misses.

Osric acts next - taking the action as described in an earlier post:

As the monk turns his attention to the Lady Knight, Osric decides to seize his chance. Clutching his staff with both hands level in front of him, he dives forward with all his weight straight into the monk hoping to knock him back onto the stairs and land on top of him. He flattened Jenk like this once, right into the stables' dunghill, after all. Although Jenk hadn't been holding sharpened steel...

Dirty Fighting skill to knock the remaining monk prone. If possible, will treat as Wolf Guard for such an all-in sweeping attack, but it's clearly not a conventional fighting guard...

Attack: 14, +2 if Wolf Guard allowed
Knocking monk back onto stairs: 1d20 18

Ouch.

His leap is mistimed, blocked, and pushed back, not even unbalancing the monk. He stumbles onto one knee heavily right at the monk's feet...

Attempts to keep footing: 1d20 3

... but quickly scrambles away and back up before any harm can come of it.

'Idiot' he mutters to himself, and spits.

The monk who fell prone is trying to get to his feet. It is clear he has no intention of surrendering, so Eggdras strikes at him...

Attack on prone monk who is attempting to stand (half DEFENCE, so a 9 or better to hit): 1d20 4

Armour Bypass Roll: 1d8 5

gravely wounding him. He ceases his attempt to rise for now.

New Round

Once again the Lady Knight strikes at the standing foe. This time there is no mistake and she strikes true through his armour.

He returns the attack and misses.

Osric tries for a simple maneuver than last time, attacking with his sword. The point of his blade catches the Monk in the throat and with a gout of blood, the Monk falls to the ground, unconscious or dead.

Attack on left stair monk (splitting DEFENCE, so 9 to hit): 1d20 6

Armour Bypass Roll: 1d8 5

Eggdras strikes at the prone Monk who knocks aside his blade.

Attack on right stair monk (4 to hit): 1d20 13

New Round

The Lady Knight staggers as she strikes weakly at the Monk.

He desperately returns a strike from his prone position but misses.

Eggdras skewers him. He slumps back unmoving.

Attack on prone monk (hit on 11): 1d20 2

Armour Bypass Roll: 1d8 8

The Lady Knight turns to Osric and Eggdras as she pulls a flask from her belt and downs it.

"My name is Dynis Wisdom, and I could do with your help upstairs. No insult is intended, but if I call you boys and children when we go up there, it is because it may help you stay alive. Come with me, in the name of the King and the City of Ongus."

Neither of you recognise her name. She has started up the stairs.

Intelligence Check (Eggdras) (knowledge, +2bonus for city, 11 or better): 1d20 13

Intelligence Check (Osric) (10 or better): 1d20 19

UPSTAIRS

The Nun says, in apparent response to Alistair's question. "It's a sword. It's sharp." The Nun and the Lady on the bed are now looking directly at each other. The Nun speaks. "You explain. They might believe you more than me."

The Lady speaks. "I should bloody well hope so. Look, children," she says, putting a strong emphasis on that word, "Honeysuckle and Stinkweed, here, are here in the city to try and capture some children to take back to their masters. They do not normally prey in a city but they are here looking for a very particular girl."

She looks directly at you, Emily, as she says this. "You are that girl." and she winks at you in a very obvious fashion. All of you see the wink.

The Monk has moved towards the fireplace. You have the distinct impression, he is subservient to the Nun - and that he also doesn't like being called 'Stinkweed'.

Shaun Hately

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next