A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:58 am 
4th Rank
4th Rank

Profession: Knight
Damian May wrote:
Well we could always do a Hudristania Netbook, do you have a town/area detailed? If I remember rightly about that game there was definetely enough there for a regional gazeteer and adventures....theres probably a bunch of stuff of mine on the Wiki that is drawn from Slavic/Hungarian folklore to be of use to you as well.

:)

Yeah I may the original dragon warriors approach of providing detail on a small region rather than an entire country. That leaves room to grow things in future and also still leaves room for each individual GMs imagination.

So Yes I think I may start building this, although with all things DW, it will be a long slow process!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:55 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
8-) 8-) 8-)

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:33 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Sorcerer
rumtap wrote:
It’s been a little while between drinks but I thought I’d hop on here to see what’s happening in the DW world. Sadly it looks like there has been very little official activity since the Players Book was released.

Does anyone have any news to share?

The current licence for Dragon Warriors is due to revert back to Dave M in November this year, so whether the Summoner's or Reeve's Tales will see the light of day before then, I don't know. I'd like to think SKG would be able to issue the adventures before then, simply for the sake of the authors who put so much of their time into their development (not to mention the faith they've invested in SKG), but there's nothing on SKG's blog about it - certainly nothing material on there since their announcement back in May 2015 that the Players' Guide is available (there was a comment made in July 2015 that both adventures would probably take "a month" to get ready for publishing and then another comment that The Reeve's Tale would likely be first, but that was back in September, with no further indication of timings).

On a positive note, the adventure that Damian mentioned is available here:

http://cobwebbedforest.co.uk/library/ad ... davemorris

I also have a wealth of Brymstone material that I'm massaging into something that will be available from the Forest, too - whether I also make it available (free) on DriveThru, I'd need to look into.

And my next project is a full and original ten-adventure campaign, although that's still in outline at the moment and would need to be playtested by my group before I'd share it more widely, so that's at least a couple of years away. There will be other minor updates and downloads available from the Forest over the coming months, though, which I'll post about in the Cobwebbed Forest thread (viewtopic.php?t=30) when they happen.

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:33 am 
4th Rank
4th Rank

Profession: Knight
Cobwebbed Dragon wrote:

The current licence for Dragon Warriors is due to revert back to Dave M in November this year, so whether the Summoner's or Reeve's Tales will see the light of day before then, I don't know. I'd like to think SKG would be able to issue the adventures before then, simply for the sake of the authors who put so much of their time into their development (not to mention the faith they've invested in SKG), but there's nothing on SKG's blog about it - certainly nothing material on there since their announcement back in May 2015 that the Players' Guide is available (there was a comment made in July 2015 that both adventures would probably take "a month" to get ready for publishing and then another comment that The Reeve's Tale would likely be first, but that was back in September, with no further indication of timings).

On a positive note, the adventure that Damian mentioned is available here:

http://cobwebbedforest.co.uk/library/ad ... davemorris

I also have a wealth of Brymstone material that I'm massaging into something that will be available from the Forest, too - whether I also make it available (free) on DriveThru, I'd need to look into.

And my next project is a full and original ten-adventure campaign, although that's still in outline at the moment and would need to be playtested by my group before I'd share it more widely, so that's at least a couple of years away. There will be other minor updates and downloads available from the Forest over the coming months, though, which I'll post about in the Cobwebbed Forest thread (viewtopic.php?t=30) when they happen.

Don't forget to breath!!

I've spent a lot of time on your site recently downloading player aids. So much easier than flipping through the book every time...

I wonder what will happen when the license goes back. I guess we fans are a niche market so not overly profitable for any potential publishers to target.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:41 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Sorcerer
rumtap wrote:
I've spent a lot of time on your site recently downloading player aids. So much easier than flipping through the book every time...

I'm so glad you're finding the player aids useful - other than quick reference sheets for the professions in the Players' Guide, there's nothing else in that area on my to-do list, so if there's something you would find useful during gameplay, just let me know and I'll get onto it - I'm always happy to take requests.

rumtap wrote:
I wonder what will happen when the license goes back. I guess we fans are a niche market so not overly profitable for any potential publishers to target.

Dave has indicated that he'd like to make the DW books available on Amazon to reach a broader market than DriveThru. However, until he knows what he will have the rights to publish, that might just be the original six paperbacks. For example, the Darkness Before Dawn adventure in the back of the new edition of the Dragon Warriors rulebook was written by Frazer Payne, and would not revert back to Dave and Oliver with the original licence. It's the same issue that Serpent King Games has with making In From the Cold available - some of the content was licensed exclusively to Mongoose Publishing and did not automatically transfer when SKG took over.

The moral of the tale is to buy everything you want before November...

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!