Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:48 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:52 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1475
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
The tall Volucreth cocked its head to one side and and rattled something to the two Volucreth at its side, they bobbed their heads from side to side and began circling the ring of prisoners they're eyes on the surrounding jungle...

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:27 pm 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 pm
Posts: 26
Profession: Knave
With the attention of his captors focused on the jungle around them, Jaafan began to work furiously against his bindings with the nail, hoping that his temporarily unbound locks of dark hair might hide his movements. It was his great shame to have been taken prisoner by the Volucreth, and he would take any opportunity to redeem himself. Perhaps the man that had drawn away the larger birds was one part of a larger rescue force. It would be much to ask the spirits, but he maintained hope. He could not end so ignominiously as to simply be enslaved by the Volucreth and devoured by some large feathered beast.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:57 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1475
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Ultstadt wrote:
With the attention of his captors focused on the jungle around them, Jaafan began to work furiously against his bindings with the nail, hoping that his temporarily unbound locks of dark hair might hide his movements. It was his great shame to have been taken prisoner by the Volucreth, and he would take any opportunity to redeem himself. Perhaps the man that had drawn away the larger birds was one part of a larger rescue force. It would be much to ask the spirits, but he maintained hope. He could not end so ignominiously as to simply be enslaved by the Volucreth and devoured by some large feathered beast.


There was a satisfying click sound as the latch that held the neck collar in place was released, the man next to Jaafan heard it and his eyes went wide and he began to get agitated looking about at the others. From Jaafans perspective all the Volucreth were currently looking in a direction other than his but he had no sight of the two terror birds.

..................

In the jungle the trio discussed their options as the illusion of the man suddenly vanished into a mote of light...its magic extinguished...

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:44 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1423
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu tries to keep quiet and minimize emissions.... if all goes to hell he suggests they all run, at least it would distance them from the main bird group and allow them to kill their trackers.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:30 pm 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 pm
Posts: 26
Profession: Knave
Jaafan gives a sharp glare at the man beside him to cow the man's agitation, and then begin shuffling through the pack of slaves slowly, headed toward whoever looked the strongest of the herd. Upon reaching the determined slave, the barbarian attempts to press the nail in to the individual's palm, shrugging his shoulders slightly to indicate his loosened neck bolt. When he feels the slave understands his intent, he casts his eyes about the ground for some loose shale or edge, dull or sharp, that he might use to slowly saw away at the rope binding his hands.

If the worst came to pass, he could simply flee in to the trees in the hopes of stumbling on whatever had distracted his captors, but the true proof of his strength would be to lead these slaves against their oppressors in a grand battle for their freedom. He suppressed a grin at the thought.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:02 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1423
Profession: Barbarian
Kuublu whirls his sling, assuming someone else will use the other one. He'll let fly at the terror birds...

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 296
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Assuming Chiemeka has the other one...

With a quick prayer to Aset, Chiemeka lets fly with his sling.

Slingshot at Volucreth hunting bird: 1d20 10


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:23 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1475
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Ultstadt wrote:
Jaafan gives a sharp glare at the man beside him to cow the man's agitation, and then begin shuffling through the pack of slaves slowly, headed toward whoever looked the strongest of the herd. Upon reaching the determined slave, the barbarian attempts to press the nail in to the individual's palm, shrugging his shoulders slightly to indicate his loosened neck bolt. When he feels the slave understands his intent, he casts his eyes about the ground for some loose shale or edge, dull or sharp, that he might use to slowly saw away at the rope binding his hands.

If the worst came to pass, he could simply flee in to the trees in the hopes of stumbling on whatever had distracted his captors, but the true proof of his strength would be to lead these slaves against their oppressors in a grand battle for their freedom. He suppressed a grin at the thought.


The other man took the nail and set to work on the ropes at Jaafans wrists with a wink....it look like it may take a minute or two...

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:57 pm 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 243
Profession: Warlock
Uruka casts enhancement and charges into the fray.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:35 pm 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1475
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Kharille wrote:
Kuublu whirls his sling, assuming someone else will use the other one. He'll let fly at the terror birds...



09:24, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Kuublu, rolled 6 using 1d6. Sling.

09:24, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Kuublu, rolled 3 using 1d20. Sling.


drb1004 wrote:
Assuming Chiemeka has the other one...

With a quick prayer to Aset, Chiemeka lets fly with his sling.

Slingshot at Volucreth hunting bird: 1d20 10


Firestar76 wrote:
Uruka casts enhancement and charges into the fray.


09:29, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Uruka, rolled 12 using 1d20. Attack.

The trio moved carefully through the jungle in a loop bringing them near the terror birds but unable to see the Volucreth back on the path.

Chiemeka and Kuublu let fly with their sling stones, one stone striking one of the terror birds in the side of the neck, the huge heavy beak and yellow eyes swung about and it rattled to the other one...they seemed as if they were about to move forward to investigate when Uruka leapt out of the underbrush and attacked the lead one.

Uruka brought down his ida-sword in a chopping motion but the terror bird deftly ducked away and struck at him in turn, the other let out a loud echoing rattle to signal its masters that it had located prey. The heavy hooked beak hit him solidly on the left shoulder leaving a deep gouge in his rhino hide vest...but he was luckily unharmed.


09:33, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Terror Bird 1, rolled 2 using 1d8. Bite.

09:33, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Terror Bird 1, rolled 3 using 1d20. Bite.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group