A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:33 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Profession: Knight
A Call to Arms – Casket of Fays #5

As we leave April, the next issue of Casket of Fays lies heavy on my mind. With that, now is the time to lay the groundwork for that next issue.
We have articles in reserve, some of which I’ve already earmarked for this issue, but leaving content for future issues is always wise.
Examples of what is good to submit. Totally non-exhaustive...

short encounters;
small locales;
new monsters, skills, NPCs, spells, and items;
myths, legends, and folklore from the Lands of Legend;
maps and art

The plan is to get the next issue out by the end of June at the very latest. To allow this, we need to work to a timeline.

Working backwards here. We want at least a week between what we think is final and what actually will be final. So, aim to have the pre-release version live by 19th June. That gives us a placeholder listing, so we can write the copy for Drivethru and all the other bumph that we need to do.

To give a good run at editing, compilation and any problems that might crop up, we’re going to declare that we have a deadline for submissions of 5th June. At that point we cut off anything for the next issue. To make sure that we don't get the most in-depth piece of work drop in on the 5th that we have to run because it's so damn good, let's have a soft deadline of 29th May.

To summarise:
Outlines by 29th May
Close to any more articles on 5th June
Editing and compilation by 19th June and submit.
Final release 26th June.

If you’ve read the Casket and you’re not involved but want to be, drop me a PM, comment, or whatever suits best. Always happy to look at stuff. If I’m not available, then someone else should be able to chat.

See you in the Casket!

FYI - this is our submission policy. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V5- ... sp=sharing