A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ereworn Coat of Arms
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:01 pm 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Profession: Knave
Does it say anywhere in the canon material what the Ereworn coat of arms actually is?

I saw Shaun's version on his webpage http://www.libraryofhiabuor.net/emblems.html and was wondering if this is his creation or from the books.

Post subject: Re: Ereworn Coat of Arms
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
NickDaniel wrote:
Does it say anywhere in the canon material what the Ereworn coat of arms actually is?

I saw Shaun's version on his webpage http://www.libraryofhiabuor.net/emblems.html and was wondering if this is his creation or from the books.

All my coats of arms are my own creation. The only one that is part of the 'canon' is that of Sir Roderick of Pellard who wound up in 'Friends or Foes' and to a lesser extent that of Albion, because in Sir Roderick's entry, the red lion component of his arms is referred to as that of Albion.

Heraldry has long been a serious hobby of mine, and I put a lot of thought into my coats of arms, but they are only my own ideas, not official.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:30 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
The coat of arms of Ereworn should consist of a wildly unbalanced set of scales on the left side, and a block of cheese on the right. These represent the quality and style of adventures people may expect when they visit.

Cheers,

-Kyle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:55 pm 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

While reading up on the Anarchy of ye olde Norman times, I was fascinated by the earliest references to european heraldry. Why did the Normans select a lion of all things for what seems to have been their first coat of arms? Why did they end up using a red background when the earliest documented reference appears to be a blue-background shield with golden lions? So many questions... without any answers!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:07 am 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Dreadnought wrote:
All my coats of arms are my own creation. The only one that is part of the 'canon' is that of Sir Roderick of Pellard who wound up in 'Friends or Foes' and to a lesser extent that of Albion, because in Sir Roderick's entry, the red lion component of his arms is referred to as that of Albion.

Heraldry has long been a serious hobby of mine, and I put a lot of thought into my coats of arms, but they are only my own ideas, not official.

Shaun, your coats of arms are great. I'll be using them, thanks!

WodenKrait wrote:
The coat of arms of Ereworn should consist of a wildly unbalanced set of scales on the left side, and a block of cheese on the right. These represent the quality and style of adventures people may expect when they visit.

Haha! :lol: Yes, and the standard bearer is wearing a straight jacket and rocking back and forth!

I agree that the Elven Crystals is rather crazy and random, although the new release has made significant effort to tie things together and tighten up the story. Despite this (or because of this?) we are finding it lots of fun. We're treating it as light-hearted and fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:07 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Quote:
I agree that the Elven Crystals is rather crazy and random, although the new release has made significant effort to tie things together and tighten up the story.

I agree actually; my jibe was directed at the original version of TEC. I think the reissue is actually pretty good.

Cheers,

-Kyle