Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:44 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
"Everything is well. At some point in time I will need to retrieve my badge of office but I wanted to see how things were and whether we could assist in any way."

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:30 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Profession: Sorcerer
Kharille wrote:
"Everything is well. At some point in time I will need to retrieve my badge of office but I wanted to see how things were and whether we could assist in any way."

Ak'kulula nods in acknowledgement and thanks for the Prince's consideration. Frowning he looks up and away in the direction of the distant cliffs where the Party first encountered the Shadow Beast. A troubled look mars his young face, and the boy was silent for several moments.

"I returned to investigate where the forest was corrupted by the tainted touch of the fell beast. The creature we tricked and drove away."

"I had hoped there be a way to reverse the taint and restore the forest..."

He turns with a deep sigh and looks at Kubluu and his two companions. "Alas...the very nature of the corruption is beyond my understanding. And my knowledge shows itself pitifully inadequate to the task..."

"And Aunt Nansi has been away for several days..."

Last edited by howareyou on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:13 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"Ah, but Mother Earth is so strong. We defeated the mother of moons. The source of the corruption has ended. I have heard, that even man himself is guilty of desecrating the lands, and yet the lands will restore themselves, the song of the birds will return, and the animals will graze. Be assured, the lands are strong."

Kuublu pulls at some tree branches. Looks around. If there is no major destruction he will suggest that they be on their way, head to the capital.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:31 am 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Kharille wrote:
"Ah, but Mother Earth is so strong. We defeated the mother of moons. The source of the corruption has ended. I have heard, that even man himself is guilty of desecrating the lands, and yet the lands will restore themselves, the song of the birds will return, and the animals will graze. Be assured, the lands are strong."

"We did not destroy the altar my Prince. I'm unsure if the source of the dark power that corrupts has been rooted out. With the liberation of the Mother of Moons from its power, it seems though to have suffered a setback..."

Kharille wrote:
Kuublu pulls at some tree branches. Looks around. If there is no major destruction he will suggest that they be on their way, head to the capital.

Ak'kulula's brown eyes widen in curiosity at the Prince's suggestion. "Trouble in the Great Chieftain's hall my Prince?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:56 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

"I misplaced a symbol of my authority. I arranged to have it sent to the capital. Shall we investigate the Altar?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:34 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

Kharille wrote:
"I misplaced a symbol of my authority. I arranged to have it sent to the capital. Shall we investigate the Altar?"
Ak'kulula gives Chiemeka an uncertain look before replying to Kubluu. "Prince. We took a look at it before but couldn't find anything. Without more information or wiser minds, taking another look might not be helpful?"

Shaking his head, the lad beckons with his hand for the trio to come along. "Come Sirs and Lady. Here's truly a sight to behold." Turning, he disappears into the brush, leaves rustling in his wake.

The party of four bash through the undergrowth, parting fern leaves as large as elephants' ears, some tough and spiky like the legs of the praying mantis. Giant trees they passed, ancient and weathered, yet sturdy and strong, standing as guardians of the jungle. After an hour, the lush growth gradually thins, and the four finally exit the shady forest onto the very edge of a sheer cliff. The sight that greets their eyes is breathtaking.

The travellers find themselves at the rim of a huge valley, covered with thick luxuriant growth of every kind of trees and plants. Birds of every color and species flit about in the air, chasing after insects, or lazily soaring on warm currents. Insects, many as large as a man's fist, buzz about in small groups or entire swarms, going about their insect lives. The whole area seems to burst with life itself.

And right in the centre of this veritable valley of life, a tree stands. Compared to the giant trees they have passed by on the way here, this tree is humongous. Truly a giant amongst giants. Its thick branches form such a wide canopy as to cover almost 30 metres in radius. Its leaves are thick and luxuriant, yet holes in its cover allow the sun's rays to penetrate to the ground beneath it. The oldest, biggest, and strongest of all the trees south of the Great River. This is the Grandfather Tree.

OOC - Sorry guys. :) I'm just writing and rping, while waiting for GM to start us off on the next adventure. Don't feel obliged to reply if you prefer to rest abit while waiting. :D

Last edited by howareyou on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:00 pm 
7th Rank
7th Rank

The sun slowly sets on yet another day in the Mungoda jungle. With the magnificent sight of the Grandfather Tree burning in their hearts, Kubluu, Chiemeka, Pulgil, and Ak'kulula make their way to a peaceful clearing of soft green grass, surrounded and guarded by a thicket of young trees. Nearby, a stream gurgles merrily on its way downhill. Here, his friends wash themselves in the cold, clear water of the stream, while Ak'kulula prepares a delicious meal of fresh fish, garnished with edible mushrooms and lichen.

Around the campfire, over the delicious dinner, supplemented by the cold fresh water from the stream, their thirst was slaked, and their bodies were restored. And the quartet enjoy each other's company. Plans were discussed. Stories were shared. Trust and friendship is built. And the peaceful night passed in restful fellowship until sleep overtook each person.

Early next morning, the four got up, washed themselves, and after a quick bite of leftovers from the previous night's dinner, prepare to swing back and pick up Malim Oche, before beginning the long hike to Kubluu's garrison. Spirits are high as each person looks forward in anticipation of what the path ahead would bring.

Last edited by howareyou on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profession: Knight
Pulgil stands ready to travel with any who wish to travel. To aid any who wish her aid.

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31