Dragon Warriors
http://forum.libraryofhiabuor.net/

2.2 Off to the Dell
http://forum.libraryofhiabuor.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=667
Page 1 of 9

Author:  SimonB [ Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:11 pm ]
Post subject:  2.2 Off to the Dell

The lad guides you all to as near Hob's Dell as he dare, and receives his reward gratefully.

Following the signs he described to you, you pass a lightning-split oak and wend your way beside a gurgling brook, and in about an hour you reach Hob’s Dell.
A sea of freezing fog hangs here, filling the air with a damp animal reek. You find a fence of iron railings higher than your heads, sturdy despite its rust. Following this a little way, you see a few gaps where the railings are broken or rusted away, though none large enough for a man to squeeze through.

Soon you arrive at the gate in this fence. Close by you notice a possible clue to the tax collector’s fate: a bloodied tatter of cloth hangs from one of the fence’s sharp spikes.
The gate is fastened shut with a heavy chain on which hangs a large black crucifix. Beyond the railings you see only the impenetrable blanket of the mist....

The six of you consider the situation... Laila, Lucky, Max, Calder, Sten, and Corvin Rath.

(Drystan electing to stay behind.)

Author:  Nigelor [ Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2.2 Off to the Dell

Pointing to the bloody cloth Corvin muses “is the simplest explanation the right one here? Foul play or just bad luck? Of course it would be on this fence wouldn’t it? Shall we climb over?”

Author:  Strellers [ Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2.2 Off to the Dell

Nigelor wrote:
Pointing to the bloody cloth Corvin muses “is the simplest explanation the right one here? Foul play or just bad luck? Of course it would be on this fence wouldn’t it? Shall we climb over?”


Remembering the time he’d witnessed a friend, after one too many ales, impale his Crown Jewels on a similarly spiked fence during Max winced inwardly.

Taking up Corvin’s suggestion he makes to climb/vault over the obstacle.

Author:  Damian May [ Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2.2 Off to the Dell

Laila examines the gaps in the fence, none are large enough for a man....but she is no man.

She also notes that this is a lot of iron going to rust and wonders at who built it......

Author:  SimonB [ Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2.2 Off to the Dell

>>> Is it but the one of you who wants to make it over the fence?

Author:  Nigelor [ Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2.2 Off to the Dell

Corvin waits for Max to hop the fence or gives him a boost over as required. He then climbs over carefully.

Author:  Joshua [ Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2.2 Off to the Dell

Sten is not to keen on climbing the fence looks to see if he is able to force one of the gaps to be larger.

Author:  SimonB [ Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2.2 Off to the Dell

Up up and over goes Max, aided by Corvin. Quite ably assisted. There's only a brief moment when Max thinks he might get a spike in the fundament. Then he's over. Corvin climbs over well enough, while Lucky slips through the bars followed by Laila who with a wriggle and a squirm makes it just through.

Sten faces the bars -- will he be able to bend them? Only a d20 roll will tell!

What you can see, as you are now within the Dell is not much. Wisps of fog and mist swirl around you, damply caressing your faces. A chill fills the air.

The mist leaves little visible -- save for among the tangled weeds bordering the Dell you see a cracked stone slab. The resemblance to a sarcophagus is unmistakable. Some words are carved into the face of the slab, so badly weathered that you can hardly make them out: QUIESCO MANEO CUSTODIO

Do you want to open it? Or mayhap follow the crude stones path that leads further into the Dell? Wait for Sten?

Author:  Nigelor [ Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2.2 Off to the Dell

Can Corvin read the inscription?

An INT check perhaps?


GM Note. What languages does Corvin have? Bacchile? Let's have a roll.

Author:  SimonB [ Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2.2 Off to the Dell

Stuttering over his schoolboy Bacchile, Corvin attempts to translate but fails at the first hurdle. Maximus, however, manages to work it out as “To rest, to wait, to guard.”

Whether he shares that information is up to him.

On the other side of the bars, Sten, in a great feat of strength, manages to bend the bars enough to slip through. Well, slip through, if he weren't clad in armour.


(Not sure what Calder is doing? Anyone seen Stormrider?)

Page 1 of 9 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/