Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:42 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:01 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 553
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
UPSTAIRS

Emily has certainly made an impression on the Nun who shrieks in pain - if not for her leather boots, Emily might have even pinned her to the floor.

The woman on the bed has also shrieked in pain, but the Monk who was causing that pain is now turning away from her towards the Nun.

I'm going to assume Alistair has moved enough that Simon can get the door shut. Simon will see there is a bolt designed to secure the door from inside the room.

The Nun has raised the sword, it's no longer pointing anywhere near Emily, but that could be corrected. Emily would have a chance now to bolt for the open balcony.

DOWNSTAIRS

A couple of people (unarmed/non monks) have responded to Eggdras' urging to head into the kitchen.

Fighting has broken out - the ring of steel, shouts and grunts of pain can be heard. The Lady Knight has engaged both the Monks who were near the front door, as has another man, heavyset and already sweating, as he swings a sword - he might have once been a decent warrior but that was probably at least 30 years ago - even now, he does clearly have some idea of what he is doing. Osric could choose to engage either of those Monks, or either of the ones near the stairs. Who oddly have not moved from their position - the impression Osric gets is they intend to guard the stairs. Of course, Osric does not have to engage anybody - he can do what he likes - simply keeping an eye on those two near the stairs would constitute guarding the back of the Lady Knight and the Heavyset Warrior.

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:37 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1327
Profession: Barbarian
"TAKE IT OUTSIDE YOU B*SCHTARDS!!!!" Eggdras is really agitated as he sees this going on. He beckons more non combatants to come into the kitchen, and he tells them to grab the flour 'in case' he needs help. this blind fighting will come in handy.... Not taking sides yet, but if anyone thinks to harm civilians Eggdras will quickly figure out who is the bad guy.


Eggdras readies his frying pan....

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:06 am 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm
Posts: 37
Profession: Mystic
Osric hesitates, guarding their backs for now while taking stock of rest of the room. He's building up to do something brave, but charging two armoured men singlehandedly is more than he feels ready for just yet.

He catches sight of Eggdras in the back room through the door behind the bar as he yells out. Good to see that he's helping. He seemed a well-intentioned sort.

On the other side of the room, he sees the bloodied face of a patron struck a vicious blow by one of the monks. Osric begins to unbuckle his long knife and tries to remember any of the prayers that Brother Thomas taught him.

Is there any sense of who has the upper hand? Do the monks he can see fighting look like trained fighters? Are the rest of the monks at the exits simply keeping to their posts?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1372
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Emily saw her chance and took it.....badly, the door slamming shut distracted her at the last moment and she crashed bodily into the womans legs and struck her head against the wall, in pain and, near as she could tell, about to be run through with a sword she began to cry and curled into a ball on the floor.

Reflexes 16.

To the Balcony!: 1d20 17

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 629
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
Dreadnought wrote:
I'm going to assume Alistair has moved enough that Simon can get the door shut. Simon will see there is a bolt designed to secure the door from inside the room.

With a silent prayer that the prone woman can be trusted, Simon slams the door shut, bolting it, and standing with his back to it, shortsword held awkwardly in both hands. Simon is grateful for the bolt, as his mind is racing and he's not sure he can remember the proper gestures for the Portal spell.

Simon is exaggerating slightly the clumsiness with which he's wielding the shortsword, and he is ready to adjust his posture should a genuine threat come within range. He is hoping that he is presenting sufficiently little threat to be largely ignored by any of the enemies.

Taking a breath, Simon turns his focus to the woman on the bed and the monk at her side. Simon would like to help the woman, if possible, and if the monk moves sufficiently far away, such as in defence of the nun or to engage either the girl or Alistair in combat, Simon will start to move towards the other side of the bed to the monk, keeping his sword raised.

[OOC - I know this is probably more than Simon can do in a combat round, but if I can't get to an Internet connection for any reason (I'm away in Spain at the mo), assume this is what Simon is doing so as not to slow down the scene waiting for me.]

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 553
Location: Victoria, Australia
Profession: Knight
UPSTAIRS

The Nun seems to control her temper at least to some extent.

"Stop that noise," she snaps in Emily's direction. "I won't hurt you, girl. You're far too valuable for that."

