Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:29 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:06 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 1991
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
" I'd wager some of us are fast enough to duck past it....though not all."

" It may be a test of might.....but we've precious few weapons that will score stone."

" Another test? The bag defeated the wind....have we found anything else?"

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:03 am 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:17 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Bristol, UK
Profession: Hunter
Assessing the size of the quay and the statue’s location in relation to the bridge, Max responds, ‘sadly I never seem to have a hammer and chisel when they might be of use.’


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:33 pm 
Offline
8th Rank
8th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 630
Profession: Knight
Max, of course, has assessed the situation right. A few people could stand at the quay, and perhaps they could cross two abreast. Yet, that statue. It would be able to reach any who passed it, and the size of its arms and the sharpness of its talons...

Perhaps the river...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:46 am 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:12 am
Posts: 186
Profession: Knight
Sten looks dubiously at the rickety bridge "Are we sure that thing will hold us ? I can attempt to distract the statue and you all run past hopefully I can hold it long enough for everyone to make it but no point if that bridge collapses"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:02 am 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:17 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Bristol, UK
Profession: Hunter
Having been the last through the violet haze, Max steps forward, ‘I’ll go first.’ Eyeing the thing’s apparent size and power, Max hopes that he can use his reflexes and speed to evade its wrath.

If there are no objections or no one else thinks of another plan to deal with the statue or bridge, he’ll nod to Sten to indicate his readiness.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:46 pm 
Offline
2nd Rank
2nd Rank
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:12 am
Posts: 33
Location: Sweden
Profession: Warlock
"On the other hand, I might use one my gifts to dazzle or confuse the stone giant. Better to save your skin & skills to future foes, Sten." says Drystan to Max and Sten.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:35 pm 
Offline
8th Rank
8th Rank

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am
Posts: 542
Profession: Warlock
“Surround and chop?” Calder asks. He follows his friend’s advice and stops in his track.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:01 am 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:12 am
Posts: 186
Profession: Knight
"I am concerned about that bridges condition, I'm not confident that it will support one of us let alone all of us
What do you think Corvin ?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:57 am 
Offline
5th Rank
5th Rank

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:32 pm
Posts: 193
Profession: Barbarian
“You pose an interesting conundrum…perhaps out of the frying pan and into the fire as it were.

Given our foe is affixed to its location, sound tactics would suggest we strike it from a position of safety, well beyond the reach of those rather nasty looking talons. Perhaps we should take stock of what bows, slings and long pointy things we have?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:14 am 
Offline
1st Rank
1st Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:17 pm
Posts: 26
Location: Bristol, UK
Profession: Hunter
Picking up on Corvin’s theme Max says, statue’s can be toppled. I saw it happen once.

He peers closely at the effigy’s base, trying to gauge if it has been hewn (and therefore forms part of) from the dungeon floor or if it stands separate as though placed there.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group