Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 22  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:15 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1576
Profession: Barbarian
First thing Eggdras does is bar the door. He will allow bar staff to enter but if any 'civilians' come in he'll hold up. Women and children/youth will be allowed, otherwise he'll demand they back off whilst clutching his hammer. Any source of grease would be of interest to him, and he notes how flammable it is/flammable materials (in case he wants to start a fire), exits from the kitchen considers how to evacuate in case a fire starts.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:28 pm 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Posts: 172
Location: Albion
Profession: Sorcerer
Alistair draws his dagger, and asks the Nun to put her sword away, or a least step away from the girl.

[OOC - Did the PCs upstairs hear the Lady Knight's call to arms?]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm
Posts: 39
Profession: Mystic
Osric’s heart thumps uncontrollably.

He looks around to try to see who gave the whistle signal.

He tries to stay close to the Lady while covering the open space by the bar. If any monk comes near him he’ll try to shove them off with his staff. He’d rather keep the stand-off going for as long as possible rather than begin any bloodshed.

[Are we doing Player’s Guide stances? Crab guard if so, changing to bear guard if outnumbered]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:09 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1600
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
OOC: If she thinks she sees an opportunity or the boys distract the scary woman enough Emily is going to try and dive through her legs and out onto the balcony.

Evade: 1d20 3 Reflexes 16

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
[OOC - I currently only have access to the Internet through my phone, so apologies for the brevity and topography of this post, and whatever Swype/predictive texting decides to do with some of the more abstruse words.]

Simon quickly assesses the scene but is unable in that split second to determine who might have done what to whom. On seeing the injured lady on the floor, Simon rushes to her side, kneels beside her, and starts to check her wounds.

[OOC - purely hypothetically, could Simon disguise the gestures required to magically heal her a little under the pretense of attending to her wounds? ]

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:03 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 571
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
Acoma wrote:
[OOC - Did the PCs upstairs hear the Lady Knight's call to arms?]


No. I'll get to the rest of this later, but that was quick to answer.

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:04 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 571
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
inlebadger wrote:
[Are we doing Player’s Guide stances? Crab guard if so, changing to bear guard if outnumbered]


Yes, they can be used.

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:00 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 571
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
UPSTAIRS:

Emily has not yet seen an opportunity to try and escape - the blade pointed towards her throat is a significant concern.

Simon is looking at the wounded warrior - he can try to conceal what he's doing if he's using magic, but it's going to require a STEALTH roll versus the PERCEPTION of those watching - if he wants to do that, I will make the roll in secret.

The Nun mostly ignores Alistair's statement, but speaks into the room, you would assume most likely addressing the woman on the bed. Her voice is accented... the same refined Mercanian?? accent as the Monk you heard.

"The fates have delivered me three children as hostages, milady, I hope you will see sense now. I do not want to hurt them, but I most certainly will if I must."

DOWNSTAIRS:

Eggdras has barred one of the doors to the kitchen (the northernmost) so far. He'd have to move to deal with the other.

Osric has worked out that the whistle he heard came from one of the monks at the foot of the stairs - he's not sure which one.

The Lady Knight speaks to the room at large. "Those of you in blue, lay down your arms in the name of the King. This is your only chance. Men and women of Ongus, on my order, you may put these invaders down."

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1576
Profession: Barbarian
Eggdras moves to bar the other door. He will let in women, children, old people and bar staff. If others want through, he'll tell them to drop their weapons.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
Dreadnought wrote:
Simon is looking at the wounded warrior - he can try to conceal what he's doing if he's using magic, but it's going to require a STEALTH roll versus the PERCEPTION of those watching - if he wants to do that, I will make the roll in secret.

Simon wouldn't even consider magic unless he felt it was the only way he could save the woman's life. Not only because he doesn't particularly want to reveal his abilities to anyone who may be watching him but he's also never used this spell on a person, and certainly not one as injured as this woman appears to be, and definitely not in as stressful a situation as this, so would only risk it if he felt it was the only option to save her life. If Simon determines she's at least stable enough to move, Simon's more likely to drag her into the corridor to relative safety (well, safer than in here, at least!)

Whilst investigating the woman's wounds, if she's carrying a shortsword (or otherwise a better weapon in which Simon is proficient than a dagger), he will poise himself to grab it, just in case combat ensues before he can do much more (which it is looking more and more likely it will - and not the fun bar-brawl kind of combat, either) :o

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 22  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group