Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:43 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1606
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Emily goggled at someone calling her valuable but began backing away slowly towards the wall, having given up on her attempts to make it to the balcony for the moment.

She held one of her 'daggers' out before her as she did so...

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:03 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 572
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
DOWNSTAIRS

Osric has successfully tripped the monk he attacked. And the Lady Knight makes short work of the stumbling Monk slashing down at him and leaving him sprawling unmoving on the ground.

The Heavyset Warrior and the Monk he is fighting exchange ineffectual blows.

Eggdras comes out and is near enough to Osric, that as the Lady Knight says to Osric, "Follow me!" and turns towards the stairs, Eggdras would be entirely free to assume he's included in the invitation.

UPSTAIRS

Alistair has succeeded in getting behind the Nun and poking his dagger to her back, issuing his command to her to drop her sword. She does not drop it, but she does lower it until it is pointing at the ground.

Emily has managed to back away a bit - she could duck behind either of the curtains if she wanted to.

Simon reaches the woman on the bed and sees that she has been bound to it, by her wrists, her ankles tied together. There is blood on her face, and what he thinks is some sort of thumbscrew or similar attached to her left hand. She looks at him but her speech is apparently to the Nun and the Monk.

"Surely you recognise the girl, Honeysuckle. Or do we all look the same to you?"

The Monk speaks, in his accented Elleslandic. "You will address my Mistress by her title, not your..."

But the Nun interrupts him. "That does not matter for now." She leans down to try and get a closer look at Emily. She seems fairly unconcerned about the dagger at her back.

Both the Monk and the Nun are definitely focused on Emily - and not looking at either of their captives right now.

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:47 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1582
Profession: Barbarian
"Lead the way!" Eggdras cries out whilst raising his frying pan. He doesn't want to take sides, but looks like nobody is obstructing them now. He beckons Osric to go ahead.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm
Posts: 39
Profession: Mystic
The sight of the butchered monk at his feet makes Osric feel a little queasy, but he has been summoned, and in all this chaos it feels much easier to follow than to question.

He takes one quick swing at the remaining monk by the door....

Attack: 14 (Hawk Guard, +1 Attack, +1:AB, -2 Def, -1Evasion)
Attacking the monk: 1d20 3

Monks armour (Guard bonus included): 1d6+1 3

...thumping him hard in the chest. Not hard enough to hurt him it seems, but perhaps enough of a distraction to help his struggling assailant.


He then turns and runs after the others.

[OOC: I’m assuming these monks are in chain mail rather than full plate? Interesting to note that that a staff swung double handed by a trained fighter is now comparable at armour bypass to a shortsword (d6+1 vs d8).... I do like these new Guard rules...]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:28 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1606
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Emily is utterly terrified, no one has ever taken notice of her before and she likes it not one bit. She is nothing....she has heard those words more than a hundred times from those who would know....and now strangers were discussing her as if she were something more than a street-rat.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1582
Profession: Barbarian
Oh and Eggdras will grab a sword if available.....

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:32 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 660
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
Dreadnought wrote:
Simon reaches the woman on the bed and sees that she has been bound to it, by her wrists, her ankles tied together. There is blood on her face, and what he thinks is some sort of thumbscrew or similar attached to her left hand.

Assuming the bindings are just rope and not chain, Simon will cut the bindings at her right hand and feet (which is all he can reach and, presumably, all he would have time for in a round).

inlebadger wrote:
[OOC: ... Interesting to note that that a staff swung double handed by a trained fighter is now comparable at armour bypass to a shortsword (d6+1 vs d8).... I do like these new Guard rules...]

[OOC - I have a concern that they diminish a barbarian's berserk ability - a profession that already has very few special abilities is now even less special. I know playing a specific profession should be more about the role you want to play than its competence at any specific task and combat manoeuvres are something that makes DW combat a little less "grindy" but I think berserk probably needs to be reviewed to be balanced with these stances, such as automatically countering, for example - but this is a conversation for another thread!]

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:44 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 572
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
inlebadger wrote:
[OOC: I’m assuming these monks are in chain mail rather than full plate? Interesting to note that that a staff swung double handed by a trained fighter is now comparable at armour bypass to a shortsword (d6+1 vs d8).... I do like these new Guard rules...]


It's hard to know for certain what any of them are wearing under their robes, but you doubt any are in full plate. Chain seems more likely, but it's possible some aren't armoured at all.

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:09 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 572
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
DOWNSTAIRS

Eggdras can pick up the sword dropped by the monk that fell. Standard sword, (d8,4) by the looks of it.

The Lady Knight shouts "Let us pass!" as she swings at the monk who is on the left at the base of the stairs. He parries her blow. Osric, even with your rudimentary training, you are sure she has targeted him in order to give you - or anybody else assisting her - the chance to put the right wall at your side, meaning you have less reason to fear being attacked from the side.

You haven't time to get into position immediately, so for this round, she faces attacks from both the monks. She blocks the one on the left, but the one on the right manages to slip his blade under her arm and she grunts in pain.

Again the Heavyset Warrior and the Monk he is fighting parry each other.

Osric and Eggdras would both have the chance to take up a position on either the right or left side of the Lady Knight - on her left, it would be possible to engage the right Monk, on her right, it would be possible to engage either the left or right monk.

UPSTAIRS

Simon has cut the bond on the woman's right wrist. As he moves to cut the bonds at her feet, she reaches over to try and free her left hand.

The Nun is looking at Emily quite carefully. So is the Monk. The Nun speaks. "She seems too old..."

"The untouched age quickly" says the lady on the bed.

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:49 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1606
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Fear slowly gives way to something else...anger...if she's of value then they won't kill her...if they won't kill her then she wants some damn answers...

" Too old for bloody what??"

" Whats untouched when its at home?"

" Who are you people?"

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group