The woman on the bed speaks as well, her speech coming over the end of the Nun's. "Don't hurt her! She's the one..." she trails off just as the Nun says the word 'valuable.'

The monk takes a step towards the Nun and Emily, casting his eyes down at the girl. Both the Nun and the Monk have nearly all their attention on Emily now.

Simon has closed and bolted the door. As indicated he tries to swing the shortsword with an exaggerated clumsiness - but it almost seems to... no, it does feel like the weapon is resisting that - and making him seem more proficient than he is. In his studies, Simon has heard of enchanted blades and... this could be such a thing.

There is now something approaching a moment of calm in the room.

DOWNSTAIRS

Eggdras has managed to draw more non combatants into the kitchen. He is starting to be worried that other may rush the door as the safest place available.

All the Monks except the two nearest the stairs are fighting. Only those two seem to be standing a guard. In terms of who has the upper hand... it looks fairly even, with the Ongus men and women perhaps having a slight edge. The Monks all seem to be fairly equally proficient - well trained, but not experts, about at the same level as a typical militia man in his early twenties. The men and women fighting for Ongus and the King are more mixed. There are a few who are obviously very experienced at fighting, and others whose skills would be worse than Osric's own.

The Lady Knight and the Heavyset Man do seem to be beating back and winning against the two monks they face. Osric is more worried about the Heavyset man collapsing - he's wheezing badly - than about him being stabbed. The monk he faces has clearly been wounded, the one the Lady Knight is facing seems uninjured, and so does she.

_________________
Life and Death Are Only a Dice Roll Away!

Shaun Hately
co-author A Weak Pleasure
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:04 am 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm
Posts: 37
Profession: Mystic
Osric hesitates a moment more to be sure that the monks at the stairs aren’t about to attack him before before he turns to help the Lady Knight.

“They’re guarding the stairs” he yells at her as he does so.

He’s had enough tussles with some of the other lads at the Manor to know that winning a scrap is about far more than elegant swordplay and sweeps his walking staff between the monk’s legs to trip him over.

[Using his Dirty Fighting Skill to try and knock the Lady’s opponent to the ground. Wolf Guard: +2 Attack, -3 Defence, -1 Evasion.

Attack: 14

Tripping the monk (wolf guard): 1d20 2



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1327
Profession: Barbarian
Eggdras is frustrated. He wants to get stuck in but the best he can do is try to minimize deaths. He orders someone to bar the door whilst he steps out to join Osric. He will focus on pulling civilians out of the way behind the bar.

"We want no part in your fight!!! Get out!!!"

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Last edited by Kharille on Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Albion
Profession: Sorcerer
While the nun and monk are distracted, Alistair steps up behind the nun and places his dagger against the nun's back and asks her again to drop her sword, injecting as much authority as he can into his voice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:37 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm
Posts: 629
Location: Birmingham, UK
Profession: Sorcerer
Dreadnought wrote:
Simon has closed and bolted the door. As indicated he tries to swing the shortsword with an exaggerated clumsiness - but it almost seems to... no, it does feel like the weapon is resisting that - and making him seem more proficient than he is. In his studies, Simon has heard of enchanted blades and... this could be such a thing.

Simon nearly drops the sword in surprise but maintains his grip on hilt, although whether this is because of Simon's quick reactions* or the sword's will insinuating itself into Simon's actions, Simon is unsure. Slightly afeared and suspicious of the stolen blade he now wields, Simon moves cautiously towards the bed, sword still held at arm's length, although this is now as much to keep the sword away from him as it is to threaten anyone that might get close.

The thought crosses Simon's mind that he may only be moving to help the woman on the bed because it is the sword's will dictating his actions but he reminds himself that he had intended to help the woman before he possessed the sword, unless that, too, is a memory implanted by whatever deviltry inhabits the sword. Panic knots his stomach and indecision tangles his thoughts - what if he's helping the wrong people?

Despite these thoughts, steps he is unsure he is controlling bring Simon to the bedside (in the SW corner of the room, should it matter) of the distressed/tortured woman.

* Simon's REF of 8 makes this unlikely...

_________________
Cobwebbed Dragon (Lee)

https://www.cobwebbedforest.co.uk/
https://www.dragonwarriors.uk/
https://twitter.com/CobwebbedDragon


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group