Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: Re: OOC Thread.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:53 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
howareyou wrote:
The party had met her already. Before Ak'kulula joined up. For me, the message appears on page #13 in At the gates of lintombi...

I remember. I just wanted to make sure Ammu had a good enough impression of her to make a convincing Mirage (I should have been clearer in my question...). I know that in real life I'd have a heck of a time accurately recalling the exact appearance of somebody who I'd only met once at a distance, let alone well enough to make a rendering of them.

Cheers,

-Kyle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:46 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
I recommend we attack. Seems this thing would follow us if we ran away, and it will guard where we want to go.

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:08 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Kharille wrote:
I recommend we attack. Seems this thing would follow us if we ran away, and it will guard where we want to go.

Ammu's Mirage seems to have some effect. Let's give it alittle more time to work? If the creature cannot be sent away by the Mirage, then let's attack?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:42 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

I would have thought this big scary is a hellion. If not for the fact that it looks like it might have been a man once...

Wonder how strong it really is...:D looking forward to fight it if it doesn't go away...

But seriously, if we really need to fight it, would you guys consider having some of us try to lure the creature aside while Chiemeka and Kubluu take the machete and continue on towards the shrine? This might save some time. But then again the Mother of Moons certainly has more minions to overcome up there...

Or should we just battle together? And risk running out of time?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:15 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Gold and Iron. A Walk in the Green.

Been wondering what does the Gold and Iron refer to? :) Presume the Walk in the Green refers to the jungle setting of Mungoda?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:48 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

I'd say battle it together. If the party gets split, we'll have time warp issues.

Gold and Iron. I thought iron smithing was a big advancement in mungodan culture. At least I think so.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:41 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Kharille wrote:
I'd say battle it together. If the party gets split, we'll have time warp issues.

Gold and Iron. I thought iron smithing was a big advancement in mungodan culture. At least I think so.

Actually I have had these doubts for the longest time...Please correct me and set me right if you see what's wrong...

I think Mungoda tech is way lower than say Elleslandic, Krarthian, or basically anyplace else in Legend, even the Khanate lands. I don't mean to be an asshole, but it's alittle like what we sometimes hear described in the news as "3rd world countries" or "developing nations". So while the culture and languages may be rich and well developed, the weapons, armor, and goods produced are generally inferior?

As such, I can't see how a Mungodan sword can hit like, nor armor protect like, an Elleslandic one. I really can't see how our weapons could have done that creature much harm.

Wonder if I am already sounding like an ignorant asshole...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:50 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

nah, book 6 has it, they use sharpened sticks in mungoda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:56 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Sharpened sticks eh? Hmrpm...I must go back and reread again...

It's like earlier when Kubluu's spear fell apart fighting the diseased leopards. The reading of it sounded so funny. But this is not something I would dream of happening in a spear purchased and made in say Chaubrette or Algandy...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:47 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

I think it's worth noting that Mungoda is not in all respects a direct analogy with Africa. Leaving aside the influence of the Kaikuhuran exiles etc, the In From The Cold scenario The Temple of the Lost God takes place in the advanced Aztec-like Tochel empire which is situated on "the Eastern edge of the Thanagost Peaks". I'm not sure how such a sophisticated civilisation fails to make a mention in the rule book, especially when it should be prominently visible on the maps, but eh.

Also, there were several complex indigenous civilisations in mediaeval Africa which, although perhaps not at the same level of technological sophistication as their counterparts in Asia, Europe, and the middle east, were far beyond "sharpened sticks". See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Zimbabwe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mali_Empire
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana_Empire

Cheers,

-Kyle

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 105  Next