Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:35 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:51 pm 
Offline
4th Rank
4th Rank

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:22 am
Posts: 122
Location: Chaubrette :)
Profession: Charcoal-Burner
Hi all ! I am re reading the players Guide and concerning the following text I have a question :

"Rights and Benefits: The Ner-Ganzer use trail
markers to point to dangers and caches of materials.
These trail markers are sometimes woven into
clothing to mark agents of the order."

What does mean the last sentence? (Sorry for my poor english, but my usual translation tools did not satisfy me : english in french)

Thanks, :)

_________________
Hi, bonjour
I apologize for my terrible English
, I am from Chaubrette and am over 30 , )))


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:10 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:01 am
Posts: 242
Location: Albion
Profession: Priest
Ces marques* sont parfois cousus (ou tissés) dans les vetements pour identifier les agents de l'Ordre.

* Des marques de sentier (ou signaux routiers / de piste)? Je ne suis pas entièrement sur comment traduire cela.

Please excuse my bad French (and I can't work out how to type accents).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:57 pm 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Posts: 139
Location: Albion
Profession: Sorcerer
To type accents - press CTRL + SHIFT + U (gives you a little underlined 'u' character), then type the Unicode for the character (the stuff after the 'U+') and hit enter.

Hope this helps :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
4th Rank
4th Rank

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:22 am
Posts: 122
Location: Chaubrette :)
Profession: Charcoal-Burner
Starkad wrote:
Ces marques* sont parfois cousus (ou tissés) dans les vetements pour identifier les agents de l'Ordre.

* Des marques de sentier (ou signaux routiers / de piste)? Je ne suis pas entièrement sur comment traduire cela.

Please excuse my bad French (and I can't work out how to type accents).


Thank you (merci) . Yes trail markers would be literraly "marques ou repères de sentier" and it sounded weird in french when they were "woven into clothing", :).

_________________
Hi, bonjour
I apologize for my terrible English
, I am from Chaubrette and am over 30 , )))


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:14 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:01 am
Posts: 242
Location: Albion
Profession: Priest
Quote:
...and it sounded weird in french when they were "woven into clothing"

Sounded a bit weird in English too. I'm guessing it's just the symbols, subtly woven in the pattern.

Quote:
To type accents - press CTRL + SHIFT + U (gives you a little underlined 'u' character), then type the Unicode for the character (the stuff after the 'U+') and hit enter.

I'll have to try that. ALT GR + letter gives the "acute" accent...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group