Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
I just thought I'd share this photo. I had these two bags made last year to carry my Dragon Warriors kit around in. One has the cover image from the core rulebook on it, one has the cover image from Friends or Foes on it. I chose the first because it's the most iconic DW picture available. I chose the second because I contributed to that book.

The bags are very sturdy and strongly constructed. One holds all my Dragon Warriors books (everything published in the new edition) comfortably. It also typically has my dice bag in it, a copy of Fantasy Wargaming by Bruce Galloway, which I acquired when it was mentioned a while back on Dragwars which I've found to be a wonderful sourcebook for adding flavour to my DW games, and a copy of the original Dragon Warriors book 1 - when I am running games at cons, I like to have both the original Corgi book and the Magnum Opus/Flaming Cobra/Serpent King book displayed - I've had a number of players who remember the old edition from their early years of gaming as a real blast from the past (I also like pointing out the art link between the two editions seen in those covers. It hold all this easily. The second bag is used to carry around my boxes of dungeon tiles I use when I'm using miniatures (I do in some games - I generally make use of a friends large miniature collection when I do, so I don't need a bag for that).

The bags are available for purchase here - http://www.redbubble.com/people/jonnyhodgsonart/collections/190990-dragon-warriors

Just to remove all doubt, I don't get any money if people buy these bags - this is not an ad, but simply me bringing something to the attention of other people who might be interested. This is Jon Hodgson's Redbubble page, and he makes money off these products. As people will know, he has done most of the new edition covers up until now and a lot of the internal art as well (unfortunately, from our perspective, his well deserved success means that's had to change). He's made a number of his Dragon Warriors cover images available at Redbubble - in addition to the core book and Friends or Foes, you can also get the covers of the Bestiary, Sleeping Gods, and the upcoming Players Guide. You can purchase them as prints and posters of various sorts, cushions, and - as I have - bags.

Attachments:
dwbags.jpg
dwbags.jpg [ 84.27 KiB | Viewed 4723 times ]

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:59 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Dreadnought wrote:
I just thought I'd share this photo. I had these two bags made last year to carry my Dragon Warriors kit around in. One has the cover image from the core rulebook on it, one has the cover image from Friends or Foes on it. I chose the first because it's the most iconic DW picture available. I chose the second because I contributed to that book.

The bags are very sturdy and strongly constructed. One holds all my Dragon Warriors books (everything published in the new edition) comfortably. It also typically has my dice bag in it, a copy of Fantasy Wargaming by Bruce Galloway, which I acquired when it was mentioned a while back on Dragwars which I've found to be a wonderful sourcebook for adding flavour to my DW games, and a copy of the original Dragon Warriors book 1 - when I am running games at cons, I like to have both the original Corgi book and the Magnum Opus/Flaming Cobra/Serpent King book displayed - I've had a number of players who remember the old edition from their early years of gaming as a real blast from the past (I also like pointing out the art link between the two editions seen in those covers. It hold all this easily. The second bag is used to carry around my boxes of dungeon tiles I use when I'm using miniatures (I do in some games - I generally make use of a friends large miniature collection when I do, so I don't need a bag for that).

The bags are available for purchase here - http://www.redbubble.com/people/jonnyhodgsonart/collections/190990-dragon-warriors

Just to remove all doubt, I don't get any money if people buy these bags - this is not an ad, but simply me bringing something to the attention of other people who might be interested. This is Jon Hodgson's Redbubble page, and he makes money off these products. As people will know, he has done most of the new edition covers up until now and a lot of the internal art as well (unfortunately, from our perspective, his well deserved success means that's had to change). He's made a number of his Dragon Warriors cover images available at Redbubble - in addition to the core book and Friends or Foes, you can also get the covers of the Bestiary, Sleeping Gods, and the upcoming Players Guide. You can purchase them as prints and posters of various sorts, cushions, and - as I have - bags.

I've seen those at the conventions with you. Is it just carry bags or can they do backpacks and the like?

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damian May wrote:
I've seen those at the conventions with you. Is it just carry bags or can they do backpacks and the like?

As far as I know these are the only bags.

Shaun Hately

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:21 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Also tshirts, yes?

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damian May wrote:
Also tshirts, yes?

Apparently not - the Dragon Warriors t-shirt I have was a friend's idea and has no even semi-official status - that's why it doesn't use any of the official art, only the logo. I only ever wear it to cons.

Shaun Hately

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:18 am 
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Profession: Knave
Those bags look great!