Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:47 pm 
4th Rank
4th Rank

Profession: Charcoal-Burner
Please, tell me you re going to have at less one regional map in it (Algandy, Chaubrette, mercania..).
I know it is long to do some, but it would be great as game ressource.

thank you

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:06 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
We really should do some awesome regional maps for download on Drivethru. ( I love the look and utility of the maps for The One Ring)....maybe Jon H would like to hook some old friends up? :)

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:13 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Sorcerer
Damian May wrote:
We really should do some awesome regional maps for download on Drivethru. ( I love the look and utility of the maps for The One Ring)....maybe Jon H would like to hook some old friends up? :)

There're various companies that will print images onto unframed canvasses. I'm thinking of improving my map of Legend and getting something printed - be a great covering for a gaming table :)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:00 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Cobwebbed Dragon wrote:
Damian May wrote:

There're various companies that will print images onto unframed canvasses. I'm thinking of improving my map of Legend and getting something printed - be a great covering for a gaming table :)

Sounds good. I'm thinking of hopefully seeing something 'official' at some point but that will do in the meantime.

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:23 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Damian May wrote:
Sounds good. I'm thinking of hopefully seeing something 'official' at some point but that will do in the meantime.

Anything official would have to be accompanied by additional background material, otherwise how is it any better than what we currently freely share around the community? Also, given how poor the quality of the reprinted maps have been (anyone else struggled to read the maps in Sleeping Gods?), I'd be reticent about handing over my hard-earned florins for 'just' a map.

And for those folks interested in the canvas print site, check out http://www.photo-canvas.com/unframed-canvas-prints.aspx. They'll do a gaming-table-sized print for about £100. Just imagine a 100cmx170cm* map of Northern Albion sprawled across your gaming table as the characters make their way from Axbridge to Clyster. Anyone else drooling?

*(the size taken from the approximate aspect ratio of the map of Northern Albion available from the Cobwebbed Forest)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon
Now on YouTube!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:00 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Cobwebbed Dragon wrote:
Damian May wrote:

Anything official would have to be accompanied by additional background material, otherwise how is it any better than what we currently freely share around the community? Also, given how poor the quality of the reprinted maps have been (anyone else struggled to read the maps in Sleeping Gods?), I'd be reticent about handing over my hard-earned florins for 'just' a map.

And for those folks interested in the canvas print site, check out http://www.photo-canvas.com/unframed-canvas-prints.aspx. They'll do a gaming-table-sized print for about £100. Just imagine a 100cmx170cm* map of Northern Albion sprawled across your gaming table as the characters make their way from Axbridge to Clyster. Anyone else drooling?

*(the size taken from the approximate aspect ratio of the map of Northern Albion available from the Cobwebbed Forest)

Must have been a bad batch as I have heard others complain about the maps in SG but mine are fine.

I was thinking more of a quality map-pack like the One Ring one. Or perhaps some lower quality free downloads to accompany existing products. :)

100 pounds is a little out of my price range......actually its not, but its certainly out of the price range my better half will sign off on. :D

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:35 am 
4th Rank
4th Rank

Profession: Charcoal-Burner
Quote:
Anything official would have to be accompanied by additional background material, otherwise how is it any better than what we currently freely share around the community?

+1
Damian May wrote:
100 pounds is a little out of my price range......actually its not, but its certainly out of the price range my better half will sign off on. :D

I understand that feeling, ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:53 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Damian May wrote:

I understand that feeling, ;)[/quote]

She and my step-daughter ( its more complicated than that but we'll go with that) are the folks in my Avatar. She's tiny but still not to be crossed. :shock:

co-author Cold Fury

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:08 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Was the (then) contents page for the Players Book put up on the Yahoo site way back when or did I dream it?

Cheers,

-Kyle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
WodenKrait wrote:
Was the (then) contents page for the Players Book put up on the Yahoo site way back when or did I dream it?

There was discussion of it but I don't think it happened.

I did get permission to show it to people at conventions, but not to share it online - I'll ask if it can now be shared online but the one I had won't be entirely accurate (it'd be very close, but during editing we identified a couple of things that needed to change).

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next