Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:34 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:06 pm 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 pm
Posts: 56
Profession: Knave
Jaafan heads deeper in to the jungle along the tracks to see if he can find any trail of the presumed snake. If he can find no tracks then there would be no point in splitting the group anyway and they can all move on, even if heavy beneath the burden of condemning a child to the forest of storms.

If he does find tracks he darts back to the main group and tells them to continue in the same direction. He suggests only one of the three strangers accompany him while the other two guard the escapees on their journey. He assures the escapees that he will catch up to them, and heads out in the the jungle after the child and the injured man.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:29 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 258
Profession: Warlock
Uruka looks at his friends, wondering what they will do


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:00 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1510
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Jaafan and Kuublu head out a little way from the bivouac point and after ten minutes or so find nothing, as Jaafan is heading back he notes a small tree fern has been dislodged and then sees vegetation pressed flat where the trail heads down into a gully; he is confident he could follow it at this point.

Returning to the group they all share what they know; Kuublu estimates from the tracks found and the way the vegetation lays that the serpent is a seemingly impossible 15m long and well over a ton, both Jaafan and Chiemeka agree that no matter the type of serpent that both individuals are already dead and eaten as only intelligent beings take prisoners and whether by suffocation or poison dead is dead. Uruka has little to offer, there are few large snakes in the region he is from.

The former prisoners are agitated but seem willing to follow the lead of the four men....

OOC:
Tracking-
11:51, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Kuublu, rolled 12 using 2d10.
11:51, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Jaafan, rolled 16 using 2d10.

Snake Knowlege-
11:54, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Uruka, rolled 18 using 1d20.
11:54, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Chiemeka, rolled 7 using 1d20.
11:54, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Kuublu, rolled 2 using 1d20.
11:54, Today: Damian May, for the NPC Jaafan, rolled 5 using 1d20.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:52 am 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 pm
Posts: 56
Profession: Knave
Jaafan is agitated as well. Perhaps if they had acted more decisively they might have tracked the snake and slit it open in time to save the victims, but it was true that at this point there was likely no reason to pursue it. If he were alone then perhaps he would have gone after it, as such a beast’s head would surely be a trophy of note, but he has the other escapees to consider. He scowls, disliking this new feeling of being responsible for the lives of others. He ponders whether the Chieftain’s Guard have to consider such things in their role within his tribe.

He quickly shakes away the thoughts for now and climbs a tree once more to see what creatures he can spot for the group to avoid. Upon returning to the ground he describes what he saw, and then takes his position at the rear guard and allows the three strange men to lead on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:48 am 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1462
Profession: Barbarian
Kuubl acknowledges the futility of going against these monstrocities of nature. Perhaps if they were awake they could'e driven it off. Time to leave the jungle however they can.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:24 pm 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 309
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka offers a prayer to Aset for the souls of those taken by the monster, and then turns and nods to Kuublu - they need to get the children and others back to their homes, or other civilisation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:39 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1510
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Prayers said, both verbal and silent, the group continues their trek north through the Forest of Storms. Around midday, as near as they can tell, they are forced to make a wide arc around a group of large ( 3m tall) birds with wickedly clawed powerful legs and colourful casques who are stripping fruit from a patch of trees similar to date palms.

Coming back onto the correct heading, and with Jaafan occasionally climbing trees to scout ahead, they are making reasonable time as the day begins to darken once more they are just looking about for a moderately defensible location to sleep for the night when there are multiple incredibly fast rustling sounds approaching through the thick, lush growth...there are only seconds to act...

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:43 am 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 pm
Posts: 56
Profession: Knave
Jaafan quickly pulls out his spear and rushes to the side of the group from which the sounds are approaching. He braces for whatever will come out of the thick jungle, and attacks as soon as possible unless the oncoming things are humans.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:58 pm 
Offline
10th Rank
10th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
Posts: 1462
Profession: Barbarian
Suspecting migrating monkeys, Kuublu beckons the others to lower themselves. He will shelter one of the children.

_________________
Speech!





And so the show begins!!!
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dwp ... ssages/640


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:01 pm 
Offline
7th Rank
7th Rank
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm
Posts: 309
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Profession: Elementalist
Chiemeka follows Kuublu's lead, preparing to cast offensive spells as necessary.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group