Dragon Warriors
http://forum.libraryofhiabuor.net/

Live Thread: The Game Runs Here
http://forum.libraryofhiabuor.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=387
Page 7 of 22

Author:  inlebadger [ Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Live Thread: The Game Runs Here

Fight?

The last thing Osric needs right now is to get caught up in some tavern brawl. He grips his staff tightly, stammers a hurried apology to Eggdras and begins to head for the door. [assuming there’s even time for all these exchanges]

Author:  Dreadnought [ Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Live Thread: The Game Runs Here

inlebadger wrote:
Also, a pedant wonders: should these Stealth rolls not all be 2d10?]


Yes, if we were doing direct checks versus PERCEPTION. But I like using just straight d20 rolls in a lot of cases just to get a quick idea of what is going on and moving the action along.

In this case, people who are using STEALTH are trying to be inconspicuous in a situation where nobody is particularly intent on watching them specifically - the Monks are certainly keeping an eye on the room, but as far as you know are not particularly focused on any of you.

If they were, hypothetically, I might well be rolling STEALTH versus PERCEPTION rolls on 2d10 behind the scenes...

Author:  Kharille [ Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Live Thread: The Game Runs Here

Eggdras will appear to be the civilian he is.

OOC: 13 monks, must be some other force attackign them.

Author:  Acoma [ Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Live Thread: The Game Runs Here

OOC: where's Simon off to? Alistair's following.

Author:  Dreadnought [ Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Live Thread: The Game Runs Here

This is my understanding of the situation. Speak up if you disagree.

Emily has left the table and has moved through the room towards the stairs. She has reached the foot of the stairs.

Simon is following. He has attracted Alistair's attention and Alistair is also following.

Osric is heading for the front door. This is almost the same direction as the foot of the stairs.

Eggdras is remaining at the corner table (and, yes, Eggdras can have a sack).

The monk Osric attempted conversation with is somewhat androgynous yes, but not to the extent that you doubt he's male. Delicate features, very attractive. You cannot see if he is wearing anything under his robes but it seems quite possible - he looks a little more heavyset than his face would suggest.

Your movement is not impeded - at least no more than in any other crowded room, but you are sure the monks are paying attention to where people are in the room. Sitting at the bar is a well dressed woman in leathers. You think she's also become aware of the monks' presence. As you move and watch, she comes slowly but smoothly to her feet and puts his hand on the hilt of her sword. You are guessing she's at least a gentlewoman and knight, if not a noble lady - such people are not all that rare in Ongus - Simon has heard that at least two percent of the city's population hold some sort of title.

You get the feeling other people in the room are becoming alert as well - you have the feeling a lot of them will look to this woman for leadership if things go badly. But she seems to be waiting for the moment.

By tradition, any free man or woman in Ongus is allowed to bear a blade, and quite a number of people do at least carry a long dagger or short sword as part of their daily wear - whether they are well trained with it or not is entirely another question. Carrying something like a great sword is legal but slightly ostentatious for daily wear. The point is, there are a lot of armed people in this inn.

Author:  Damian May [ Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Live Thread: The Game Runs Here

Emily mounted the stairs quickly trying to get up and out of whatever happened next.

Author:  Cobwebbed Dragon [ Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Live Thread: The Game Runs Here

Simon will ignore the lady at the bar and follow the girl that was at their table up the stairs.

Simon does not have his shortsword with him (he typically only carries it if he is out at night or when he is frequenting a less salubrious area of the city), so is armed only with his Dagger, should it come to that.

Author:  inlebadger [ Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Live Thread: The Game Runs Here

As he pushes through the crowd, Osric now sees the other monks by each window and begins to realise just how sinister they are.

He rounds the corner of the bar, just in time to see Simon and Alistair slip through the last of the crowd ontothe stairs, but also notes the monks at the door, the Lady standing right in front of him, and the tense crowd between the two. He realises a little too late that, rather than escaping a fight, he seems to have walked right into the heart of one. He pauses at the corner to take stock, notes the door to the back room and pauses to see what happens next.

He has his long knife at his side but has never used a blade in earnest in spite of considerable sparring. Instead he grips his walking staff tightly in both hands in case of sudden trouble.

Author:  Kharille [ Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Live Thread: The Game Runs Here

Eggdras doesn't expect he will be fighting monks. But he wonders who else might be interested in a fight. Looks like this bar might not be intact next time he comes here. He savours a few more mouthfuls of his cider, and a waits in anticipation.

Author:  Dreadnought [ Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Live Thread: The Game Runs Here

The party is now divided. Emily, Simon, and Alistair have reached the top of the stairs and are on the first floor, Emily slightly ahead of the others. None of you have even been on this floor before but you would assume it contains guest rooms.

The area at the top of the stairs is fairly shadowed - a corridor runs the length of the building (roughly north to south - on the floorplan of the first floor I shared, east is at the top of the map) ending in a large window. You can see three doors along the right wall of that corridor each separate by some wall, and an open space just after the second doors. On the left wall, you can see three doors, one quite close to you, two next to each other a way along the wall - this wall is interupted by an opening about two thirds along its length, before it continues to the external (northern) wall.

To the east, there is an open area - doors are on it's left side and you can see a corridor turning off the right. A window gives light in this area.

You are all roughly at location 1 on the attached map. At location 2, you can see one of the blue robe monks standing with his back to you, looking out of the window. There is a corridor immediately to his east.

Downstairs, Eggdras remains at the table. Osric stands near the bar, and also near the stairs. Nothing significant has changed. The Lady Knight seems to still be assessing the situation - and some of the other people in the inn are definitely towards her, as if waiting for some sort of command. You don't feel like this is anything organised - just a recognition by a number of people that something is happening and somebody will need to take charge.

Attachments:
Dandy Lion Inn First Floor - game in progress.PNG
Dandy Lion Inn First Floor - game in progress.PNG [ 374.73 KiB | Viewed 552 times ]

Page 7 of 22 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/