Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:05 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:47 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1595
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Pretending that she is ignoring the monk completely Emily makes a hard left and attempts to dart through the open door.

Reflexes: 1d20 9 Reflexes 16.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:03 pm 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm
Posts: 39
Profession: Mystic
Osric bites his lip so hard he can taste blood and the cold rush of adrenaline washes over him. He's feels he has finally been called upon to prove his mettle. If trouble starts, he’ll show them all.

And yet, fighting against monks...?

And his companions at the table? They seemed to run up those stairs with some purpose. And that young girl Emily had said there would be violence. Did they know something of all this perhaps?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
Simon is relieved that the girl has fled to safety and he is of a mind to do the same, although the presence of Alistair is as comforting for Simon as he hopes his was for the girl and is giving him some additional confidence. Simon is also aware that there are plenty of directions in which to run, should the advantage Simon feels Alistair and he currently have swing back in the monk's favour.

Secretly, Simon has an inkling this might be an opportunity for some light mischief, although his hackles are warning him that whatever the monks are planning might be on a scale that goes far beyond juvenile pranking and that he should be wary of being drawn into the monks' schemes. Simon is not currently listening to that voice of caution and holds his ground, tentatively waiting for the monk to respond, hoping the monk might yet be engaged in conversation.

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:04 pm 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Posts: 172
Location: Albion
Profession: Sorcerer
[OOC - OK so are Simon and Alistair just standing opposite the monk, staring at him?]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
Acoma wrote:
[OOC - OK so are Simon and Alistair just standing opposite the monk, staring at him?]

[OOC - I'm not entirely sure how time is being tracked. It doesn't feel like any time has passed since Simon engaged the Monk in conversation (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=387&start=70#p5975) so I don't think the pause is particularly pregnant yet. Emily has always been an action ahead of Simon so I'm interpreting Emily's move to the room down the left corridor as happening at the same time as Simon's question to the monk.]

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:16 pm 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Posts: 172
Location: Albion
Profession: Sorcerer
[OOC - thanks]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 570
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
Yes, less than a second has passed since Emily darted to the left. The Monk seems surprised at her sudden swiftness. He raises his right hand and begins the motions which both of you recognise as the beginnings of casting a spell. Simon and Alistair can both react, Alistair will act before Simon unless he deliberately chooses not to.

(The Monk's spell, whatever it is, will likely take effect before either of yours, but you have the chance to start acting now - subsequent rounds will be handled with standard Reflex order. You can also choose to see what the Monk's spell does before you act if you wish - it probably won't have a negative impact if you do, because as I say, whatever happens now, the Monk's spell will take effect, before your actions. It's basically a matter of whether you act immediately or wait three seconds (half a round).)

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:10 am 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Posts: 172
Location: Albion
Profession: Sorcerer
Alistair puts his hand on his dagger and calmly asks the monk what he is doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:16 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
Simon doesn't really know how to react to this - on one hand, he's curious to see someone else casting a spell (something he's never seen before) and is taking great interest in the monk's gestures, but he's also seen enough woodcuts of some of the more terrifying (possibly exaggerated) effects of magic in some of the books and scrolls he's read to know he should probably run away at this point. Alistair's calmness settles Simon a little but he's tensing ready to follow the girl into the room with haste, if needs be.

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:35 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 570
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
The Monk does not respond to questioning. He gestures and a wall of flame is thrown up blocking the short corridor, Emily just ran down.

Simon, you realise immediately that the fire is not real. There's no sound or smell of smoke. It is some sort of illusion, perhaps an Image spell - although the language the Monk used was not the language of magic as you understand it.

For the moment, Alistair believes the fire to be very real.

(Rolls revealed as somebody passed - I would have kept them secret for the moment if both had failed

1 in 20 chance to disbelieve pyrotechnics (succeed on 1): 1d20 6

1 in 20 chance to disbelieve pyrotechnics (succeed on 1): 1d20 1

Emily has gone through the door - just (location 4). You're looking at quite a nice room. A double bed with nightstands. A couch, a table with chairs, and a desk with chairs, too. There are curtains covering openings in the wall just to your right. Ahead of you, you can see the open door to the balcony.

There are four people in the room. Two are dressed in the blue robes of the monks. One stands near the double bed, one stands near the door to the balcony. A middle aged woman in mail armour lies bleeding on the floor. Blood is still flowing, and she is breathing but is barely conscious at best. Lying on the bed is a woman or about the same age. She is wearing a tunic and hose, almost exactly the same blue as the monk's robes, but they are stained with blood. The monk near the bed is pointing a sword at her, and you do not think he has seen you. The one at the window - is not a monk. Perhaps a nun? Hood thrown back, she is definitely female, and would be stunningly attractive if not for the expression of utter cruelty on her face. She has definitely noticed your entrance. She has a sword held in her hand, but it is pointing towards the floor at the moment.


Attachments:
Dandy Lion Inn First Floor - game in progress3.PNG
Dandy Lion Inn First Floor - game in progress3.PNG [ 512.07 KiB | Viewed 621 times ]

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group