Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:47 pm 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Dropped in to say hello.

I'm Andy, 41, living in the West Midlands of the UK because my wife is a post-grad at the University of Warwick.

I have been playing Dragon Warriors since it was first published. I bought the first book about the same time as one of my brothers was given the red box Basic D&D set for Christmas; we preferred Dragon Warriors and as I was the eldest I got to run it.

I was delighted when the game was republished and took the opportunity to introduce my wife to it; she's an American so she had never even heard of it. Of course she fell in love with the game and the setting immediately: "I wish I'd known about this when I lived in the US."

I am currently running a campaign for my wife and a few friends, and I will post an entry in the "Last Campaign you ran/are running?" thread to say a bit more about it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:43 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Glad to have you with us. Don't mind the amount of verbal violence, these guys are cool if you don't mind the blood rage enhanced arguments. Just minor differences in opinion between amiable friends....

....no really...

*Raises shield*

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:57 pm 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Heh. :D

Thanks. It seems pretty laid back compared to some other RPG forums!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:24 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Welcome Darksun and Doctor Doom!

I think we're a really civil bunch here. You should see how people talk on the Stardestroyer.net forum!

Mind you, that Kharille guy is a total jerk.

JOKE! :D

Cheers,

-Kyle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:04 am 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Knight
Hi Guys,

I'm Daniel, from Melbourne Australia.

I began playing Dragon Warriors in 1987 (age 10) after a friend bought me book 3 of the series because he thought it was a solo gamebook of some kind. After that I immediately tracked down book 1 & 2 and began GMimg for a group of friends; and we didn't stop for a very long time (our last game was in around 2009 or so, which is a pretty good run) - since then I've been tragically DW free.

I recently became reacquainted with DW at Pandacon in Melbourne and was pointed in the direction of this forum; it's great to see that there's still a community out there of players. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:46 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Welcome aboard Daniel!

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:31 am 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Hiya all!

I'm Australian (Tasmania), female, and I was 16 in '86 when the Corgi books came out so you can figure my age out from there for yourselves. Played in a long running DW PbP game elsewhere and followed the links to here (Thanks Damian!), used to play and GM it Tabletop some years ago. I am way too fond of Sorcerers as a Profession, and Dishearten is my favorite spell, but Greater Healing has been the one most used in play.

I have no published writings for DW to my name, but I do have some experience of game hacking, and am greedily devouring what free resources for the system I can find. Other than that, I'm an ex-office worker trying to turn writer, a mother of two children and happily in a long term relationship. I live for music, read too many books, am prone to research any subject at random if it catches my interest, laugh at the wrong jokes and am notably fond of cats.

Wanders off to read further...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
DarkMum wrote:
Hiya all!

I'm Australian (Tasmania), female, and I was 16 in '86 when the Corgi books came out so you can figure my age out from there for yourselves. Played in a long running DW PbP game elsewhere and followed the links to here (Thanks Damian!), used to play and GM it Tabletop some years ago. I am way too fond of Sorcerers as a Profession, and Dishearten is my favorite spell, but Greater Healing has been the one most used in play.

I have no published writings for DW to my name, but I do have some experience of game hacking, and am greedily devouring what free resources for the system I can find. Other than that, I'm an ex-office worker trying to turn writer, a mother of two children and happily in a long term relationship. I live for music, read too many books, am prone to research any subject at random if it catches my interest, laugh at the wrong jokes and am notably fond of cats.

Wanders off to read further...

Welcome!

I love the word play of the Dishearten spell. Rarely had a Sorcerer who could cast it though.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:18 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Welcome Darkmum. I love sorcerers too!

I once had a player in my high school group who loved dishearten. I'd call him a "disruptor". Not a serious player at all, more of a "troll" as we'd say today, who rolled up a character and then sought every opportunity to mess with the story or the other players. I awarded XP like water in those days of inexperience (heh!) and once he was a the right level, which didn't take long, he would use the dreaded spell left and right, often to the detriment of his own party or the plot. For example, in one campaign I had a politician (town councilman type) delivering a speech in the town square. The story required that an NPC make an assassination attempt on this guy, which the players would be able to thwart and set the plot in motion. Unfortunately, this player disheartened him instead. Never has a story gone off the rails so quickly...

Cheers,

-Kyle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:12 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Hey Darkmum!

You are finally here! *wave*

Sorcerer is my favorite profession! Don't have a single favorite spell though. I am much more interested instead to discover and use spells creatively to produce unexpected outcomes and benefits.

If this piques your interest, check out the thread Creative use of spells:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=266

And yup, I seldom have a character powerful enough to use Dishearten as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next