Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:45 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:32 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 296
Profession: Knight
As Sten looks up at Serpent-Tongue, wondering just why the rider’s mouth was stained green, he sees the blackcloaked leader give an almost imperceptible shrug, his shoulders slumping a little.

Lucky is spurred into action as he sees some of the cultists take the battle in hand, drawing their swords. Lucky races to the nearest and swipes at him, but sadly misses.

Calder hops his daddy armour and shield protect him, as he joins Lucky to the front, taking another black-clad ruffian into combat. He swings a mighty blow, but the rapscallion darts out the way. Calder notices as he moves just how muddy the fellow is.

Laila just stared at the folks blocking the road in disgust, " Well, is one of you cowards going to come at me or nej?"
She bit the inside of her cheek and spat blood onto the ground in challenge.
Two of them took her at her word and ran towards the frothing-mouthed maiden. She hit at one with her seax, but the cur blocked the blow.

“What are you doing there, little man?” hissed Serpent-Tongue to Sten. “Are you that eager to join me that you race to my embrace?” Serpent-Tongue shifts in his seat, moving closer to Sten. Sten smells the rankness coming off Serpent-Tongue, his breath venomous.

Godric looses an arrow towards the men moving forward, yet it misses, sweeping past a black hood.

Bretwald is incensed at the foulness he sees before him, and steps into the fray, swinging his staff left and right about him. That is to no avail. Perhaps this is not his forte.

You all work out what Jharak’s forte is. His fingers tracing wyrd sigils in the air, he shouts “For our lady. All must serve her.” A bolt of fire singes through the air, hitting Bretwald. The priest drops to the ground, rolling to stop his robes being set aflame. The tubby sorcerer hisses at you, the once amiable look upon his face gone, replaced with sheer hate!

Sten grabs the rim of his shield and attempts to lever it on Serpent-Tongue’s saddle to force him to the ground. He levers it successfully, pushing Serpent-Tongue down. With cat-like grace, he manages to arrest his fall a little, but crouches on the ground (rather than rolling on the floor). The whimsical look on his face is gone, now his mouth has a sneer on it as well as green spittle frothing his mouth.

You’re all astounded by the sheer ineptitude of the blackclad gang as they fail to land hits upon you. Apart from Calder whose daddy armour isn’t up to the task set it. Yet his shield is true, and blocks the blow.

Inexplicably, the watchers in the woods make no move towards any of you, merely lurking by, hid in vegetation. What doth transpire here?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:29 pm 
Offline
4th Rank
4th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:12 am
Posts: 103
Profession: Knight
Sten steps forward. "You are a sick, sick man. When you have a sick dog, you put it down..."

He then swings his sword down

1d20 1
5 points of damage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:20 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1814
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Laila grinned a bloody grin, " Well theres some skill here. Try this on!" but she already knew he would duck the blow. She brought her shield up.

ATT 16 - DEF ?: 1d20 18

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:49 am 
Offline
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:32 pm
Posts: 62
Profession: Barbarian
Corvin silently curses the foolishness that led to trusting Jharak Grim. Him stumbling upon the party in the night was all too convenient! The situation looks desperate so praying his Weaken spell affected Snaketongue to help Sten overcome him, Corvin realises he will have to reveal his powers to his companions.

Corvin points his hand at the traitor Jharak and unleashes a torrent of liquid fire with a Dragonbreath spell to burn him to a charred corpse! Corvin hopes that the surprise attack will leave Jharak flat footed and unable to evade the blast...

OOC hopefully 7HP damage if Jharak is unarmoured!
# 1
Details:[d6 (1)]

``` Bugger! Was hoping for a better roll!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:16 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 385
Profession: Warlock
Despite his poor blow and the near miss, Calder continues striking with his blade. “Damn the traitor,” he grunts though he focuses his attack on his opponent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:23 am 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:43 pm
Posts: 11
Profession: Knight
Lucky adjusts his grip and tries again to stab his foe. "To the pit with you, blackguard!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:30 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 296
Profession: Knight
Lucky adjusts his grip and tries again to stab his foe. "To the pit with you, blackguard!"
His opponent fails to block Lucky’s spear strike and it tears through his cloak and perhaps some of his flesh.

Corvin silently curses the foolishness that led to trusting Jharak Grim. Him stumbling upon the party in the night was all too convenient! The situation looks desperate so praying his Weaken spell affected Snaketongue to help Sten overcome him, Corvin realises he will have to reveal his powers to his companions.

Corvin points his hand at the traitor Jharak and unleashes a torrent of liquid fire with a Dragonbreath spell to burn him to a charred corpse! Corvin hopes that the surprise attack will leave Jharak flat footed and unable to evade the blast...

Yet Jharak must have had some secret sense about him as he moves, most of the blast missing him.
Corvin has some choice words to say about this.

Despite his poor blow and the near miss, Calder continues striking with his blade. “Damn the traitor,” he grunts though he focuses his attack on his opponent. He will surely strike the traitor soon.

Laila grinned a bloody grin, " Well there's some skill here. Try this on!" but she already knew he would duck the blow. She brought her shield up.

Godric’s bow aims true as he looses as an arrow into the fray, hitting a black clad fellow.

Sten steps forward. "You are a sick, sick man. When you have a sick dog, you put it down..."
He then swings his sword down, hitting Serpent-Tongue a resounding blow.


Bretwald puts any remnants of flame on him out, and rises to his feet, using his staff as a crutch.

The cursed turncoat, Jharak, lets loose another flow of sorcerous flame, this time at another of his past fellows, Calder. Those of you watching him see his face draw a rictus of pure hate, as the flame passes close to Calder, lightly singing him. (OOC – Calder. 1 HP damage)

The black clad men continue to engage you all in combat, yet either through their ineptitude or your skill, none of their blows take hold.

Serpent-Tongue raises himself to his feet. (Sten, you’re not sure, but you feel that his wound may have filled him with some sort of wicked glee). He draws close to Sten, and attempts a blow to match the knight’s, but he fails! Pursing his lips, he expectorates a blob of green phlegm towards Sten. It is sure that he meant it for Sten’s face, yet happily for the knight, it misses him and falls to the ground, where it hisses and bubbles in an alarming manner.

Those who hide in the bushes don’t reveal themselves, but those who are near hear a large amount of banging and pushing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:35 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1814
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Laila suddenly leapt forward driving her seax hard toward the face of one of her foes.


ATT 16 - DEF ?: 1d20 3
ABR: 1d8 5

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:25 am 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 385
Profession: Warlock
Calder is worried as he missed but when the enemy missed, he secretly cheers.
Jumping, he slashses at the enemy but the slight fear causes him to miss.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:33 am 
Offline
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:32 pm
Posts: 62
Profession: Barbarian
Is Corvin close enough to close with Jharak and stab him with his shortsword?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group