Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:52 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Just something that might be worth covering. In original book 1 we get information on hiring hotbloods. However I figure there can be a lot of possibilities, not just lantern bearers and hotbloods but guidelines on hiring actual ranked npcs. Perhaps the party lacks a sorceror. How does one go uncovering left handed weirdos and convincing npcs to work with them? I got a vague recollection there were some npcs in book 3 but wouldn't it be nice to have a 'mercenaries' supplement?

How about engaging messengers? Or hiring a bard to write your tale? Spread rumours? Course maybe this leans towards the knave profession who has a role in hiring bodyguards and influencing others. What about guidelines for developing friendly relations with your blacksmith? The book 1 item availability rules are very generic, but what if you were to befriend a major city trader who can give access to say, arbalests, first priority for plate armour and 'excess adventuring equipment' / magic weapons / magic items / stuff they looted from an ancient kings tomb? Wouldn't it be nice to have guidelines on fencing stuff you stole from some ancient chieftains barrow mound?

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:07 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
We could get folks to add a bunch of Ranked NPCs in this thread and then bundle it up as a mini-Friends and Foes ebook if you want. If each person on the forum added 1 NPC we'd have a fair few.

Kharille goes first. :)

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:45 am 
10th Rank
10th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Heh, looks like I'll have to pic stats and create background. I was thinking about mechanics, a bit like the legal rules, though I do suspect people don't use them literally. But maybe even a city guide, like this is the place where you fence stolen goods. There will be resistance for fencing blood stained weapons and the authorities might start investigating why choice loot items are materializing in the markets. Maybe thats an extension of the crime section in old book 6. Hell, maybe a dragwars tax guide... Has anyone imposed taxes on pcs and their tomb robbing loot?

And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:03 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
Heh, looks like I'll have to pic stats and create background. I was thinking about mechanics, a bit like the legal rules, though I do suspect people don't use them literally. But maybe even a city guide, like this is the place where you fence stolen goods. There will be resistance for fencing blood stained weapons and the authorities might start investigating why choice loot items are materializing in the markets. Maybe thats an extension of the crime section in old book 6. Hell, maybe a dragwars tax guide... Has anyone imposed taxes on pcs and their tomb robbing loot?

Other than the old you only get to keep 10% of anything you salvage if you are doing it in someones employ? Not overly, I mean....technically those of you in Glissom working for Colm probably owe him a percentage of earnings ( Chlainn and Usopi don't of course).

I'd tend to lean heavily on backstory myself for determining things like that and/or just make some rolls based in the Crime and Punishment section of the Corebook.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.