Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:19 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 53  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:50 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1571
Profession: Barbarian
(OCC: Hope its a good ambush point. Maybe we should try missile fire... oh, it must be so dark out here. Wonder if these guys have gloomsight or elf sight? We might be fighting at a disadvantage)

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:13 pm 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 349
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
I didn't think they went out in the dark, you know, with the jungle being incredibly dangerous and all!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:24 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 296
Profession: Warlock
Uruka suggests resting for the night as they have already done much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:17 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1595
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Firestar76 wrote:
Uruka suggests resting for the night as they have already done much.


After an hour or so listening for signs of pursuit and finding none, the trio decides ( very bravely) to bivouac for the night against one of the larger trees in the jungle beyond the cleared area.

Taking first watch Kuublu steels himself amongst the cacophany of insect and frog noise, trying to pick up hints of movement or the sounds of larger creatures through the din. Though a large number of creatures move through the area nothing dangerous occurs and he wakes Chiemeka for his watch.

Chiemeka spends much of his watch trying to follow the movements of something large and foul smelling that was padding heavily around them about 50m out, after three hours of the dreadful things presence it apparently smelt something more interesting and crashed off through the jungle and away. Nothing more than snakes and the occasional monkey-lizard disturbed his watch.

Uruka took last watch and it was anything but peaceful, as dawn grew closer he was able to see more and more and realised that what he'd taken for a stand of bamboo was actually a large group of long legged ( 4m tall ) birds with metre long sharp bills and naked heads and necks who were silently picking off lizards, frogs and anything else on a lower limb or trunk. They began to stalk slowly towards the camp but stopped about 40m out and then scattered in panic into the jungle as a great winged form crashed down from the canopy above...grabbed one in its talons, snapped its neck and then flew heavily back into the branches above....it was not a great eagle but something like the misbegotten spawn of bat and a naked mole rat. He started watching above more often....as the sun rose ( though he could not see it), a great chorus of morning calls and hoots and cries went up from the jungle around him. Among it all he almost din't notice at first when the pivot gate of the compound began to open.....

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:53 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 296
Profession: Warlock
Quietly, Uruka taps his companions and wakes them up. He informs them of what he has observe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:00 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1571
Profession: Barbarian
Is there much vegetation near the entrance? We want to get close, observe their signals, maybe get a glimpse inside.

Wonder if they have underground sanitation? if there is sounds of water, maybe we can find a way in through the sewage, or the supply side.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:30 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1595
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
The pivot gate continued to rise until it was hanging horizontal on its axis and figures began to emerge from within into the bare area around the compound. Four 2m tall silver plumaged figures with hooked beaks and hung with a reinforced harness. On their backs were huge squared blades and longbows and a quiver hung at their belts, they stopped for a moment and surveyed the scene then there was a call out from the top of the wall and they continued moving out.

Following them, tied together by ropes around their necks and with their hands bound were a group of about thirty humans mostly children and adults in their prime there was no sign of elderly. Flanking the humans at 5m intervals were another six avian figures, three to a side. And at the rear of the procession a tall thin lightly dressed avian figure flanked by two others in harness. Beside these two stalked two stocky birds about 3m in height with heavy heads and grey feathers with heavy hooked beaks.

As the procession departed to the south, the pivot gate began to swing back into place.

Image

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:05 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 296
Profession: Warlock
Uruka asks if they should attack.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:58 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1571
Profession: Barbarian
"We would be overwhelmed if the whole garrison attacked. Let us follow for now."

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1595
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
As the trio began to follow the pivot gate slammed closed again behind them.

They made sure to keep as far back as possible, yet close enough that the size of the group ahead would hopefully dissuade any predators that might be attracted to the noise of the travelling caravan.

They remained hidden both from the bird-folk and a number of curious creatures that moved through the undergrowth in the wake of the caravan as they followed for a number of hours.

After 4 hours walking the slave caravan made halt at a stream and the avians formed into a circle around the prisoners while the tall one organised watering and feeding the slaves from the travel bags.

The guard watched the surrounding jungle carefully and the two solidly built birds stalked the perimeter hunting lizards and patrolling...



OOC:

Stealth Checks-


12:15, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Kuublu, rolled 4 using 2d10. Success.

12:15, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Chiemeka, rolled 5 using 2d10. Success.

12:13, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Uruka, rolled 9 using 2d10. Success.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 53  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group