Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:01 am 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Profession: Knight
The week has passed and it is time for you to start your quest. Adventure awaits!

As the end of summer approaches with the coming of Michaelmas, the warm air has been replaced with a slight bite to it as you set out from Axbridge on your journey to Saxton, from whence you will seek Vallandr's Tomb.

The village turns out to see you on your way as you set out, and you see Odo at the front, waving you onwards.

(FYI - your route after Axbridge takes you past Igham, Norham, Gully's Inn, Trefell and then to Saxton)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:39 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

As we walk, Sten is chatting to Lucky and Bretwald ( and anyone else who is listening) "I am a bit nervous about going home. It's been a few years since i saw my friends and family. I hope they are all well. I wonder if it has changed much".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:04 pm 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Priest
Bohemond has a small pack and a borrowed straw raincoat. He trails the group as though he is not quite in shape.
He listens to Sten's talk about his home and family with a distant smile. Lost in thoughts of his own home far from here, he walks silently not really aware of the world.
After stubbing his foot on a stone and letting out a stream of curses not usually heard from priests, Bohemond hobbles to the front, suddenly back down to earth.
"Huh Sten, is it? Yes. Huh your home. How different is it than those around here?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:21 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sten smiles down at Bohemond "We are on the way there for my home is Saxton on the edge of Fenring Forest. I learnt to fight as part of the town guard and my pa, well he does whatever odd jobs need doing to feed the family. I have four younger sisters, it has been a long time since I've seen them. Five years, I'd say. Tilly is the oldest of them, she must be 16 now, then there is Lucy and Lillian and Josie. My younger brother Jed must be 18 summers now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:56 am 
8th Rank
8th Rank

Profession: Warlock
Calder packs his gear and awaits for the companions before departing. He listens to what Sten has to say about his hometown and where he learns his skills and is impressed.

“You are certainly fortunate to have a family. I barely remember my mother and I certainly hope one day I will find a family or place to call my own,” he replies to Sten.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:18 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

"Aye calder i am fortunate" Sten looks at each person and smiles warmly "We have great things ahead and i would like to think that we are brothers in arms. For a special bond is made when you fight along side one another isn't that right Lucky? Sten places his meaty hand on calders shoulder the minstrels will sing songs of our heroics and weave tales of our exploits, Ladies will swoon upon hearing our names and villains will shit them selves when they think we are near, the nobles will have feasts in our honor. As we walk through towns we will hear children playing saying things like i am calder of the mask or im Laila the warrior woman or im Godric the Great i and i slay the mighty Beast or im Lucky sawyer not even DEATH WILL STOP ME!!"by this time Sten is shouting and walking backwards he trips over his own feet rolls backwards and gets back to his feet laughing and says in a booming voice "Great things are upon us"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:40 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Laila walked with the men though she stayed quiet, she didn't really have any experience with warfare beyond occasional skirmishes with rowdy neighbours or bandits. Stens words reminded her too much of her stupid brothers...

She's fairly certain they are all going to die forgotten and alone here in this weird foreign land but she shares the cider she purchased with them in order to keep them at least a little onside.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:39 am 
1st Rank
1st Rank

Profession: Priest
Bohemond listens to Sten's proud boasting with a dreamy smile that betrays a tinge of jealousy. But he hides it well. As he listens to his companion's talking about their families, he sighs to himself. He finds himself walking by Laila reading the thoughts on her face. He forces a smile that says "I understand. Me too." though he does not say anything.

More than someone must call out to him because he trails behind the group or bumps into someone behind him. Every time, he apologizes for being distracted but he does it over and over, exasperating even the usually stoic Bretwald.

Unwilling to antagonize a companion at this time, he builds up his courage for miles when at last, he asks her discreetly. "Why here of all places? What have you done?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:14 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
jpchapleau wrote:
Unwilling to antagonize a companion at this time, he builds up his courage for miles when at last, he asks her discreetly. "Why here of all places? What have you done?"

Laila chuckled, " I got bored."

" Honestly I don't know why I'm here but it seemed I should at least have a good story or two to tell before I headed home."

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:51 pm 
8th Rank
8th Rank

Profession: Warlock
Hearing Sten speak, Calder could not help but be inspired. He is glad his cloth mask is there to hide his emotions. Mustering himself, he says,"Yes my friend we will be a band of brothers and sisters " he says looking at Laila. "Still I hope to merely find wealth. For fame without wealth is but illusory. With power comes fame."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next