Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:41 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:17 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1595
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Acoma wrote:
Alistair uncertainly readies his sword by his side in response to the woman's wink, and asks Honeysuckle where she wants to take Emily.

[OOC - Damian, what's Alistair's relationship to Emily?]


OOC: She knows him in passing, pretty much the same as Eggdras. They're two boys who haven't tried to get handsy so in her book they're a step up from most she knows. Casual aquaintances.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:21 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1595
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Emily waited but she nodded slightly to the woman on the bed.

" So are you boggans? Or brownies? Or piskies?"

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:31 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1571
Profession: Barbarian
Eggdras jumps out of the way with open eyes and a shocked expression. He briefly moves to smother the fire before realizing it didn't set anything alight.

"Emily! EMILY!! WHERE THE **** ARE YOU?!?!"


Can we tell which room they went to ?

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
Dreadnought wrote:
As Simon graps the latch on the door behind him he realises this is an extremely solid door - so solid, it could be the door to some sort of strong room.

Did the door give at all when he tried the latch (i.e., is it somehow locked or might it open with a shove)?

Dreadnought wrote:
His feelings about the sword... yes, he does feel drawn somehow to this place, but whether it was the sword that drew him or something else... he cannot tell.

[OOC - Honestly, I have no idea where I'm going with this and can only apologise if I've taken one-too-many diabolical liberties with the sword, but I figured Simon's exceptional intelligence probably makes him an overthinker, possibly with some burgeoning neuroses not helped by his choice of extra-curricular reading material, which would probably be enough to make anyone go a little left-field. Happy to reign it in if it's too much, tho...]

Dreadnought wrote:
She kneels next to the body. "Oh, Berenice, you were too good for this world. I cannot fight on without you. But if you were alive, then I would certainly be about to attack this woman, and I would hope the youngsters would attack the man when I did." Again, the wink she offers is very obvious.

Simon is well aware that Berenice is merely pretending to be dead and that the lady's inspection of her fallen sister will have revealed the deception to her as clearly as it did to Simon. Simon is in no doubt that the lady plans to surprise Honeysuckle, but unsure how he will react - attack Stinkweed as directed or lock himself in the strong room? As Simon debates the options in his head, his mind is suddenly flooded with the vision of the monk's lifeless and blood-soaked body impaled on the flat grey blade and the hilt pulses with tingling vibrations in his hand - perhaps the blade is purring or perhaps it is just Simon's trembling hand momentarily loosening its grip? And then Simon remembers how Stinkweed had tortured the lady on the bed and resolves that, even if just as an act of justice for that cowardly act, when the lady charges Honeysuckle, Simon will charge Stinkweed.

Simon steels his nerve, redoubles his grip on the blade, and tenses his body like a spring, ready to leap at the monk.

[OOC - It feels like we might need another update to the map of where people are standing...]

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:28 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 570
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
Alistair, Simon, and Emily

Simon - the door handle behind you does not give. You believe the door is locked. You stand ready.

Honeysuckle is answering the questions, she's been asked.

"We're none of those things, child. We're people like you who serve the faerie, the elf people. And I would take you to be one of us."

You hear a shout from somewhere outside - it's that boy, Eggdras. "Emily! EMILY!! WHERE THE **** ARE YOU?!?!"

You all have a chance to answer.

Eggdras and Osric

It seems quite clear that Dynis intends to do her best to skewer the monk. If you wish to act, you may say so, otherwise, I'll assume you are holding back for the moment.

Map shows my idea of your positions - if incorrect, let me know.


Attachments:
DandyLion19thNovember2018.PNG
DandyLion19thNovember2018.PNG [ 507.32 KiB | Viewed 454 times ]

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
[OOC - is the monk not closer to the nun?]

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 570
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
Cobwebbed Dragon wrote:
[OOC - is the monk not closer to the nun?]


No, he's been moving towards the fireplace.

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:20 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
Dreadnought wrote:
Cobwebbed Dragon wrote:
[OOC - is the monk not closer to the nun?]


No, he's been moving towards the fireplace.

[OOC - Thanks for confirming. I'm on the train most of today so will post my full contribution once I'm home tonight]

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1571
Profession: Barbarian
Eggdras swallows. With an extreme feeling of guilt, he makes his decision to help the woman. He's reluctant to kill anyone unless they attack him first, and without clear evidence of civilian wounding, he's wondering why he's getting drawn into someones fight. But he'll take out the monk, since he's fighting a woman.

All out attack on the monk the woman is facing, unless he's getting in the way.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm
Posts: 39
Profession: Mystic
After a round's hesitation, Osric will advance up the corridor quickly but cautiously, looking out for anyone else who might be there, and regularly checking behind him.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group