Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:56 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Cobwebbed Dragon wrote:
hermes421 wrote:
Do you have a background for Brymstone and all the landmarks (villages...) we see on it?

Sadly, no. Dave Morris has hinted on his blog that a Dragon Warriors Book 7 might have focused on a Brymstone campaign, but has not released any of the details or original notes (although I can't remember whether this is because he's lost them...). All that he's made available on his blog is the sketch of the area and another sketch of the city of Brymstone itself (http://fabledlands.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/town-of-brymstone.html).

A Thuland sourcebook, complete with a full detailed map of Thuland and a Brymstone campaign would make a fantastic supplement, and one I'd part with a few pennies to own :).

I actually have enough campaign material for a Thuland sourcebook I think.....we could combine everything folks have and make it a forum project....might even be able to get it up on Drivethru for free if we clear it with the SK guys. :)

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
hermes421 wrote:
I think if everytime a book is published about DW, doing what was done with the power of darkness and Glissom would help a lot the Wiki and for promoting the game.

One reason I am reluctant to write too much at the moment about a particular geographic location in Legend is because I fear being 'trumped' by official material. I've seen some comments around about The Knight's Tale where some people have said they prefer the 'fan version' of Algandy, for example - which is fair enough, but once something is written down as fan material, it's reasonably unlikely those ideas are going to wind up in official material (for IP reasons), so we're always likely to get this type of disconnect assuming the game continues and flourishes. Personally I'd like to write some more of the official material but that will, of course, be up to SK.

So the only things I really produce tend to be things I need for my own games. To the extent I can I share them (I've held back some material for reasons I probably need to be careful about mentioning). My version of Ongus, for example, was created because I needed it for my game. Obviously it's unofficial, but being somebody who has read the Players' Guide, I was really happy when I read the details about Ongus in that guide to discover there was nothing in there that contradicted what I'd written. That was happenstance but it does influence what I do online. I would love to write up detailed descriptions of certain areas but I don't want to do so and have them trumped by a later official release - for some reason that matters to me, and it's just further complicated by the fact that it's not impossible I might even be able to pitch for the right to write some of the official material (although another member of this forum could tell you how far behind I sometimes get in my writing by taking on too many projects at once...)

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:33 pm 
4th Rank
4th Rank

Profession: Charcoal-Burner
Damian May wrote:
I actually have enough campaign material for a Thuland sourcebook I think.....we could combine everything folks have and make it a forum project....might even be able to get it up on Drivethru for free if we clear it with the SK guys. :)

I think it will be awsome if you can do that,we need it :D Damian.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:21 am 
4th Rank
4th Rank

Profession: Charcoal-Burner
Dreadnought wrote:
So the only things I really produce tend to be things I need for my own games. To the extent I can I share them (I've held back some material for reasons I probably need to be careful about mentioning).
I would love to write up detailed descriptions of certain areas but I don't want to do so and have them trumped by a later official release

I would like to say humbly you do a great job for the community (I ve readen your website,and a bit your work on the wiki), (and I would be interested if you can share some material).
And I m sure all the ressources would be a great help for everyone here (because the game really needs some).

Since 1985, the world of legends still be not very known (in 30 years, it is very slow...). By the way, about promoting the game , I guess if you write some official material, it will help ( and many people would be sincerely happy for you here) .

cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:50 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

hermes421 wrote:
Damian May wrote:

I think it will be awsome if you can do that,we need it :D Damian.

So do you have any Thuland material you'd like to see included. ;)

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:45 am 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Is it just me missing it, or is there a Thuland supplement waiting for me somewhere on Drivethru :D ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AsenRG wrote:
Is it just me missing it, or is there a Thuland supplement waiting for me somewhere on Drivethru :D ?

Take a look at the 'Brymstone' thread in the 'Fan Projects' forum. It's all still being worked on - and I'm sure some people would be delighted to see more contributors :)

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:00 pm 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Dreadnought wrote:
AsenRG wrote:

Take a look at the 'Brymstone' thread in the 'Fan Projects' forum. It's all still being worked on - and I'm sure some people would be delighted to see more contributors :)

Thank you, I'm going to check it:).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:42 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

AsenRG wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:
AsenRG wrote:

I still have quite a bit of stuff to add to the gdoc from my campaign notes, if you've got any Thulish material it would be appreciated.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:58 pm 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Damian May wrote:
AsenRG wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:

I still have quite a bit of stuff to add to the gdoc from my campaign notes, if you've got any Thulish material it would be appreciated.

I'm afraid it's not in English, and it's not much anyway. A couple local notables and a magic sword are all I've ever needed from Thuland.
I find Algandy, Chaubrette and Ferromaine more fun most of the time, and I like Ereworn and the Eastern Khaganates for the rest of the time that I spend in Legend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next