Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:23 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Profession: Knight
Having broken your fast, cleared camp and made your way to the road, your last day of travel awaits.

Unlike yesterday's dank and overcast day today seems like a throwback to the more glorious days of Summer, warm but with a light breeze.

You'll reach Saxton by this eve, with Fenring Forest to brave the evening after.

(Perhaps one or more of you have been to Saxton before, or may have come from there originally)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:21 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Laila fixed her eye on the new man, she had vague recollections of someone stumbling into camp last night and assumed he had chosen to stick around for his own reasons.

" So....Saxton? I haven't been this far west myself. Anyone have any knowledge?"

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:12 am 
8th Rank
8th Rank

Profession: Warlock
“Not me,” Calder replies the pretty lady. Turning to the new man, he asks,”where are you heading to today? Are you coming With us?”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:39 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
”Nor I. Never been this far North before. I’ve spent most of my time in and around Montombre’s lands...” Corvin tails off, a dark glower clouding his already cruel features.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:43 pm 
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

"You said your name was Jharak, right?" asks Lucky. "I apologize for our lack of courtesy last night. I hope you found our fire and campsite comfortable, and as a knight I feel I must extend you whatever mean hospitality I have to offer. Which is to say, you seem to be travelling in the same direction as us, so until you rejoin your party, please feel free to ask if you need my assistance with anything."

Lucky tries to be subtle as he scans the wizened stranger's face for any reaction to the knight's disfigured facial features. While this was partly a matter of vanity, as Lucky ashamedly admitted to himself, he also found it useful for taking the measure of a new acquaintance's personality and morality. For example: Was this man the sort to openly show disdain for God's less fortunate children, or did he have some measure of sympathy, or perhaps just tact?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:52 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

" I know Saxton pretty well, Laila. It is situated in the shadows of Fenring forest, the folk there are a resourceful bunch."
" The Village has a wall with gates that are closed at sundown the palisades are well lit with torches that burn through the night. My father has been lighting them every night for years and is part of the militia which is where i learnt my trade."

"Travellers come through fairly regularly and the villagers try to make some money from those brave adventurers that go looking for things in that forest. "

"Many have gone in and have not returned, though wood cutters ply their trade along the edge of the forest and return to the safety of the walls at night."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:54 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

"Have you been away from Saxton o'er long, Sten?" asks the priest. "I was last there when I fled the elf-king."

"I believe I may have a-spied your father, though I had been half maddened by my experiences."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:00 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joshua wrote:
" I know Saxton pretty well, Laila. It is situated in the shadows of Fenring forest, the folk there are a resourceful bunch."
" The Village has a wall with gates that are closed at sundown the palisades are well lit with torches that burn through the night. My father has been lighting them every night for years and is part of the militia which is where i learnt my trade."

Corvin listens with interest to Sten’s description of Saxton’s defences.

”Saxton sounds like a most formidable redoubt. How many men are there in the militia? Are they all armed and armoured like you Sten? The good folk of Saxton surely sleep most soundly guarded by stout walls and stout men like you.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:04 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

SimonB wrote:
"Have you been away from Saxton o'er long, Sten?" asks the priest. "I was last there when I fled the elf-king."

"”My apologies if you have spun this tale before Father Bretwald, but I’d welcome the tale of how a godly man came to be pursued by faerie royalty! Was it when you last sought after noble Vallandar’s tomb?”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:56 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Profession: Hunter
Laila was impressed with the towns defences, though she wondered at what sort of forces might be arrayed against it here on the borders of Ellesland.

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next