Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:25 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Corvin kneels and looks Lucky over without touching him. He stands and says evenly without emotion “I believe I can help him but we must move quickly and you will all need to do what I say without question.”

He pauses for a moment, rubs his jaw and turns first to Sten and the to Mavis.

”Sten, get him inside. We need somewhere cool, not to bright or airy, not too dry and close to dirt. A cellar or stables perhaps? He has an excess of humours of Fire and Air. Goodwife Mavis I’ll need clean linen, cut into strips and soaked in boiled wine. Also some boiled water. Some mud or clay if you have it. I make no promises. Perhaps a candle lit for him - at a distance mind - and prayers by all led by Brother Bohemond will help fortify his soul as I seek to heal his body. We have no time to waste.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:01 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Knight
Sten looks at Mavis helplessly "please may we use the stable"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:01 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

"Whatever you need, my dear." clucks Mavis. "Get him to the stables. Boys!", she calls to a couple of strapping individuals, "Get the best linen and my prinking shears. Keith and Martin, get your wives boiling up wine and water. Hurry hurry!", she chases her boys to work.

Bohemond and Bretwald set up on the veranda, earnest in prayer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:05 pm 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Back home Laila would of looked to the old women with their herbs and unguents, but this man seemed a læknir of sorts so perhaps he knew what he was doing.

She assisted with what she could.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:36 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sten stands back, looking on helplessly, silently cursing the crusades.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:24 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Once Lucky is laid gently on some straw in the stables Corvin says “Thanks to all of you. Now please leave me with a lantern and interrupt only to bring me those things I have requested. Too many souls nearby are unhelpful. You can best help him with earnest prayer now.”

Corvin will gently examine Lucky’s wounds once the room has cleared and then quietly get to work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:55 am 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Mavis hustles everyone away and back to the farmhouse, leaving Corvin to his ministrations.

"I always does my prayers best with a full belly, Sten. There's no reason we can't eat and pray at the same time. You'll feel better after a good hot meal, boy"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:28 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Once Mavis hustles everyone out of the stables Corvin carefully uncovers Lucky’s wounds and sucks in his breath at the severity of them. Certain he is alone he takes certain herbs, powders and unguents from his pouches and pack and begins to work on cleaning and scourging Lucky’s wounds with a heated knife blade.

He requests wine for Lucky (and himself) and pie (for himself) but insists on keeping a solitary concerned vigil over Lucky during the night.

When the concerned and curious come to enquire about Lucky Corvin simply responds by saying “I have fortified his body now you must pray that his soul has more work to do in life”.

He insists that those who call upon Lucky stay clear as he is ”drawing the foul humours out” of Lucky’s wounds and “to keep up the prayer vigil as that will keep Lucky’s soul from seeking to stray from his body”.

Once he receives the wine soaked bandages he tightly binds Lucky’s wounds and dribbles wine into Lucky’s mouth periodically.

Lucky stirs regularly but Corvin urges him to lie still and slowly sip the wine, into which he has crumbled certain foul smelling powders.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:50 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

"Aye, you're probably right, Mavis. Let's eat and I will tell you about Lucky and my time in the crusades, then we will say a prayer for Lucky"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:13 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Mavis lays a spread out and you join her in the dining room to feast and pray for the continued life of Lucky.

"Tell me about your friend Lucky, Sten, won't you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pair of priests tuck into the repast.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next